cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just transferred my number from fongo

Raf414
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My number just been transferred from fongo however only been able to make outgoing calls but incoming calls go to phongo app. This means I have to pay money to fongo or as long as the number is transferred this means no however I had been with fongo more then 1 year also I spent money to phongo 

3 REPLIES 3

Dan25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Raf414 wrote:

My number just been transferred from fongo however only been able to make outgoing calls but incoming calls go to phongo app. This means I have to pay money to fongo or as long as the number is transferred this means no however I had been with fongo more then 1 year also I spent money to phongo 

Yeah it's normal for VoIP services to take longer to port, which I learned a few days ago. Same thing happened to me, but with TextNow. I'd say you should just wait for a few days if you can, and if it continues to happen, you can contact either Fongo or Public Mobile to determine the status of the port process. I believe Fongo should have a free option that you can change to, so you won't be charged. Whatever you do though, if you want to port your number to Public Mobile, don't release/remove your Fongo number if the calls are being sent to Fongo. If you do this Fongo may not be able to port your number, and it could be reassigned to someone else. 

Just downgrade to free fongo it's ok. Use the free app until port is finished you can already use your phone for outgoing.

I keep my free fongo on my phone for backup since I have data, it uses very little data. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Raf414 wrote:

@Raf414  A port from Fongo takes 5 - 10 days to complete. So you need to be patient.Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.