cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was way overcharged

alissamelvin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I'm moving to the USA in a few days and in order to use my maps on my phone and have working service to make calls in case of an emergency, I  added on the $8 for usa roaming unlimited talk, and the $20 for 1gb of data to use my maps. The website is now saying that I  have $50 in available credit on my account and I  was charged on my statement 31.64 (which is the price of the 28 in addons plus tax), and then charged another 24.86! How do I  get this refunded? I'm cancelling my plan at the end of this cycle because I  need to get a plan down there. HELP!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

@alissamelvin to cancel your account just remove the autopay credit card attached to it and the account will automatically expire within 90 days due to lack of payment. Stay safe. 

alissamelvin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I  have autopay on my account but wwhen I  called the number it said my next billing is august 30th. I  need to cancel my plan before then because I  won't have my phone down there and I  cant use it down there on a Canadian plan. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@alissamelvin do not add the US roaming add ons until the date of travel. They start immediately when added. It looks like you were charged an extra $22 + 1.13 applicable taxes for a total of $24.86. I'm not sure if you can get this refunded, since PM is a prepaid service and there are no refunds. Try contacting the moderators and asking them nicely for it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@alissamelvin wrote:

So I'm moving to the USA in a few days and in order to use my maps on my phone and have working service to make calls in case of an emergency, I  added on the $8 for usa roaming unlimited talk, and the $20 for 1gb of data to use my maps. The website is now saying that I  have $50 in available credit on my account and I  was charged on my statement 31.64 (which is the price of the 28 in addons plus tax), and then charged another 24.86! How do I  get this refunded? I'm cancelling my plan at the end of this cycle because I  need to get a plan down there. HELP!!!!

Regarding maps/GPS set up the free google maps offline maps that doesn't require data once the maps are download to your phone or iPad.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alissamelvin , did you do a top up when purchasing your add-ons?  Anyway, Public Mobile is a prepaid service with no refunds.  If you do have funds in the account, it could end up being stranded.  You could consult with the moderator team to see if they can give you a refund on an exception basis, no guarantees.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you post a screen shot of your account masking any personal info ?  Do you have autopay or any other rewards ?

Need Help? Let's chat.