cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is public mobile part of chatr?

Carmenamayer82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to public mobile and I was previously with chatr but when I went to renew my phone plan I was told by the associate that this was chatr's new name .. something along those lines.. I was not given an option to change.to public mobile. I'm also starting to think that I was given some bad information and I.find it very offensive and actually extremely mad.

Thanks

Once I receive the correct information  I am going to be making a complaint with the company(s) about this employee 

5 REPLIES 5

@Carmenamayer82 

It does say public mobile at the top of your phone? Where did you go to renew your plan? If that sales associate gave you incorrect info you should file a complaint with the manager. You can also review that retail location on pms store locator page.

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Carmenamayer82 

I would speak to a representative of chatr and get a refund. This is bad information and outright a lie. If they were a cell booth representative they would have known full well what they were saying was not true. 

Also Public Mobile is amazing chatr not so amazing. Public Mobile had rewards that can reduce your bill to zero, this is not the case for chatr. 

Enjoy your day. 

harshad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Carmenamayer82 It does look like the associate may have had some vested interests.

As someone above has already pointed out, Chatr is Roger's prepaid brand. Public Mobile is Telus'. No connection between the two.

Hope this helps and I wish you a great day ahead. 

@Carmenamayer82 Not only, as mentioned earlier, is Public Mobile not "part of" Chatr right now, Public Mobile has never been owned by any division of Rogers (or Chatr).  Before being purchased by Telus, Public Mobile was an independent carrier.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile @Carmenamayer82 Public Mobile and Koodo are owned by Telus. Chatr, Rogers.

Need Help? Let's chat.