cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just made payment but credit card statement doesn't match what you said you billed me?

noogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There

i just made a payment of $120 to my account .. I just got a notice from my credit card that the amount billed was $135.60.  Unsure why this is the case?

Also, I would like to start my new billing cycle today and so I can use data again. I ran out.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is your sales tax of 13% and your phone is either registered in Ontario or Manitoba to get that 13% sales tax. As others said, you need moderator team help to renew your existing plan early but it is not a financially viable option, since there is no credit for early renewal.

@noogers@will13am has provided you with a link to contact the moderators to renew your plan early - Have you followed this direction?  It is the correct solution for this request.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@chukdefatey I don't think there was a need for that,wish we were all as smart as you wow!!

I don't think I said anything wrong. But here is a PSA for you. In a lot of countries the Price you see is the Price you pay. So the OP maybe new to Canada so he may not know that you have to pay tax on the price that is listed. 

Explaining what the "5%-15% on top" was for without the "PSA" and the "I do not know what else to tell you" crap, may have been helpful, but seeing how that was already explained you could have said nothing at all and avoided any controversy. 

There was no Controversy whatsoever. OP himself agreed he made a mistake and said he should have known. 

@chukdefatey wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@chukdefatey I don't think there was a need for that,wish we were all as smart as you wow!!

I don't think I said anything wrong. But here is a PSA for you. In a lot of countries the Price you see is the Price you pay. So the OP maybe new to Canada so he may not know that you have to pay tax on the price that is listed. 

Explaining what the "5%-15% on top" was for without the "PSA" and the "I do not know what else to tell you" crap, may have been helpful, but seeing how that was already explained you could have said nothing at all and avoided any controversy. 

noogers

Its ok guys. I have thick skin 😉

chukdefatey

@RossN wrote:

chukdefatey

@noogers wrote:

Hi There

i just made a payment of $120 to my account .. I just got a notice from my credit card that the amount billed was $135.60.  Unsure why this is the case?

Also, I would like to start my new billing cycle today and so I can use data again. I ran out.

Thanks

Are you new to Canada? If you are here is a Public Service Announcement. The Price that is listed is not what you pay. Depending on where in Canada you live add 5% to 15% on top of the listed price. 

If you are not new then I don't know what else to tell you. 

@noogers wrote:

That makes sense. How do i start my billing cycle early?

ty

Renewing early to the same plan requires moderator team intervention.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@noogers, all cost data showing in the self serve account are pre tax.  The amount of tax assessed and charged to the credit card is based on the area code which defines the province.

@noogers wrote:

ty

Think of it you will loose what you have already paid....the only way to renew early the same plan is to ask to the moderators...

noogers

ty

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@noogers wrote:

Hi There

Thanks

The difference is ...just....the taxes charged as usual.

But for your data it would be better to add an add-on not to renew earlier...or you will loose what is remaining in your plan...but it's your choice.Smiley Happy 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@noogers  hi it is because of the tax added

Need Help? Let's chat.