cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance add on required to make a call to someone in the same building...

Maks1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I went to make a call today, I got the message that I did not have an active plan, I realized I had forgotten to pay my bill (set to manually) yesterday and I went online to pay real quick so I could make my call. 

When I made my call the no active plan message popped up again, I turned my phone on and off to see if it just had to reset or something but it still sent me the same problem. 

I read some tips on the forums which said to suspend account/lost phone and then reactivate within five minutes. I did that and when I went to make a call, and now is saying that I don't have a long distance plan to make the call....I'm calling my mom who's in the same building as me to test it out....
Also, I have the 25$ a month plan that has internation text and province wide calling.
It also says my account is active and that my recent payment was made today, as well as I have a hold on funds with my bank.

I contacted the PM team but I haven't recieved anything yet and understand it may take some time but I'm wondering if anyone has had these issues and if they did were they resolved?? 
TIA

15 REPLIES 15

Maks1234

Yeah that's what I'm planning to do haha, no point in messages another one though going to wait to hear back from them and ask them about it whenever they get back to me. 
Thanks for suggesting that though, I appreciate it! 🙂 

@Maks1234 wrote:

I changed the plan, got charged another 28 after tax and it fixed the issue. when they finally do get back to me I'm going to explain the situation and see if there's anything that can be done about the extra money I just spent to get my stupid phone to work. 
Might wait til July and completely cancel cause screw this lol. 

Glad you got it working again. The moderators will make it right for you, if it was a PM problem. The vast majority of PM subscribers report no problem with the service. Before you go elsewhere, give PM a fair try. Hopefully, you ran into the only problem you'll have and now you can enjoy saving some $$ compared to the other guys. 

Once you find out what the problem was, maybe you'll be able to assist someone else with similar issue..and you can save even more $$$.

Good luck wherever you go.

@Maks1234 wrote:

I changed the plan, got charged another 28 after tax and it fixed the issue. when they finally do get back to me I'm going to explain the situation and see if there's anything that can be done about the extra money I just spent to get my stupid phone to work. 

@Maks1234  Wow glad to hear you solved it, so it was your plan after all Smiley Happy. You should send the moderator a message and ask them to credit the $25.00 back into your account. Heck maybe ask them for a little extra since you solved your own problem! Smiley Happy

Maks1234

@Maks1234 wrote:

I've considered maybe doing that to see if it would work but I already paid for this month, would that mean I have to pay another 25$ then for the switch?
I'm just a tad worried it's still going to fail but I might give it a shot while I wait and then see what PM replies with. 

@Maks1234  If you select immediate change then yes you will need to make another $25.00 payment. The other option is to select the plan change on your next renewal date that way you will not lose your existing payment. To be honest, I don't think the plan change will solve your issue though best to wait for the @CS_Agent  to fix your issue. Hang in there!

Maks1234

I've considered maybe doing that to see if it would work but I already paid for this month, would that mean I have to pay another 25$ then for the switch?
I'm just a tad worried it's still going to fail but I might give it a shot while I wait and then see what PM replies with. 

Maks1234

Tried it and it didn't work =( 
I don't have dual sims unfortunately and when I tried to switch my sim into my mom's phone, the same thing happened...
I'm hoping to get a response shortly. Thank you for the suggestion! 

@Maks1234 wrote:

Yeah, I've tried calling a few different numbers like friends and such and still get the same long distance add on package message....
I unfortunately don't have another phone i can try it on at the moment, I might be able to try it on my mom's when she gets back home in a bit. I wonder if it's a SIM problem...i'm worried that's what PM will tell me and then I get a new SIM card and the same problem happens....

@Maks1234  Sounds like you will have to wait for the moderator as others have mentioned to reset your account from their end. I'm not sure why you think they are going to ask you to change sims? You said that you currently paying $25.00 for province wide calling and international texts. Have you considered changing to the current $25 unlimited Canada wide calling + international texts + 500 MB + (500 MB Bonus with Autopay)?

@Maks1234 wrote:

Yeah, I've tried calling a few different numbers like friends and such and still get the same long distance add on package message....
I unfortunately don't have another phone i can try it on at the moment, I might be able to try it on my mom's when she gets back home in a bit. I wonder if it's a SIM problem...i'm worried that's what PM will tell me and then I get a new SIM card and the same problem happens....

While waiting...log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-stolen. Click SUSPEND service, then log out. After a couple minutes, log back in and Resume service. Log out again. Reboot phone. I know you've tried it already, but...one more time.

If you have dual sim slots, try sim in other slot.

Wait times for moderator response is anywhere from 20 minutes to 48 hours so please be patient.

Good luck.

Maks1234

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Maks1234 wrote:

When I went to make a call today, I got the message that I did not have an active plan, I realized I had forgotten to pay my bill (set to manually) yesterday and I went online to pay real quick so I could make my call. 

When I made my call the no active plan message popped up again, I turned my phone on and off to see if it just had to reset or something but it still sent me the same problem. 

I read some tips on the forums which said to suspend account/lost phone and then reactivate within five minutes. I did that and when I went to make a call, and now is saying that I don't have a long distance plan to make the call....I'm calling my mom who's in the same building as me to test it out....
Also, I have the 25$ a month plan that has internation text and province wide calling.
It also says my account is active and that my recent payment was made today, as well as I have a hold on funds with my bank.

I contacted the PM team but I haven't recieved anything yet and understand it may take some time but I'm wondering if anyone has had these issues and if they did were they resolved?? 
TIA

Sorry this is so frustrating for you...

Have you tried calling other numbers other than your mom?

I know it probably won't do anything, but do you have access to another device to try your SIM inside it?

Maks1234

Just tried that and it didn't work 😕

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Maks1234 wrote:

TIA

Try adding 1 ahead of area code. You won't be charged for long distance. Let us know if this helps.

Maks1234

Definitely don't have time for thst **bleep**.....
Probably going to go with another company, this is why this business is trash. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, you will need to wait for a moderator to resolve it.  It can take 48-72 hours depending on workload.

Need Help? Let's chat.