cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a schedule for when moderators are available (if there are any moderators)?

new_user_88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is currently day 4 without any cellular service. I cannot make or receive calls or text messages. Moderators are replying, but it seems that they are restricted to either 3 messages a day or 1 message every 4 hours. 

I am locked out of my account, cannot pay for my service and Public Mobile cannot seem to send emails to hotmail accounts (for password resets).

I have never felt this helpless before and I genuinely do not know what to do.

11 REPLIES 11

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@new_user_88or show differentiation between Public Mobile vs Koodo (next tier up).

new_user_88

I find this extremely hard to believe.. are they intentionally trying to downsize their customer base?

It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns. Lately we've heard some horror stories about long wait times but I think it has gotten better. Also, I have not heard any complaints about the vouchers lately, but I have also not heard a release saying the issue was found and fixed.Screenshot_20190809-164748.png

new_user_88

I visited the Koodo store where they were selling vouchers and when I asked them if I can get one, they said that currently a lot of public mobile customers who got the voucher actually lost their money since it didnt work for them. Apparently there's some issues going on where even the vouchers arent being activated for Public Mobile customers. 

@new_user_88 wrote:

I can, but the reason why I want to access my account is becuase my credit card no longer works, and dialing 611 oly allowed me the option of purchasing a voucher with an already registered credit card (couldnt seem to figure out how to add a new one)

hi @new_user_88 If you want phone service restored, asap, please follow @GinYVR's recommendation.
Purchase voucher and redeem it to get your phone working again.
You can buy vouchers at participating shops or at recharge.com (there is a slight surcharge to buy from this site).

Then you can wait for Moderator_team to get back to you regarding your Self-serve account and invalid credit card.

Regarding replies from Moderator_team, please check the private messages inbox in your Community account (click on envelope icon on top right corner).

@new_user_88You cannot change your credit card info via 611 but once you get your phone working again with a voucher, you should be able to just reset your password etc much easier. Public Mobile's lacks customer service hence we get to save a few bucks a month, so use the path of least resistance can save yourself some headaches.

new_user_88

I can, but the reason why I want to access my account is becuase my credit card no longer works, and dialing 611 oly allowed me the option of purchasing a voucher with an already registered credit card (couldnt seem to figure out how to add a new one)

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@new_user_88Are you able to access your account function via 611, *611 or #611? If so, then you can purchase a voucher at any convenience store and get your phone working. That way you will be able to receive verification SMS from Public Mobile and makes communications easier.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@new_user_88 wrote:

It is currently day 4 without any cellular service. I cannot make or receive calls or text messages. Moderators are replying, but it seems that they are restricted to either 3 messages a day or 1 message every 4 hours. 

I am locked out of my account, cannot pay for my service and Public Mobile cannot seem to send emails to hotmail accounts (for password resets).

I have never felt this helpless before and I genuinely do not know what to do.

I'm on day 8 of waiting. I think they are heavily backlogged right now. Another user was commenting that they were spamming tickets (at least 3 in less than a day and likely more the next day all for the same issue) so that kind of stuff just makes it take even longer for the rest of us because they will need to take the time to read the issue again, either realize it was done already or worse, start trying to fix it after it was already fixed, both of which take time out their schedule to help others.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.  Subject to change.

You should message them again but it can take 48 - 72 hours depending on workload for a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.