cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve got 2c of available funds!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

This is a new one for me! My automatic renewal was a couple of hours ago. I was on the $25 plan and selected the $15 plan for my renewal this month. I had $2 of Available Funds plus $2 Community Reward, $2 Autopay Credit and $11 Friend Referals. So I suspected that my $15 plan was covered and my $2 in Available Funds would remain for the future.

i noticed that at one point during the renewal process it showed that I had $15.02 in Available Funds. I suspect the $2 converted to 2c is a quirk of how I came to have the $2 of Available Funds. It was put there by a Moderator to “fix” the ongoing problem of my $2 Community Reward not showing up yet again. I have a real good feeling that they have fixed this ongoing glitch for me though, I will know when the next Community Cash is shovelled off the back of the Truck! Consequently I am not looking for a fix to my 2c troubles, just having fun thinking of the options:

- Now that I am limited to 100 minutes of outgoing calls on the $15 plan ... if PM launches a 2 minutes for 2c Canadian Calling Add-on ... I am in!

- In the meantime I plan on freely handing it out (my 2c worth) here on the forum!

Terry

84715CEF-598F-4AD1-8F31-55EABD2EAB05.jpeg

18 REPLIES 18

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you really did give your 2 cents worth in your community rewards

@AE_Collector wrote:

Oh crap.... forgot about that. Oh well, will just have to be a bit quieter around here for a day or two.

Terry

Dang you just didn't know how valuable that feature was until it disappeared.  Too late to have it grandfathered in now...

Oh crap.... forgot about that. Oh well, will just have to be a bit quieter around here for a day or two.

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

Update:

I just logged in and the 2c has again turned into $2. $1.98 was added today so it most likely was done manually. I hadn’t done anything about this outside of this topic. The fun is over (for now) 🙂 

Terry

I'm sorry is that your 2 cents worth? Pretty sure that's no longer in your account. You've used it up. Unless you purchase a 2 cent add on  you can no longer use this feature.

Update:

I just logged in and the 2c has again turned into $2. $1.98 was added today so it most likely was done manually. I hadn’t done anything about this outside of this topic. The fun is over (for now) 🙂 

Terry

I too suspect something to do with the decimal point. However, it was $2 going into the renewal and it came out of the renewal as 2c. It would have gone towards my renewal and be gone now except that I renewed down to the $15 plan this time and I had exactly $15 in credits available for the month ($2 Community, $2 Autopay & $11 Friend Referrals) not counting the existing $2 sitting in Available Funds. Of course it could have also been the $2 Autopay OR the $2 Community that were surplus to my renewal needs and turned into 2c. Will report back here after my next renewal!

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yeah I’m going to “let it ride” because if I don’t, I won’t be able to see if it sticks around until next month.. and the month after that.

Terry

I suspect they just typed in 2 in the box and didn't notice that it needed a decimal or to type in 200. Like my bank with online payments, I type in 2. for it to know where the decimal is. Or an ATM where you type in 20000 to get $200.

It should clear up in your next autopay of course and then 1) let us know if your community reward works and 2) if it comes back with another $0.02.

Yeah I’m going to “let it ride” because if I don’t, I won’t be able to see if it sticks around until next month.. and the month after that.

Terry

If you assume minimum wage then your 2¢ will buy roughly 6.3 seconds of employee attention. If you assume higher wage then your 2¢ will buy even less employee time. 

If they allocate more time than this then troubleshooting (attempting to recover) this 2¢ will cost money on labour costs - let alone any money invested in coffee, pizza, timbits, and other troubleshooting/accounting overheads - spending dollars to save pennies. 

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think this is a glitch and you need to speak to a moderator about this

@dabr  @AE_Collector  @totalUser  @will13am  @GR 

I think you've all gotten your two cents worth in...... " Money ain't for nothin' "

@AE_Collector wrote:

Here is the Transaction History applicable to this 30 day renewal. The Sept 15 Community Reward is likely the work of the person who thinks they have fixed the glitch where my Community Reward $ never showed up. Correcting this glitch by moderators was always a $2 credit added to my Available Funds Line. When this person worked on it $2 landed on my actual Community Reward Line for the month AND my Lifetime Rewards Banner/Calculator jumped from $2 to $10 under Community Rewards which is where it should be but never was. The $2 that was sitting in Available Funds had previously been added by a moderator to make up for my previous missing Reward. Thus I think I was technically up by $2 for this month anyway. 

How that $2 turned into 2c in conjunction with last night/this mornings renewal is a mystery but this whole scenario is a bit different than normal anyway.

Terry

683938F4-5A32-4E18-BB21-C0481A833378.jpeg

Perhaps the 2c is interest for the missing rewards:)  

At least your rewards are credited now so that's a step in the right direction.

On another note, just noticed quoting posts with images is working again!

Just contact the moderators they should be able too adjust if

They'll also have chance to figure out what caused it before their get flooded with more complaints. Chances are it will repeat

Here is the Transaction History applicable to this 30 day renewal. The Sept 15 Community Reward is likely the work of the person who thinks they have fixed the glitch where my Community Reward $ never showed up. Correcting this glitch by moderators was always a $2 credit added to my Available Funds Line. When this person worked on it $2 landed on my actual Community Reward Line for the month AND my Lifetime Rewards Banner/Calculator jumped from $2 to $10 under Community Rewards which is where it should be but never was. The $2 that was sitting in Available Funds had previously been added by a moderator to make up for my previous missing Reward. Thus I think I was technically up by $2 for this month anyway. 

How that $2 turned into 2c in conjunction with last night/this mornings renewal is a mystery but this whole scenario is a bit different than normal anyway.

Terry

683938F4-5A32-4E18-BB21-C0481A833378.jpeg

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What does your transaction history show?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is getting like the gong show.  @AE_Collector , what did the renewal text say?  Was the proper numbers noted there or did it mention 2¢ as well.  @Alan_K ,anotger  rewards bug for the team to investigate.

@AE_Collector thats a different bug  lol

Not much you can do with 2 cents

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

The rewards keep rolling in! This topic earned me this new badge! If there is GST on these badges I can apply my 2c Available Funds towards it.

Terry

6D1DD6A6-58EA-4BF5-967D-3AEC59ABF743.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.