cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just received new credit card

bokiboy7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service has been canseled please can somebody call me  I woyld like to renew my service my phone number is DELETED.

Edited by stonechucker to remove personal info.

45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bokiboy7 wrote:

Look now:

Moderator_Team
yesterday
  Thank you kindly for authenticating!   It looks like the address that you used to set up the credit card is not the same that we have on the account. Can you try to use your previous address instead, when setting up autopay?   If you feel comfortable enough, I will be happy to try this for you. I will just need the credit card number, the expiry date and your old address.   Kind regards, Andreea 🙂

So that's ambiguous. Does she mean the profile account address or just a prior address entered for a cc (which gets overwritten when changed anyway)? It still makes no sense. It would seem to me that the address entered is being authenticated against what the bank has. Otherwise just ask "use my same profile address". But it doesn't.

If it means the profile address then that's the first I've heard of that approach. You could change the profile address to your current address I suppose and see. But I doubt it.

And it IS a Canadian or American issued card with a Canadian or American billing address?

Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Visa Debit?

Edit: So you got it working. Great. What do you suppose made the difference?

Now you need to also actually turn on the autopay.

bokiboy7

Thank you kindly for authenticating!   It looks like the address that you used to set up the credit card is not the same that we have on the account. Can you try to use your previous address instead, when setting up autopay?   If you feel comfortable enough, I will be happy to try this for you. I will just need the credit card number, the expiry date and your old address.   Kind regards, Andreea 🙂

bokiboy7
Moderator_Team
yesterday

bokiboy7

Thank you...I just registered my new card and I hope auto pay will work

Thank you for your help

bokiboy7

Look now:

Moderator_Team
yesterday

bokiboy7

Man I did what you said...still nothing...

Now I will copy message of moderator...and you will see...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bokiboy7 wrote:

Moderator told me problem is in my old address ..on the new card I have new address...I need to set up with old address and everthing will be like before.

I did it with old address but still nothing.....FAILED........ALWAYS.

I said can somebody be so nice and lets go on Skype and share screen,like that person can see that I do everything correct but still FAILED....

I can not belive it.............but thats the real problem and I hope one day I will fix it.

Thank you

I'm astonished a moderator would say to use an old invalid address.

PMpayment.JPG

I'm not certain that the name needs to match but I had a problem elsewhere and the person at the card issuer discovered that there was an extra space in a part of my name on the card.

But certainly the address must match. If you live in a unit # then type it like it looks on the billing address with matching punctuation, caps, etc.

Trying many times may produce a lock out though unfortunately.

@bokiboy7If it is a address or anything related with payment with credit cards unfortunately there is nothing even the moderators can do. Public Mobile's payment system is notoriously picky and it is opaque. It rejects cards even if everything matches up perfectly. There are instances where even the moderators just parrot back the instructions of matching address, no apartment # in street address to no avail. It seems as Public Mobile being the lowest tier of the Telus empire, there is no override etc when it comes to $$.

I can only recommend use the path of least resistance and use another credit or payment card and just move on.

bokiboy7

Moderator told me problem is in my old address ..on the new card I have new address...I need to set up with old address and everthing will be like before.

I did it with old address but still nothing.....FAILED........ALWAYS.

I said can somebody be so nice and lets go on Skype and share screen,like that person can see that I do everything correct but still FAILED....

I can not belive it.............but thats the real problem and I hope one day I will fix it.

Thank you

@bokiboy7What did the moderators tell you to do (this and that?)

bokiboy7

But now , still big problem.

I can not do nothing thru self service,I can not help my self.

The Moderator write to me do this and do that...I did what they said but still nothing...same problem .

Please if someone know how and what to do ,I appriciate any help.

Thank you,

I just want to have prepaid like before automaticly .

Thank you people

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bokiboy7 wrote:

I did it...and now I am trying to fix problem ..

Thank you for helping me out.

Glad you followed Everyones Advice to have your service up and running 

bokiboy7

I did it...and now I am trying to fix problem ..

Thank you for helping me out.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@bokiboy7, please just go to the store and buy a voucher.  Fix the problem later.  Your service seems to be what you need more right now than an updated payment card.

Priorities buddy.  Fix what you can, and get assistance afterwards.

