cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suspended phone, but it used my monthly payment

setsailsailor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. 

I broke my phone 3 days after making a payment, but I then suspended it until i found a new phone. I reactivated it 2 days ago, which woul dhave made a month today if it was activated the hwole time. But it was supended and still used all my monthly payment. I need to fix this!

6 REPLIES 6

@setsailsailor wrote:

Is there any way I can speak to a representative about this issue? I was not aware and do not find it fair..

The definition of fairness is difficult to define here.  Prepaid services do not offer refunds once service is purchased.  This is well explained in the terms of service that we accept when we purchase the service.  The fact that the carrier is transparent in establishing the terms for customers to review before accepting to purchase the service can be viewed as fair.  What you are complaining about is whether the terms of service is equitable because they seem to favor the carrier.  You wish to suspend the service however the meter can't be stopped.  If it is any consolation, all prepaid services in Canada have the same terms concerning refunds.  If you look to post paid, stopping service is not even possible without some form of cancellation, after which you don't get back the plan that you previously held.  I know the sister brand Koodo allow post paid customers to put their line on seasonal hold.  That still costs $15 per month and I believe you give up the plan during the seasonal hold period and upon restoring service there are no guarantees of getting back the old plan if it is no longer available.  This kind of sucks, but what are you going to do in a monopoly market place where the balance of power is in the hands of the service providers. 

setsailsailor

Thankyou @RobertQc

@setsailsailor wrote:

Is there any way I can speak to a representative about this issue? I was not aware and do not find it fair..

@setsailsailorOf course you can.Click this to send them a message.

Be patient, response time seems to be around 4 days currenty. The more messages you send the more backlog is created due to time the moderator team has to spend searching through the messages. Or it pushes you all the way down the queue the right to the end of the line. They have officially said both so I don't know which way it is. But what both messages do explain is multiple messages will slow down a response. So please be patient.

It has been stated officially here that as of December 21st we have a new method of verifying the account owner where after you message them you will get a link to verify your identity instead of the old method including your personal details right in the message.

However I contacted after this change was in effect did not get said email and was requested to send my personal details so I am really not sure what to say about this but if there is an opportunity to speed up the process then I suggest to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

setsailsailor

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@setsailsailor wrote:

Hi. 

I broke my phone 3 days after making a payment, but I then suspended it until i found a new phone. I reactivated it 2 days ago, which woul dhave made a month today if it was activated the hwole time. But it was supended and still used all my monthly payment. I need to fix this!

@setsailsailorI was told that when your phone is manually suspended (lost / stolen mode) your renewal dates do not change, your service continues to count down like the phone is still active. If your phone is still suspended during a renewal then that payment will not be made but once you re-activate your account at that point your date changes to that day as the new service you purchase is good for a new 30/90 days.

Your comment leads me to confirm what I understand in the first part. But I am not sure about any of this as I have never tried it, nor is this a commonly discussed issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@setsailsailor wrote:

Hi. 

When you do your own suspension (as opposed to lack of payment suspension), it "uses" up your current term. It won't renew though. That's just how it works.

There's some discussion around whether the 90 days starts at the moment of suspension or at the end of the term.

Need Help? Let's chat.