cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I signed up for Auto-Pay today...

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I don't think this is anything to worry about, but I thought I'd bring it up anyhow.

I just signed up for auto-play today, and today is also when my payment says it's due, tomorrow being the actual renewal date.

But I got this text from PM, so I'm not overly concerned more so curious if I need to worry.File_001.png

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VY2HF wrote:

I went in, manually paid, and all is fine.

@VY2HF

Did you use the credit card (or Visa Debit) on file or did you use a voucher or different credit card (or different Visa Debit)?

@Barryere wrote:

@VY2HF wrote:

Sure enough, just as expected, although I AM SIGNED UP FOR AUTO PAY and my credit card is valid, my phone was without service this morning. I went in, manually paid, and all is fine. I'm happy to get the auto pay discount, I guess, but when auto pay is not working (2nd time in a row) I'm not sure how this helps the company.

There is something wrong in the PM payment system/Web site, and I'll just work around it I guess.

I forget where I read it exactly, but an admin/mod/volunteer (one of those 3 things) told me that auto pay will usually take money out of your account automatically but rather than depending on it solely to do so, as it can fail sometimes (in your case) deposit your owing money for the upcoming month manually, the auto pay feature is meant more as a failsafe if you forget to manually pay.

No sure where you read that but you should be able to rely on autopay. I am gathering that your autopay, unlike @VY2HF worked, the timeline for autopay and account renewal can be a little strange.

@VY2HF wrote:

Sure enough, just as expected, although I AM SIGNED UP FOR AUTO PAY and my credit card is valid, my phone was without service this morning. I went in, manually paid, and all is fine. I'm happy to get the auto pay discount, I guess, but when auto pay is not working (2nd time in a row) I'm not sure how this helps the company.

There is something wrong in the PM payment system/Web site, and I'll just work around it I guess.

I am glad that you were able to manually pay and make your account active again. The only reason for autopay to draw funds from your CC is that your account already has enough funds to cover your renewal. Otherwise it should draw enough to cover the balance of your renewal. I recommend contacting the MODs to get this corrected. You should be able to rely on autopay, I do!

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Barryere

@VY2HF wrote:

I forget where I read it exactly, but an admin/mod/volunteer (one of those 3 things) told me that auto pay will usually take money out of your account automatically but rather than depending on it solely to do so, as it can fail sometimes (in your case) deposit your owing money for the upcoming month manually, the auto pay feature is meant more as a failsafe if you forget to manually pay.

VY2HF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Barryere

I was up around 12 am and my account said it was suspended but my phone was still working. Site also said if I'm on autopay to disregard the message that I need to pay.

Usually with the public mobile system, sometimes you will get some message warning about your account within your renewal days, as long as the service works, its good.  

Just monitor your account and service.  

Barryere

Thanks for the info.

I got paid today and I noticed that the pay cheque is ever-so-slightly less than usual and since I enabled autopay, I'm thinking and kinda hoping that's either because PM did like a pre-authorization type thing to my bank or my bank is messing up.

May be the bank because I actually can't get into my bank through the mobile app, there is just a infinit loop for the loading screen, but I can see my information through my browser on my computer.

I'll check tomorrow and see what's changed or hasn't.

Doing anything on payment due date, or early morning on actual renewal date is problematic.  I always advise doing nothing these two days, unless you have service suspension.

If your phone is working - do absolutely nothing on these two days.

VY2HF

Thanks, I thought of that and checked both my payment history on the Public Mobile site, and also my online banking, and there is no sign of a payment having moved. Now when I look at my plan to try to estimate how much to pay, I get the "Oh No" message:

OhNo Message.JPG

But when I log out and log back in, I still get the "Oh No" message.

So I'll just wait until tomorrow, and expect a dead phone but a more functioning Web site. Thanks.

@VY2HF wrote:

I'm on auto pay also and got the text message today. The strange thing is that when I log in to my account it says the amount due is ZERO. A few days ago it said something like $116 (135 minus discounts), but that number has now vanished. I'd like to prepay, but I'm no longer sure how much to push. I know this is going to fail tomorrow....I just feel it. My CC info is all correct and up-to-date. Screen grab attached below (account number obscured).PublicMobile.JPG

Check your CC statement, it may have already taken the payment out and that is why it is zero!

VY2HF

I'm on auto pay also and got the text message today. The strange thing is that when I log in to my account it says the amount due is ZERO. A few days ago it said something like $116 (135 minus discounts), but that number has now vanished. I'd like to prepay, but I'm no longer sure how much to push. I know this is going to fail tomorrow....I just feel it. My CC info is all correct and up-to-date. Screen grab attached below (account number obscured).PublicMobile.JPG

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

As @RobertQc mentioned check that autopay is active in your self serve account and if you are still uncertain do a manual top up for your renewal amount, then it will not need to charge your cc until next renewal and you will still get the autopay reward.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Barryere

Agree. Nothing to worry about.  PM text message is just a reminder.

I have autopay enabled and I still got the text message.  It will take money out of your card after midnight.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

The part of the system that sends you that notice probably was not updated in time since its only hours between you settings up autopay and getting that notice.

The notice I usually get is similar except it also says ""If you're on autopay or have already paid please ignore this message"

Go into self serve and confirm auto pay is set up, if its set up there you should be good to go. However either way think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.