cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving public mobile...😢😢

BvB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear all,

I recently left PM and went back to Rogers as they were providing a better deal. My PM sim got deactivated today 11-Apr-2021 and l can no longer access my PM account. Kindly advise how l can cancel my pre-authorized payments with PM.

19 REPLIES 19

BvB

So l reached out to the moderators through private message and was confirmed there was no cc on file. However it is advisable that in the future you inactivate autopay before porting numbers. Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions 😊 

Dgraziani

That Rogers deal is a killer though. But I still dont see myself spending 50$ a month for a phone or using all that data. 

@hTideGnow 

There have been pm winback offers. If I remember correctly it was $10 off the $15 plan or $25 plan and $20 off the $40 or $50 plan for one year. They were very YMMV and were offered in the fall of 2019.

@BearFBI wrote:

@gpixel Probably. 

Carrier winback offers are AGRESSIVE now. 

Would that encourage PM to offer freebies to prevent future potential losses along with some of the many inconvenienced individuals who bought the new Provincial Wide and now have to "change" their plan to Canada Wide??

Too bad we never see any Public Winback offer  🙂

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel Probably. 

Carrier winback offers are AGRESSIVE now. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI it's probably the $50/25gb or something of that nature. 

@BvB that's a really good deal, but it will eventually become a more expensive plan over time. where your pm plan will become cheaper. it really depends on your data needs. if you have wifi at home, you probably don't need that much data. if you find that you are having a hard time going through all that data, it probably wasn't the right decision

BvB

I just got a deal as part of their winback plan for former customers. 

BvB

The deal l got is part of their "winback" plan for former customers..🙂

BvB

I just sent them a private msg.. lets see what they respond with... Thanks for the advice 🙏 👍 

BlueB

@BvB - I wouldn't worry about it... like many have said, either contact a Mod to see what account bits might be left or simply watch your credit card statement.  I'm sure you have a busy schedule with lots of other things to worry about! 

If there is a charge show up, you can always do a chargeback/dispute with your card.  It's not ideal, but has taken me about 2 minutes before and you can always contact a Moderator again at that point.

I know we're all curious what your deal with Rogers is, but nonetheless glad you found something that suits you!  🙂

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@BvB wrote:

Dear all,

I recently left PM and went back to Rogers as they were providing a better deal. My PM sim got deactivated today 11-Apr-2021 and l can no longer access my PM account. Kindly advise how l can cancel my pre-authorized payments with PM.

Hi @BvB sorry to hear you had left Public Mobile.  

It is recommended that you delete your credit card info before you port.  As your PM account should be automatically closed when port is complete, there are glitches in the system and it is a possibility that one of those glitches is on autopay.  There are a lot of autopay failures being reported in the forums.  And I think I had read one or two posts where their cc card still being charged after porting.  But I am old and when people get older, changes occur in all parts of the body, including the brain. 😁

For your peace of mind, send a private message to the moderators to help you remove your credit card information.  Let's hope that the moderators can still access information in closed accounts.

Aloha

RosieR

BearFBI

@BvB May I ask what deal rogers gave you ? I'm curious.

@BvB 

Although extremely unlikely there have been sporadic reports of a card still being charged. Monitor your credit card account on the date of what would have been your next renewal. If no charge has been made on that date then you have nothing to worry about.

Be sure to monitor and review your CIS, agreement and billing from rogers. There are frequent reports of billing errors and hidden charges that if found must be addressed within 60 days or they will consider you have agreed to the charges erroneous or otherwise. Review every billing statement carefully as soon as you recieve it.

@LEGO wrote:

@BvB If your account is deactivated then your credit card information is also deleted, but... if you want to be certain than you may contact the Moderators by opening a ticket here > 

I agree. If you port out, how long does your auto pay set stay? What if PM gets hacked? Contact a MOD and ask to have your credit card (?) information removed. It is only common sense to protect yourself. If you are about to receive a replacement card due to expiry ..less worry....but it is usually the same number and only the CVC numbers change. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BvB 

The only way I might be concerned about the credit card remaining on file would be if your next renewal was scheduled for today/this evening. 

Otherwise you're good to go.

LEGO

@BvB If your account is deactivated then your credit card information is also deleted, but... if you want to be certain than you may contact the Moderators by opening a ticket here > 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@BvB wrote:

The account was automatically closed when you ported out your number, and any credit remaining on the account would also have been lost. If you are concerned any automatic payment may continue to occur (has this happened?) then you can contact the moderators to verify your account is fully closed and no further transactions will occur.

For future reference to others - it would be advisable to remove your payment method from your selfserve account prior to porting out to guarantee no chance of further transactions against your credit card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BvB : Porting out is _supposed_ to stop everything. But there have been sporadic reports of people continuing to be charged. At this point, watch your payment card around your previous renewal date and if nothing happens then good. Or you could ask the moderators to make sure there's no payment card or autopay on.

Need Help? Let's chat.