cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I go away and stop paying for a couple of months, will I loose my phone number?

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@waternlava wrote:

If you suspend your account can you come back and then suspend it immediatly after again?

Is there a limit to how many times in a row you can suspend your account?

After reactivation, your account will be good for 30days.  You can stop payment on your next renewal date and your account will be suspended again for another 90days.  You can repeat this process as many times your like.

@waternlava wrote:

If you suspend your account can you come back and then suspend it immediatly after again?

If you come back you are paying for a 30-day plan so suspending it would waste that time.  If you are away you can let the 30-day plan run out and then you have another 90 days.  That is without autopay or available funds for the account it will get suspended

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

waternlava

@ShawnC13 wrote:

If you don't pay and don't have enough available funds on your account it will go into a suspended state.  You can have it like this for 90 days without losing your plan or your phone number anything longer and it is gone.  If you are going away I would not let it stay in a suspended state for more than 87 days to give yourself some breathing room.

@ShawnC13 is correct. If you have Additional Funds or autopay enabled, your account will continue to renew. If you want to make sure you don't waste your money, consider removing auto pay and your credit card info TEMPORARILY. If you have Additional Funds consider reporting your phone lost.

As long as you report it found before 87 days as ShawnC13 recommends, your number will be safe. Reinstate your account, make your payment, reinsert your cc inf, reinstate autopay and BANG, back in business.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Depends on how long you plan on being out of the counrty. An option is before going away, downgrade your PM plan to the cheapest current plan which is $15. If you're only gone for "a couple of months"...after your most latest plan expires, then you have 90 days to reactivate it. When you're ready to reactivate it, you can get whatever plan is available at that time.

waternlava

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

If you don't pay and don't have enough available funds on your account it will go into a suspended state.  You can have it like this for 90 days without losing your plan or your phone number anything longer and it is gone.  If you are going away I would not let it stay in a suspended state for more than 87 days to give yourself some breathing room.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.