cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need more time

Weezi6624
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need more time tiling can pay for my monthly payment for the month of may forward as I'm just short on money at the moment

8 REPLIES 8

@Angelface 

Out for some spring phishing?

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Quigley... that's so very kind of you to offer the OP that, good for you.  🙂

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Weezi6624  send me a message and I'll help cover your cost.

@Weezi6624 

If downgrading to the $15 plan is not an option for financial reasons or your plan is grandfathered then consider downloading textnow for free texting and fongo for free calling while on wifi (fongo also works on mobile data FYI for future use) to tide you over til you can pay and reactivate your plan. If you have not hit your renewal yet you can suspend your service on the 30th day via lost/stolen. This will retain your voicemail access and keep it active. You could change your greeting asking callers to leave you a message or callback number. Then when you can access wifi you can check your messages and return calls.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Weezi6624    What plan are you on...if you're not on the $15 plan then perhaps you could opt to change plans to a cheaper one for this cycle in order to keep your phone services going?

Just a reminder that if you are on discontinued plan and have been grandfathered into your plan, then any changes in plans will mean you will not be able to go back to your old plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Weezi6624 : Prepaid providers generally don't have extensions. You pay in advance then times up. I have found that the actual services might keep working until maybe mid-morning after the end of a paid term.

You can tie yourself over using a voip app on wifi like TextNow that also does talk.

Your account can be re-started up to 90 days after it ends to keep it alive...just not working.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Weezi6624... we're users helping users, and if you're a bit short, there's not much that can be done being a pre-paid service.

Some ideas...

• You can suspend your account proactively if needed (otherwise the system will suspend it automatically for insufficient funds)
  • You can buy prepaid vouchers elsewhere and add them to your account... if you're short on money, may be hard, but just an option
  • You can open a ticket with the Moderator (through the SIMon chatbot, lower-right corner chat bubble) but don't get your hopes up - this is a prepaid service and unlikely anything they can do

Can a friend/family member spot you a few $ for you to renew your plan this cycle?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Weezi6624    Your account will suspend if you don't make a payment and you then have 90 days from that time to make a make a payment before your number and account would be deactivated and lost. 

Need Help? Let's chat.