cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I signed up last week and had a $25 credit...its gone

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey all,

I was referred by a friend for public mobile last week, I got into the deal and I got $25 in my account.  It's not there anymore. It was supposed to be applied for the first month's bill but its gone. Can someone help me?

42 REPLIES 42

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@blessme4k wrote:

Thank you guys. Mods responded quickly and is solving the problem now. God bless!

There was no Problem at all. You created the mess by not Reading when you changed plans. Also in case you didn't know you are now with a Prepaid Provider so you pay ahead for any services you use. The Beautiful part is you will never ever have any overages or any pay per use charges 

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@blessme4k wrote:

Yea I am trying to reach out to them.  I'm originally from Rogers and they tell me I can cancel anytime and pay only what I used. I didn't understand this system. It's very upsetting.

I know your NON issue is now Resolved but don't tell people here that Rogers is better by charging you for only what you have used. Like many others have said Every Prepaid Provider in Canada works like this and that includes your beloved Rogers.    I will Repeat it myself as well  Every Prepaid Cell Phone Provider in Canada doesn't Refund any unused Plan Fees or any available Balance 

MistyParent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is prepaid, due to that you would be paying for the new 30 day plan, at the full 30 day cost.  Unless you changed it upon the renawal date. If it would be more expensive with overages etc. I wouldn't suggest doing the immediate option. That being said it does give you 2 options prior to applying the change. Sorry you missed them, maybe they will apply a credit for the difference. You could definitely reach out, it won't hurt any. Hope you get it sorted out! 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

everything is now resolved!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

hamaida

@blessme4kWhen you changed your plan they gave you 2 option first change now and scound one change on next renewal date.. You choosed Immediate change, because of that the took the $25 for the new plan, you supposed to choose change on next renewal date.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@kselmak, yes, they could provide additional warnings/explanations.  However, there will always be customers that ignore the messages in the name of getting things done as quickly as possible. 

@Pizzaeh my thoughts too, even throwing in REALLY? after pressing ok will not stop some fast fingers

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kselmak, yes, they could provide additional warnings/explanations.  However, there will always be customers that ignore the messages in the name of getting things done as quickly as possible. 

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@blessme4k wrote:

Who can help me? I'm a new customer with public and had no idea about this. Can I get my credit back? Even if i switched, they ate the whole $25 credit which is not right.

You could try sending them a message, I thought there would besome warnings before the fiinal change is made. Maybe they will give you some credit. I'm really sorry that this happened to you

Ps: I don't really wanna sound like my dad but it's always a good thing to read closely before clicking OK especially when they have your credit card

@kselmak , there is a warning message and explanation on what's about to occur.  After reading the message, the user has to click OK, to complete the plan change.  

@Pizzaeh that's what I thought, I remember once playing with it and I could swear I was asked, but I don't remember all of it. Maybe they could append it  with YOU WILL LOSE WHAT YOU PAID AND NOT GET THE CREDIT BACK

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

SORRY about that @Lieux -_- ++ thanks for flagging!!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

PRIVATE MESSAGE @Mary_M Smiley Wink

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @blessme4k,

I've sent you a PM with a resolution 🙂 

I hope this helps!

Mary

@Pizzaeh, if it's the image I am thinking of, I've seen it.  I've never attempted a plan change with enough funds to be accepted without topping up first.  I'm not willing to take a chance that there isn't a warning when I already have enough funds.

blessme4k

Thanks so much. It's a bit tough on newbies and I had no clue.

Pizzaeh

@stonechucker about a week ago, someone posted an image of the improved warning message for immediate plan changes, to avoid this kind of situation.  If I can find that image I'll re-post it here - whether it is displayed if the account has enough funds or not, I'm not sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blessme4k wrote:

Thank you guys. Mods responded quickly and is solving the problem now. God bless!

There was no real problem. The system did exactly as it was told. Maybe they're providing you with some goodwill. So that's nice.

@blessme4k wrote:

Happy for you!

blessme4k

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@blessme4k wrote:

Who can help me? I'm a new customer with public and had no idea about this. Can I get my credit back? Even if i switched, they ate the whole $25 credit which is not right.

You could try sending them a message, I thought there would besome warnings before the fiinal change is made. Maybe they will give you some credit. I'm really sorry that this happened to you

Ps: I don't really wanna sound like my dad but it's always a good thing to read closely before clicking OK especially when they have your credit card

@kselmak , there is a warning message and explanation on what's about to occur.  After reading the message, the user has to click OK, to complete the plan change.  

@Pizzaeh, I'm now wondering if there is a warning when you have enough funds in your account (ie Available Funds) to cover the cost of the new plan, and it justs goes through without asking you to top up.

