cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to add data plan. Do I have to give my credit card number?

waanaabe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I would like data to use, but can we just pre-pay with cards or must we give a credit card number for what they call auto pay?

Thanks!

Yana

10 REPLIES 10

@waanaabe 

See saying you are on the $33 plan doesn’t narrow it down enough to know what your plan really is. Most would guess you were on a $35 plan wit ha $2 Autopay discount making it $33 and there currently IS a $35/$33 plan that comes wit h2 Gb of data.

My first thought was you probably have data but something is wrong in your phone settings but then you said you WERE able to use the 1Gb data bonus that we were given in August 2019 and another one at Christmas 2019 (though that one you had to go in and claim the gift as opposed to it just landing in your account automatically).

This is all that’s needed from right on your home page of the Self Serve page.

AE_Collector

433B9A2E-EB5A-4DBA-8010-F3C3CA8F3EAE.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@waanaabe 

Fair enough. Although you can do your own redacting.

So maybe you could transcribe what you have in your Plan Details page. Or a copy/paste not showing anything personal.

I use those Vanilla branded prepaid cards (not MyVanilla) to satisfy autopay for the reward. I otherwise pay the amount due so even that card doesn't get hit.

waanaabe

Thanks. I do have a second pre-paid type of visa. But they can tell by the number it's not a "real' visa (in the first 4 numbers)!

Still worth checking some of your ideas out. I once lost my credit because of a 3 years deal gone wrong (they were very inaccurate about billing...) and I want to keep my newly excellent credit this time!

Have a nice Halloween,

Yana

Hi @waanaabe 

You can edit the screenshot to block out any personal info before posting here.

We'll be able to offer better advice this way.

As mentioned, you can use certain type of prepaid cards to pay for your PM renewal. This way you're in control and you pre-load only the amount you want to pay.

waanaabe

and no, it never worked (the data) except for once when I got a "gift' of a GI from them for loyalty or something

waanaabe

it's the 33$ plan... I won't post my account page online? I just wonder why if it's alway pre-paid, the data does not load. Hence, the "maybe they want my credit card number". I HAVE one. I just don't want to give it. Once burned... you know the saying.

Thanks tho

Anonymous
Not applicable

@waanaabe 

So you have an old plan.

Can you post a screen snip of your Plan Details page?

Has your data ever worked for all these years? Does your plan even have a data component?

waanaabe

Thanks for answering,

See, I don't understand. My 33$ plan SHOULD give me data but does not, and there is ALWAYS money in my account. SO this is why I think they want my credit card number to give me the data. I have been on the same plan for YEARS, never had (maybe once) my phone cut so??? 😞   -Yana

Anonymous
Not applicable

@waanaabe wrote:

Hi,

I would like data to use, but can we just pre-pay with cards or must we give a credit card number for what they call auto pay?

Thanks!

Yana

What plan are you on now? If you have the old $10 plan or an old build your own plan where you didn't choose data then you can always buy add-ons. You can also always buy add-ons to use as an overage for when you run out of plan data.

Buying add-ons isn't related to autopay. Autopay is only used at renewal. You can get one of those prepaid "credit" card gift cards and get the $2 reward too. That way you're not using your "real" credit card.

Then you can also do an immediate plan change to a plan with data (or more data). It's always recommended to do plan changes at your next renewal if you like your money as there are no refunds or pro-ration here.

But you'll need to use vouchers or instant top-up to renew your plan or to buy add-ons if you don't want to trigger autopay.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@waanaabe wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Yana

@waanaabe hi no you do not need auto pay you can pay with a voucher or a one time payment with a credit card if you wish you will not receive the bonus data that comes with auto pay though 

Need Help? Let's chat.