cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to block to exceed mobile data on public mobile not just on my phone?

Ladislav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am coming from Fido, where it is not possible to block additional charges when data limit is exceeded which is ridiculous for me. I simply do not want to exceed my data and I want mobile operator to stop data connection.

I wanted to ask if Public Mobile supports that feature, it is one of the major deciding factor to me.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

@srlawren wrote:

@Alex888 @RobertQc to more succinctly answer @Ladislav's question, you could have gone with "yes--do nothing, done" Robot LOL

@srlawren  I thought of doing that, but some details are always good 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 @RobertQc to more succinctly answer @Ladislav's question, you could have gone with "yes--do nothing, done" Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Ladislav 

This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance. Its a standard warning for everyone. The system also warns you when you get close to running out of data with text messages.

There are never any extra charges ever.

If you need to add extra minutes because you used yours up

Or if you need more data because yours is gone
Or you need to call usa because you don't have canada-us you can do it in self serve or dial 611 to make a payment then add an add-on

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@LadislavYou will never be charged extra fees for anything. When you run out of data you just can't use it anymore, you will not be charged.

If you want to use more you have to go into your self-serve account and purchase more data, data addons will stay on your account until they have been used, they never expire.

Need Help? Let's chat.