cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've Been Paying for Public Mobile for 5 Months, I do not have a public mobile phone?

ben007271
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Mobile,

With the Corona virus situation I've had time to go over my banking and have found that I have been paying for a public mobile account for I believe 5 months. I do not have a public mobile phone, I tried to get a sim card to work but it never was activated (or I thought it hadn't).

If you check my account there has been zero usage on the account.
I'm wondering if I can get a refund for a product I've never used?

Cheers,

Ben

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

WOW...that's a first.

Yeah, THAT is weird..... I'm wondering how you could activate a SIM, and have it on autopay for this length of time, AND think that it was never activated!?!? 😯 

Moreover it amazes me that people in general do not routinely check their bills every month as they recieve them. This is why so many companies employ negative billing....they know o for a fact many consumers do not take the time to review the charges on their bills so they continue to bill with impunity until the irregularity is noticed. There is little the consumer can do to recover the funds as per their cardholder agreement.

One positive aspect of this isolation routine is that people who normally are too busy to keep track of routine expenditures are now able to take time to look at what'$ going out. People now have the time to ask why !! I can imagine that cable tv, internet providers and cell providers are getting lots of inquires about customer bills these days.

Also have time for on-line shopping !!

@CannonFodder 

Probably not that difficult to do though I agree, one should check it out a bit more. How often do we see questions on here about new activations getting a message that the SIM card is invalid. It's invalid because they activated and got some sort of failure message so they tried again and then got the "invalid" message. It us invalid for a new activation because it was activated on the first attempt and is ready to go. New customer just needed to put it in phone and try it.

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

WOW...that's a first.

Yeah, THAT is weird..... I'm wondering how you could activate a SIM, and have it on autopay for this length of time, AND think that it was never activated!?!? 😯 

Moreover it amazes me that people in general do not routinely check their bills every month as they recieve them. This is why so many companies employ negative billing....they know o for a fact many consumers do not take the time to review the charges on their bills so they continue to bill with impunity until the irregularity is noticed. There is little the consumer can do to recover the funds as per their cardholder agreement.

@hairbag1 wrote:

WOW...that's a first.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ben007271 

Since you were not even aware that the sim was activated you should contact moderators about it. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

I'm sure they will try to help.

If you still have that Sim and would like to have service with public mobile you could ask for the credit for all the time. Otherwise if they agree to return money they will issue it back to credit card.

If you are not happy with the outcome you can dispute it with the credit card, I'm not sure it will actually be successful as you agreed to certain terms.

Best luck

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Go into self service and remove your credit card information and stop auto pay so you don't get charged again. Then contact a mod about your situation.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

WOW...that's a first.

Using the ? in lower right side of the page, you can start the process of moderator assistance. They're the only ones who can help you now. Expect wait time of 48 hours or more due to reduced staffing because of virus protection.

PM philosophy is no refunds so don't be disappointed if your request is turned down.

Edit...the ? is gone. Try this..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @ben007271 public mobile is a prepaid service and there are no refunds. Since you don't have an account here the only way to contact them is through this private message link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Good luck 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you activate a sim and setup autopay ?  PM is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund.  You could try submitting a ticket but right now they are short staffed due to COVID-19.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.