cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Credit Card Authorization

fixxius
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am at the payment step of the account setup, but when I try to activate my number, all I get is an error message that reads "Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request." My credit card is perfectly valid, as I used it 20 minutes ago to successfully order a case for my phone on Amazon, but for some reason your website won't accept it, and I can't call customer service because I need a valid Public Mobile phone number to get past the first step of your automated gateway. I have contacted my credit card company who assure me my card should be working, and that it is likely an issue on your end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

You are likely to get SIM invalid as a result of partial activation. If that occurs, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your SIM card number, PM account email address, and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When the billing system rejects your credit card, sometimes trying the following works:
-clear your browser cookies/cache
-use a different browser
-use private/incognito browsing mode
-turn off ad/pop-up blockers
-use a different device (tablet, desktop, laptop)
-use a different credit card
-try again later

In the payment page, enter your name, address, postal code exactly as they appear on your credit card statement. If necessary, shorten the info you enter on the PM form by cutting off the last characters. If you have a suite/apt number, you can try eliminating that info from the form.
Note: If attempting a payment, be sure to check your credit card account after each attempt to avoid multiple charges.

Alternatively, to make payment, you could buy Public Mobile vouchers from various retailers listed here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay
As that list may be outdated, it's best to contact the retailer to confirm what they have before you visit them.

If none of these work for you, then you could send a private message to the Moderator Team for help.  Click this  Moderator_Team link to send a message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.