cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im officially in my first renewal

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I didnt get a text to say it would be renewing tonight, only that my amount was due from a couple days ago. just because i was curious i logged in and i am "expired" but i texted myself and it went through just fine 😁

sharing just because i felt like it, but also because i didnt know how many people may not have known you could text your own number to test and see if things are still connected. i had to call support a number of years ago back when i was with Bell and they had me do that to check something (i had called from our landline), and it kind of blew my mind at the time lol

11 REPLIES 11

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I get my text about my rewards and my payment being applied right at 9 a.m. Pacific time. But I've never seen my account go through renewal I've never bothered to look sounds like I probably shouldn't or I panic.

Pawprints1986

Interesting, I got the message about rewards being added at noon, but the sent time was 1230am around. I have my messaging app set up to tell me when someone sent a text rather than when my phone received it. Must be something in their system that let's them time stamp the sent message ahead of it actually sending it. Interesting indeed! Doesn't matter really, just interesting observation. The second one saying all is good was at 1202pm as expected, in "real time" you could say

@fdrcamb519 when you use the @ sign people involved in the post will show up below or you can type the first two digits and the person you are looking for will come to the top of the list. 

This feature works both in the mobile page and the desktop page. 

keep asking questions!

cheers

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 Thanks for sharing and glad all is good!

I also had never texted myself before, interesting. 

zblackma

@Pawprints1986there is no message telling you when the process is starting on the day. of renewal. Just the 2 mentioned above. Yours seems to be going as planned.

michaeltian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

but it's still a little bit worrying, isn't it?

@Pawprints1986  During renewal process your account will go through a few.

• Active to Expired
  • Expired to SuspendedScreenshot_20200205_002706.jpg
  • Suspended back to active once your payment is completed and their system updates.

Through all the steps, if your phone works, don't worry it's normal at each renewal. 

@fdrcamb519 

First you hit the "@" key and a box pops up with the OP's username and the most recent to post in the thread otherwise you have to type the name out followed with a space.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 Looking during renewal will just cause people to make unneeded top ups.  No good can come of it. You renwal should go fine.

fdrcamb519

A quick question maybe off topic but how do we reply using the @Name for example previous post you said Thanks @Pawprints1986 I didn't know that you could do that...... how do we reply @member 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @Pawprints1986 I didn't know that you could do that. So, now you wait for your rewards applied at 12pm est and payment thankyou around 12.03pm est text messages from 611. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.