cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate data usage

danielr637
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I've added 1 GB to my plan yesterday  and 95% of It has gone. I have had my data turned off for most of that time and I've used it to receive a few social media messages and respond. 

We have moved into a new place and have no Wi fi till the end of the month,my partner also updated his plan at the same yesterday on public mobile despite using his phone more than I have. 

I want to Report an issue with the accuracy of the data usage. 

Please can a public mobile employee answer. 

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@danielr637 wrote:

Hi, 

I've added 1 GB to my plan yesterday  and 95% of It has gone. I have had my data turned off for most of that time and I've used it to receive a few social media messages and respond. 

We have moved into a new place and have no Wi fi till the end of the month,my partner also updated his plan at the same yesterday on public mobile despite using his phone more than I have. 

@danielr637  Before you submit a ticket best to go into your phone's data usage settings and see how and what app used up your data. If you are viewing photos online or if phone is updating using data 1GB can be used up in a couple of hours.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danielr637Sometimes apps on your phone can end up using your data if you don't limit mobile data usage for those apps. If you've already checked on your phone that the data was not consumed, you can contact moderators. Click on the green question mark at bottom right to get started. Enter your question into SIMon. Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can clear your browser's cache and try using private mode.

Or the alternative is to send a private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

By the way, if you need more data and want to upgrade your plan, you can make an immediate plan change. More details available here in this link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@danielr637 did you receive a text message saying its 95% gone? Or did you log into your self service account and see its gone. If its the former, then log into your self service account and check your overview page to see if its actually used up. Sometimes erroneous mesages are sent out. It should say xxx/1024 mb data. Like below.  

20200419_140531.jpgIf it doesn't, check your phone data usage to see who the culprits are. If still you feel that an error occurred.  Then contact a moderator and explain your situation.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danielr637 

You will have to contact the moderators and they can look into your account. Take screenshots of your data tracker in your phone, your usage history in your account, overview page and data usage page.....assuming you've already checked these and your data tracker does not show similar usage to your account. (Indicating its an error text from pm?) Also check thru each of your apps data usage just in case one of them updated on mobile data or is running in the background consuming data.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@danielr637 wrote:

Hi, 

@danielr637   Usually PM's data usage tracker is considered to be very accurate, but if you have ruled out apps or browsing not being the culprits on on your phone, then you can submit a ticket to moderators here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

You could also consider changing your plan to one that has more data if you're finding the current plan data allotment is not sufficient for you.  If you opt to change plans then make sure to change at next renewal as PM doesn't offer refunds/proration.

Need Help? Let's chat.