cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is US romaing add on effective immediately after paid?

goranwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi ,

I will have a 10 days trip to US this Saturday. Is the roaming start counting immediately after paid or I can set schedule for this?

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@koimr1 sure, you can have 'em.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@publicdj wrote:

That’s true, will remember that @koimr1. We never get charged extra since we have to prepay for any roaming anyway.

You mean @srlawren! 🙂

Hahaha @srlawren I am hijacking your posts today, I think. Smiley Tongue

publicdj

I meant thank you so much @srlawren 🙂

publicdj

That’s true, will remember that @koimr1. We never get charged extra since we have to prepay for any roaming anyway.

srlawren

@publicdj oh good I'm glad I could help!

FYI for future reference, you can safely leave the data while roaming setting enabled with PM.  You never need to worry about a suprise roaming data bill after the fact because you only get what you pre-pay for.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

publicdj

Thanks @koimr1, that solved my problem. I think I clicked “make a payment” that’s why it added $100 to my available funds. After “buy” my addon, I was finally able to get my addon but $100 still remained on my available funds, down from $120.

publicdj

Got it. You are a big help @srlawren. You solved my problem with US addon. I really appreciate it. I’m all good now 🙂

srlawren

@publicdj not sure what to tell you about the excess payment, except that it will stay on your account for future renewal or add on purchases.  More about available funds balance here.\

For data, make sure you have the "mobile data while roaming" (or similarly named setting) turned ON on your phone.  Many people have this turned off as a precaution.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@publicdj wrote:

Thank you. My calling is working now but my data isnt yet. Also, I tried doing something earlier to pay the $20 using my preregistered card and I must have made a mistake because my available funds went up to $120

Make sure data roaming is enabled in your settings.

As for the money stuff, you'll probably need to ask a moderator to look into what transaction(s) happened to do that.

publicdj

Thank you. My calling is working now but my data isnt yet. Also, I tried doing something earlier to pay the $20 using my preregistered card and I must have made a mistake because my available funds went up to $120

srlawren

@publicdj wrote:

Hi there, I’m in the US now. I thought I purchased US add on for $20 and it says $20 available funds on my account. Do I have to pay it separately. I tried that anyway using my preregisteredcredit card and now my account says $120 available funds. And I still dont have roaming right now. Thanks

@publicdj if it was still showing $20 in available funds after you tried to purchase the $20 add-on, you only completed the first half of annoyingly-convoluted process.

Please see here, starting at Step 2, which is where you are at now:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

publicdj

Hi there, I’m in the US now. I thought I purchased US add on for $20 and it says $20 available funds on my account. Do I have to pay it separately. I tried that anyway using my preregisteredcredit card and now my account says $120 available funds. And I still dont have roaming right now. Thanks

goranwong

Yes I did. 

srlawren

@goranwong is isn't, and it works.  Which roaming add-on(s) did you purchase?  And are you sure you completed both steps of the 2-step purchase process?

goranwong
It's a waste. I successfully purchase addon and added US roaming. When I am at US, I turned on data roaming, then manually choose T-Mobile 4G as carrier. It shows "registered to network" but it just cannot connect or load any web page. Google map shows offline as well.

goranwong

thanks

It's start right away when you purchase so wait until last minute.
Also a reminder its a 2 step process first you purchase add on and fund get transfer from cc to public mobile funds then you buy again same add-on from available funds.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

it starts working right after purchase

Need Help? Let's chat.