cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Public

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi PM users, 

I just wanted to ask what happens when you leave PM? IS there some sort of confirmation?

Work's ported me over to the corporate plan which I've decided to move my phone number over as well (didn't see a need to pay for my own plan and carry 2 phones). I just want to make sure that my account is closed over here.

It looks like I can no longer log in using my e-mail address. Is that correct? Just want to be sure so I won't get charged 🙂

Hopefully PM is still around when I need to go back to a personal phone plan.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Noosiekins hey no judgement here, I completely understand.  At the end of the day you gotta follow where the money is, I would have done the same.  If I can get an amazing plan at a shockingly low rate I'd jump ship too.  At the end of the day I want to keep as much money in my bank account as possible, lol.  Enjoy Smiley LOL

Noosiekins

@dna2016 I'm sad to go as well. I know I would never be able to get the plan I had with PM if I ever depart the company I am currently working for. Smiley Sad

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Noosiekins a successful port to the new provider means your previous provider (in this case PM), has been notified that the number is no longer in their subscription base and will automatically cancel.  Also, as you mentioned you can't log into your My Account anymore so that's pretty much your confirmation.  I guess PM figured no point in developing a system to notify customers who are leaving, lol.  Sad to see you go, but no worries, we'll be right here waiting for you when you get back Smiley LOL

Noosiekins

@stonechucker I will keep an eye on it just to make sure. I would imagine i would get a text if they decide to charge me 🙂 

Noosiekins

@bridonca wrote:

Once ported, your Public Mobile account should close.  There is not much you need to do on your end.

I figure as much as that's how it is in the past even coming from Telus to PM. 

Jesscross
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once your new service is activated, your existing service should be automatically cancelled. However, it is a permanent suloution 

If you didn't remove credit card information before porting out, you'll want to check for the next while if you're being charged or not.

Sometimes you will still get charged.  Contacting the Moderator_Team is prudent, as you now can not access your account.  Cancelling of account at port out is normal practice.

bridonca

Once ported, your Public Mobile account should close.  There is not much you need to do on your end.

Need Help? Let's chat.