cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KOHO Reloadable Prepaid Visa not accepted for auto pay

qberry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey PM Community.

I have the issue above. I contacted KOHO and they believed this is unusual behavior and sent out a new card and reset my account I assume. But I am still getting an error message with the new activated card.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I did this with the Virtual card and the psychical card. I then tried a different card (TD VISA DEBIT) and it was accepted no issue.

Does anyone know what is going on or have experienced this issue? I no longer want to use the TD VISA DEBIT card anymore I am done paying $17 a month to use the visa debit.

oh I also used KOHO on Amazon, Ring, Oculus store and can add the card no issues.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

qberry

^^

haha, nice. I like my KOHO Card i was worried about this issue but now that it's solved, I really like my KOHO card again.

@qberry 

I am happy I was able to help you along on your way......I'm a big koho card fan although I never activated my card. My autopay registered card is currently.........

Which reminds me I need to update this weeks deals...I'm way behind!Which reminds me I need to update this weeks deals...I'm way behind!

qberry

OMG THANK YOU! I  was in doubt that it would work, first off thanks to the other suggestions I did try private mode and cleared browser etc still didn't work.

The thing is I put my address exactly the way i have it registered on the card KOHO with street number, street name and unit #.

I tried using the #4 suggestion "Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W"
and that was the key to get it to work! wow thank you so much for all the help everyone.
yay! wow this community is awesome,

Thanks again everyone!

-Q

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Clear browser cache/cookies/forms, yeah. And disable any scriptblocker/adblocker you're running while on the Self-Serve (payment) page.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

"We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank."

Some people in these forums say they use KOHO prepaid cards for AutoPay.

But the cards may not work if they're the "anonymous" gift-card kind which don't have a name (your name) imprinted on them, which don't have an identity (your identity) anchored to them.

I quit MOGO a while back because they're a ripoff now. KOHO looks like it might be a good replacement.

@qberry 

I agree with @esjliv as I know several members using a koho card for their autopay and added it with no issues. I have a slightly different method to adding a card.....

When you update your credit card follow this method to avoid errors/messages......

1. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  2. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  3. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  4. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  5. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  6. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.

Once you successfully update your card then try a test payment of $1 to make sure it works. Or better yet just top up your account to cover your next renewal.

Edit: Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators. Who BTW if you still don't succeed let them try.....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@qberry wrote:

Hey PM Community.

I have the issue above. I contacted KOHO and they believed this is unusual behavior and sent out a new card and reset my account I assume. But I am still getting an error message with the new activated card.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I did this with the Virtual card and the psychical card. I then tried a different card (TD VISA DEBIT) and it was accepted no issue.

Does anyone know what is going on or have experienced this issue? I no longer want to use the TD VISA DEBIT card anymore I am done paying $17 a month to use the visa debit.

oh I also used KOHO on Amazon, Ring, Oculus store and can add the card no issues.

Thanks

@qberry ,

Clear your browser's history, open a tab in incognito mode, then try again.

Remove the existing card completely and add a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.