cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have charged twice

rameshyv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to recharge.  , its failed first time at payment and second time its successfully go thru the payment, but my credit card charged twice. 

10 REPLIES 10

@rameshyv wrote:

I tried to recharge.  , its failed first time at payment and second time its successfully go thru the payment, but my credit card charged twice. 

As for the suggestino to check your online credit card statement for both a pending charge and and a final posted charge that refer to the same transaction, it's also possible to have two charges from Public Mobile in one billing statement if one is near the start of your credit card biling cycle and the other is near the end of your billing cycle.  Public Mobile's current plans are 30 days long.  In addition, credit card statement dates and cycles can also vary slightly and are not always exactly one month long.

@Helpershelper wrote:

@rameshyv 

I can understand your frustration with this. If your credit card is valid and not expiring in a month and you have not moved, you will be fine. PM is a prepaid service, and you will not be charged twice as you must give permission before you are charged. Now you can add more money to your account, but PM will never charge you twice.

Its very possible to get charged twice. There what's supposed to happen and what does happen. Errors/mistakes (both by Public and the customer) do happen. In this case, it looks like @rameshyv did actually make two payment attempts. Unfortunately, the website saying that payment failed but then charging the customer anyway is a well known Public Mobile issue, although it doesn't happen too often.

@rameshyv wrote:

I am not in auto pay, it says it failed so recharged again.. not sure will they recharge same pack next cycle , there is no easy support get this resolve.

@rameshyv If you are not set up on auto pay, Public Mobile will not charge or recharge anything. It is up to you to go into your account either through 611 on your phone or your self serve account, and make a payment of enough funds to cover the cost of your next 30 days. If you have money in your "available funds", this will be used to fund your next 30 day period.

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 11.24.01 AM.png

If there are no available funds or insufficient available funds, your service will be suspended until such time as you go into your account, make a payment, and select restore/resume service.

rameshyv

I am not in auto pay, it says it failed so recharged again.. not sure will they recharge same pack next cycle , there is no easy support get this resolve.

@rameshyv 

It doesn’t matter that you are on Autopay. If the funds are sitting in your account from you adding $$ twice, that surplus will be used to do your next renewal before anything goes on your credit card.

AE_Collector

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rameshyv 

I can understand your frustration with this. If your credit card is valid and not expiring in a month and you have not moved, you will be fine. PM is a prepaid service, and you will not be charged twice as you must give permission before you are charged. Now you can add more money to your account, but PM will never charge you twice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rameshyv wrote:

Sometimes transactions will appear on your payment card but they're in a pending status. Those will get dropped after a while.

ladybc2

Thank you for the suggestion but as I am on auto pay I don’t think it will help but I will see if they answer me

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rameshyv ,

If you are showing the double payment in your available funds, I would suggest leaving it there for you next renewal date.

Requesting a refund may be possible but it may take a few weeks to have it approved anyway,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account.  If you have a balance then you could keep it and use it towards your next payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.