@Anonymous wrote:

@bokiboy7 wrote:

I just want someone fix the problem

Nobody from Publicmobile can not help

Moderator????? 48 hours????

No comments!!!

21 century!!!!

Wow. Step away for a few hours and this complete whine fest happens.

Dude. Sh1t happens. If you can't be bothered to operate a hands-on self-serve service then maybe you should use another provider. Yes there is plenty of disfunction around here. But you've been offered other solutions that are from this century to get you going again.

Help. Yourself.

Apart from the whine fest and notwithstanding your username, you're likely a grown up who has to live with imperfections in this life. Deal.

Either that or you're an entitled rich kid who gets everything handed to them in a perfect unsullied state. Jeez.

Between you and me, I sense huge frustration and as a result you are taking it out on the customers to a level that's far beyond reasonable.  This can only lead to an unwanted outcome.  It might serve you well to take a nice long timeout from the action, enjoy the great outdoors and come back refreshed when the raining season rolls in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bokiboy7 wrote:

No comments!!!

21 century!!!!

Wow. Step away for a few hours and this complete whine fest happens.

Dude. Stuff happens. If you can't be bothered to operate a hands-on self-serve service then maybe you should use another provider. Yes there is plenty of disfunction around here. But you've been offered other solutions that are from this century to get you going again.

Help. Yourself.

Apart from the whine fest and notwithstanding your username, you're likely a grown up who has to live with imperfections in this life. Deal.

Either that or you're an entitled rich kid who gets everything handed to them in a perfect unsullied state. Jeez.

Edited by stonechucker to edit a naughty work to some more acceptable.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@bokiboy7 If you're willing to do a little reading,
follow this advice to get your phone service restored today/asap.

Purchasing Vouchers

We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at select locations. To find the location nearest you click here. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt.

To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

@bokiboy7 wrote:

No comments!!!

21 century!!!!

They save money, you save money, That's the business model.

There's no need to keep spamming. We get it.
If you're not happy, you're welcome to take your business elsewhere.

bokiboy7

No comments!!!

21 century!!!!

@bokiboy7 wrote:

I did everything correctly

I am just very very disappointed

I do not have phone for today...that's clear and NOBODY CAN HELP ME

21 century?????

I just want renewal my payment method

If you cannot change it yourself online, then you will have to wait for Moderator assistance. This is the basis of PM business model for now.

Meanwhile we should not be stuck without phone service. As others have suggested, you can buy vouchers to get tyour service up and running asap.

You can buy them at particpating shops or online at recharge.com (surcharge applies).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bokiboy7 wrote:

21 century?????

@bokiboy7 the trick is that you have to replicate exactly what's on your credit card statement, down to spacing, punctuation, capitalization, etc.  

Also as noted, if you have a unit/apparent number, try entering that as part of the address.  So if you live at unit 123 at 555 Fake St, enter in "123-555 Fake St" and leave the apparentment number blank.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Only the Moderators have access to the account system.

As I mentioned before you can go to your nearest convenience store to purchase a voucher to prepay for your plan and get your phone working while waiting for the moderators to get back to you. Other than that you just have to be patient and wait.

bokiboy7

21 century?????

@bokiboy7 wrote:

I log in,remove old card and put new card....failed, I put another card...again failed.... Very very frustrated

And on the top of that team will help in 48 hours.....

The address you enter has to match exactly with the one you have with the bank except for any apartment/suite number. Do not enter the apartment number on PM website. Always leave it blank, it's a known on-going issue.

Be careful when entering your new credit card info. If you try too many times, you will get locked out.

Then your only choice will be to use vouchers to reactivate and wait for Moderator response to help with your credit card.

bokiboy7

I did it...everything like you said but failed... That's not nice

bokiboy7

I log in,remove old card and put new card....failed, I put another card...again failed.... Very very frustrated

And on the top of that team will help in 48 hours.....

bokiboy7

Without phone 48 hours????

This must be joke....

I want prepaid lime before.

I just received new credit card

That is not nice

I am costumer of Public mobile from first year and I do not deserve this kind of service

bokiboy7

I want prepaid like before is that so hard to do it

@bokiboy7Expect to hear from them in up to 48 hours.. could be more.

@bokiboy7The only way without a valid card via 611 is to pay by vouchers.

Need Help? Let's chat.