cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there overage charges for data?

Tracer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am cutting it fine on my data plan with just a week to go and was wondering how it works? Does the data just turn off until my period renews, or does Public charge so much for overages?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As mentioned by a lot of the community members, there is no overage charge for data as PM is pre paid so the plan stops once you exceed the limit 

If you exceed and still wish to access the services, you might consider adding add ons to your account 

This thread could be helpful in answering the question

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Data-overage-charges/td-p/327286

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Simple answer = no overage charges.... One of the many great things about Public Mobile

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tracer wrote:

That's a bonus as well, so no expiry on extra minutes? Is it the same for data to? Altho looking through the community tonight seems to show that data top ups are pricer but always good to know

All in Canada add-ons (including data) do not expire until used up.  Agree they are kind of pricy!

Tracer

That's a bonus as well, so no expiry on extra minutes? Is it the same for data to? Altho looking through the community tonight seems to show that data top ups are pricer but always good to know

Tracer

Awesome  z10!

I was previously with Telus and I guess it was a post paid service so haven't had much experience with the prepaid service so this information is greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tracer wrote:

I am getting the impression the data feature just turns off and talk/text still works, but I would like confirmation

For the 50 or 100 minute plans or using all the minutes from an add-on...the call would just drop.

The 50 text plan you wouldn't be able to send more SMS.

Any data from a plan or add-on would just stop working.

This is a pre-paid service. You don't pay you don't get.

Tracer

Perfect! Thanks for the fast response Dabr!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tracer wrote:

I am getting the impression the data feature just turns off and talk/text still works, but I would like confirmation

Yes once you've consumed all your data, you won't be able to access anymore unless you purchase an data add-on or change to another plan with data.

Edit:  If you run out minutes on a limited plan, that will too stop working as mentioned, but you can add 500 Canada wide minutes for $5 to supplement limited plan minutes, all Canadian add-ons stay on your account until used up and do not expire monthly.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tracer wrote:

I am cutting it fine on my data plan with just a week to go and was wondering how it works? Does the data just turn off until my period renews, or does Public charge so much for overages?

Thanks in advance!

PM is prepaid so no overages here at all:)

Tracer

Need Help? Let's chat.