cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving country for a while

RKR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im leaving canada for a while and my account is on auto-pay. It is the 12GB $120 hot deal plan. 

If I remove it from autopay can I let it expire again and then pay again in like 88 days? or is it not 90 days any more for expiration and not losing your plan and number ?

Dont want to lose plan or number, but also realize we cant suspend our account for a year. In hopes of cutting costs to $240 a year to keep my plan and number ?  Thanks for your help in advance (:

12 REPLIES 12

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RKR wrote:

Okay so then in like 88 days I go make a payment and that is it Im back up and running? Then at the end of that 90 days I can do the same thing to put it in suspended account?

Any limits to this?

For keeping the plan and number, no, there are no limits to the number of times you can do this. However, to earn loyalty rewards, your account cannot be in suspended or expired status for more than 60 days during the year. More about loyalty rewards here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

@RKR, yes you can go inactive after you renew and let that plan run out.  I have not read of any limits to this and I can't see why they would put a limit on it if you are gone like 9 months you are still paying for 3 of them and not even using the network so they are still getting something for holding it for you.  If others have heard differently I am sure they will chime in with what they have found out about this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RKR

Okay so then in like 88 days I go make a payment and that is it Im back up and running? Then at the end of that 90 days I can do the same thing to put it in suspended account?

Any limits to this?

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for your help. 

@RKR, no they don't need a credit card as this is a prepaid service.  The only reason they need a credit card is if you have signed up for autopay.  Once you have turned off autopay and removed yoru card info you have upto 90 days to re-activate your current plan with your phone number.  If you go over this time limit you will lose your current plan and your phone number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RKR

So I stopped auto pay and removed my credit card from the payment section.. Is that all I need to be good to be in suspension mode for up to a maximum of 90 days  without losing my number and $120 12 gig plan?

They dont need a credit card ?

SD08

@RKR wrote:

How do I exactly put my account in suspension?

Just take it off auto pay ?

Yes, you should remove autopay from your account. In your self-serve account, you can do that by going to Payment -> Make A Payment -> Manage Autopay (see photo below), then click on the "Remove Autopay".  Additionally you can also remove your credit card info by clicking on the "Manage my card" link (bottom of photo), which will take you to the option to "Remove this credit card".

Autopay1.jpg

Martinlht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Yes, and remove your credit card details so it can't charge to anything.

RKR

How do I exactly put my account in suspension?

Just take it off auto pay ?

SD08

I believe the 90th day after expiry results in account removal and loss of plan/number, but I would really advise to not wait until the last day or two to reactivate, just to give you a bit of safety margin in case there are unforeseen problems, and that does happen sometimes. Really, the risk of losing the plan is not worth waiting and saving the couple of extra days.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RKR, yes you can let your plan expire and stay in a suspended state for up to 90 days to retain your number and plan.  So when you return you can make your payment and re-activate your current plan.  I would set a Calendar reminder a like you said 88 days to make sure that you don't forget to renew!  Also I would remove your credit card info so that auto renew can't be used.

Martinlht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Yes, you can put your plan into suspension mode for 90 days before you permanently lose your plan. One of my friends did the same thing you did (still doing it) where he paid for nov - Jan, deactivated between Jan - mar, and then activated again between march - June. He is currently suspended again. I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number of suspensions though.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Correct, to keep current/any promo you must reactivate that plan within 90 days. Changing plans will forfeit the plan; not paying on time will delete the account and phone number. More details: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.