cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't been able to use any of the month of service I paid for. Can I get a month of service now?

bmatthews
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got my phone unlocked today. Previously I had paid for a month of service but was unable to use any of it. It would be great if I could just get a month of service at no additional charge now. Is that possible?

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bmatthews  - As I mentioned, you could ask the moderator team.  You never know...  Note that they are currently swamped - with all of the promos going on.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

@Anonymous 

The hours as of March 11th have been increased to 8am-midnight (eastern) Monday to Friday, and from 8am to 10pm (Eastern) on Saturday and Sunday.

@computergeek541  - Was there an announcement?  I can't find one.  Also, someone should update the KB article.  Still shows old hours.

Thanks for the heads up!

You're right.  One of the articles is out-of-date.

The new hours were are listed in the udpated Get Help pages, but the old Knowledge base entry has not been updated.

Here's a link to the updated infromation:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/moderator-hours-of-operation

New hours were phased in without an official annoucement, and so far, it has been a quietly implemented service improvement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bmatthews  - As I mentioned, you could ask the moderator team.  You never know...  Note that they are currently swamped - with all of the promos going on.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)

@Anonymous 

The hours as of March 11th have been increased to 8am-midnight (eastern) Monday to Friday, and from 8am to 10pm (Eastern) on Saturday and Sunday.

@computergeek541  - Was there an announcement?  I can't find one.  Also, someone should update the KB article.  Still shows old hours.

Thanks for the heads up!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

bmatthews

Thanks will look into it 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

bmatthews

Thank you very much for your helpful reply 🙂

"You paid for a service that was made avaialable to you, but did not take advantage of it."
I TRIED to. I was led to believe my phone was sold unlocked.

"Why did you sign up if your phone was not compatible."
The phone IS compatible.

"is there some other extenuating situation?"

When I first received my PM SIM, I tried several ways to enter the code is as I was supposed to. I didnt understand until doing some research that the phone was actually still locked. Entering the wrong code several times makes it impossible to unlock the normal way.
Dealing withthe old carrier and people who don't understand what code I needed takes longer than a couple days.
I used none of the service I paid for, whether it was available or not.
Various companies I've worked for or have conducted business with would call it good business to agree to my request. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bmatthews  - Since Public mobile is a prepaid service, there is no reason for you to get a free month.  You paid for a service that was made avaialable to you, but did not take advantage of it.  Why did you sign up if your phone was not compatible.  That said, it should only take a day or two to get a Canadian phone unlocked.

is there some other extenuating situation?

You can ask the moderator team, but I highly doubt they would do anything for you, since this was solely your own doing, and not a simple mistake detected after a couple of days.

😞

Need Help? Let's chat.