Every time I go to change plans and test the change plan immediate button, I never have enough funds to pay without topping up, so I see the warning.  I'm not going to test it, with enough funds, because I can not be sure the warning message will display, without going through the possible immediate change occurring without a message.

Can anyone one prove this is a warning screen does show prior to an immediate plan change with enough available funds, after pressing the immediate plan change button, and before the actual plan change?

@blessme4k wrote:

Yea I am trying to reach out to them.  I'm originally from Rogers and they tell me I can cancel anytime and pay only what I used. I didn't understand this system. It's very upsetting.

That's apparently the difference before prepaid and postpaid, I think by law they have to give you money back, I'm not versed in consumer protection or law, this is just what I read on community pages like this one. And that may be the reason when you sign up with Rogers they ask for your sin employer letter make you feel like you're getting a mortgage.

PS: I was with Rogers for the longest time and switched to mobilicity in 2010. When I left they hit me with over $400 bill where I was charged for some equipment that I never had I didn't have contact as I was using Motorola t720 that I got from them in 2004 and the contract was long gone. I saw some charges that were 13/minute. I still may have that bill. I called and yelled. It took couple of days to sort it out and I got the money I overpaid.

It's interesting that I never had such experience with smaller budget providers but bell and rogers keeps charging your credit card months after you moved out though you call then 60 day before, the same day that landlord got notice .I even had the reference numbers for conversations, it still took weeks and with bell months. So I really do prefer prepaid. Leaving mobilicity and Koodo was easy and mobilicity contacted me to see why I left and if there is something they could do to improve the service in the future. Koodo sent me the check in a heartbeat. 711 was great too.

Well I know this is a really bumpy start for you, I hope it gets better from here

Pizzaeh

@kselmak wrote:

@blessme4k wrote:

blessme4k

@blessme4k wrote:

Pizzaeh

Hi @blessme4k, what you're seeing is correct.

When you first signed up for the $15 plan, you paid $15 for 30 days of service.  Since you changed the plan after two days, you forfeited 28 days of service under the $15 plan.  No refunds, no pro-rating of fees.  When you changed plans, you began a new 30 day cycle.

Since you activated online with a referral and turned on autopay, your account was credited with $25, plus $2 autopay reward - the autopay reward converts to available funds before your next renewal date.

The $25 referral credit was used to pay for the $25 plan.  On your next renewal date, you will pay $23 for the $25 plan because of the $2 autopay reward that will be available.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@blessme4k wrote:

But how did it eat all my $25 credit. That's what doesn't make sense.  So I was on the $15 plan, it should have ate the $15 if anything and leave $10 remaining credit.  That credit doesn't exist towards my next bill.

PM plan is prepaid plan.  Prepaid plan in Canada does not refund unused portion of your current plan if you renew early.  When you changed plan on March 29, you are forfeiting remaining 28 days of your $15 plan.  If PM is a postpaid provider, your $15 plan will be prorated.  Unfortunately, this is how prepaid service works in Canada including PM plans.

@blessme4k wrote:

but how come all the $25 were gone? I was on a $15 dollar plan

I'm really sorry to say this but you don't pay the difference, when you get the new plan you discard your old one and since it's prepaid it will not be prorated and refunded. 

If there is a plan that you like more and if you are afraid it will be gone before your renewal date they do give you the option to schedule the change during the renewal, that way you secure it.

Also if you want some extra data you can add it instead of switching, at first glance it doesn't look so attractive at 30/gig but it does have some benefits, you don't have to change your cycle (I have no clue what the rewards look like when you move your cycle but that could be messy too) you don't have to drop your plan (which doesn't look that bad for you at the moment cause you can just schedule the return on your next new renewal day, but some plans are not offered anymore and people want to hang on them still) and the best of all is that you get to keep anything you didn't use this month, it just rolls over.

Also if you come here to community and make a search about account change or ask question before making change you will probably get lots of good advice even at odd hours and during holidays

Hope you get it sorted out

blessme4k

But how did it eat all my $25 credit. That's what doesn't make sense.  So I was on the $15 plan, it should have ate the $15 if anything and leave $10 remaining credit.  That credit doesn't exist towards my next bill.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@blessme4k wrote:

But it shows I owe $23 for April 29.  Something doesn't make sense.

You changed to a new plan on March 29, your next renewal date should be April 28. Please check your overview page.  Youe payment deadline is April 27 and renewal on April 28.  PM is a prepaid service, you have to pay for the service before getting the service.

@blessme4k wrote:

April 29th is when your current plan is due for renewal. If you have a credit card on autorenew...it'll just happen. If no credit card on file, you'll have to manually add funds before that date.

blessme4k

@blessme4k wrote:

This is what my transaction sheet looks like.

Yes... you changed your plan the 29th of march that's why the 25$ is gone...

Need Help? Let's chat.