cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the monthly cost payed in the beginning of a month ?

kaihu0730
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I became a new customer of public mobile on the night of last Friday , Feb-28 .

After my new public SIM card was activated , I added my wife's credit card as the monthly autopayment  to this sim card .

And I found that $40 was payed in that night , I fugued that this payment was for the cost of my first month (MAR ,2020 ) . .

So , in th future ,  the monthly payment will happen in the begging of every month , right ?

10 REPLIES 10

kaihu0730

Thank you for your response .

I guess it is a prepay service but nor very sure .

Have a good one !

kaihu0730

Thank you for your explainning in such a detail .

And you have made me clear that PM is a prepay service supplier .

Have a good one !

kaihu0730

Thanks for your clearly explainning and remindation of the next payment date .

I had add a credit card to my account , so I suppose my auto-payment setting will pay automaticlly according to the 30 day-cycle rather than the month ( because the days of every month is different ) , for example ,net payment will happen on MAR 28 , is  it right ?

kaihu0730

Thanks for your explaining in so detail , and I hve gor your point that a payment cycle is 30 days but not completely the same date of next month .

You have made me more clearly about the caculation for service days payment days .

Thanks a lot !

kaihu0730

Thanks for your response .

Have a good one !

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kaihu0730 wrote:

After my new public SIM card was activated , I added my wife's credit card as the monthly autopayment  to this sim card .

And I found that $40 was payed in that night , I fugued that this payment was for the cost of my first month (MAR ,2020 ) . .

So , in th future ,  the monthly payment will happen in the begging of every month , right ?

Q: The monthly payment will happen in the begging of every month , right ?

A: Yes, you will have to make a payment before you use the services. "Pay before use Services"

However, You have to remember one thing that the plans are not monthly. They are 30 days only. The renewal date will keep on changing.

The best thing to do is just set the card to Autopay. Which you have already done.

It will take payments on its own. (you will get a text message days before your renewal date). 

Also to remember if you log into your "MySelf-Serve Account" 1 day/on your renewal day it might say "suspended"  but don't panic let the autopay do its thing and it will automatically go back to normal overnight after renewal.

Cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kaihu0730  Yes, Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid provider so you need to prepay for the 30 days. To find out your next plan renewal date dial 611 from your phone.

To add to what @darlicious said, the funds will come out at 2.00 am est. On the 29th. Also look out for these 2 messages from 611 the 3 day payment reminder and the thankyou for payment .  Especially The thankyou one as it indicates a successful payment.

@kaihu0730 

If you activated on February 28th your next renewal will be at 11:59 pm et on March 28th (pay for your service by this time and date). Your new 30 day plan starts at midnight eastern on March 29th. You can call 611 to find out your renewal date or look on either the rewards or overview page in your account.

*Please note the date on the overview page can be misleading...it will say pay for your plan by 11:59 pm et on this date...in your case March 29th. As stated above pay for it by 11:59pm et the night before this date.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kaihu0730 wrote:

PM billing cycle is 30 days.  Therefore, the renewal date changes according to the number of days in that month.  Your next renewal date is 30 days from Feb 28 = Mar 29 because February has 29 days.

PM is a prepaid service.  Payment is at the beginning of a cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.