cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my account

jayleung916
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I need help.  I help to manage my mother-in-law's account.  I was looking to log in and change the method of payment.  I have been paying for her phone bills.  But I forgot my log in details and forgot my security question.  Now I am locked out.  Please help immediately!

Thanks,

Jason

8 REPLIES 8

delbertlounds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

set new pass word . Have beeb paying with my master card for 8 years all of a sudden you are saying i havent paid my bill and i don't know why . I am now forced to cancel my service with Public mobile and going to Telus . I need my old number ported to Telus .The number is 416 575 1660 .

jayleung916

Thank you @Anonymous for the tips and advice.  No worries on the credit card expiry.  It's got another 1.5 years.  Then at this point, I'll just patiently wait for a response from @CS_Agent.  I provided as much information on the account as I could.  So, it should be ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayleung916 wrote:

Yes, the service is still usable.  My biggest worry was getting locked out of self serve would also affect the service.  I have autopay set up.  I just wanted to change my method of payment.  I am still waiting for the @CS_Agent to respond to my private message

Then you're fine for service. No one wants to pay for no service. I hope the credit card up there hasn't expired!

Unfortunately yes you'll need to wait for them. Who knows how long these things take. I hope you gave them all of the identifying info they like so that you don't go back and forth waiting again.

jayleung916

Yes, the service is still usable.  My biggest worry was getting locked out of self serve would also affect the service.  I have autopay set up.  I just wanted to change my method of payment.  I am still waiting for the @CS_Agent to respond to my private message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayleung916 wrote:

Thank you for the tip.  Do you know if the account is locked out, is the usage of the plan still available?  Thanks

Is the service usable? Getting locked out of accessing the self-serve doesn't affect the service.

Well...unless you don't have autopay set and you don't have enough Available Funds to renew then you would go into suspension and stop working...all because you couldn't get in to top up. 🙂

jayleung916

Thank you for the tip.  Do you know if the account is locked out, is the usage of the plan still available?  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayleung916 wrote:

Hi,

I need help.  I help to manage my mother-in-law's account.  Her phone number is xxxxxxxxxx.  I was looking to log in and change the method of payment.  I have been paying for her phone bills.  But I forgot my log in details and forgot my security question.  Now I am locked out.  Please help immediately!

Thanks,

Jason

Site policy requires that no personal information be shown on the forum. It's readable by everybody whether logged in or not. You should edit your post(s).

You'll need to contact the mods.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

jayleung916

Need Help? Let's chat.