cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been overcharged twice and no one is resolving my issue

bkerr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning,

I have been working with the Ritson Road Distributor in Oshawa regarding the overcharge to my credit card on April 20, 2021.  My husband and I went to the Oshawa store to move from Koodo to Public Mobile and Ethan the salesperson was having issues moving my phone number over and it was at this time and three tries that the system charged my credit card three times at $39.55 each time.  I have called the store multiple times, left voicemails and  finally my husband stopped in but left without any resolution.  Finally I called the store yesterday and informed Lake the Manager than no one was calling me back.  Lake called customer service and they advised I should use this platform.   I have an account with Public, .  Please contact me through this medium or at  regarding how I will be credited for this overcharge of ****.  Thank you.  

43 REPLIES 43

@Anonymous 

Might? I guarantee you there is $2 sitting in the community reward section. If not the first and second bottle of wine is on me...😃🥂

@Anonymous 

I tried to exit this thread but someone left the @barndoor wide open so I think I'm going to let all the bulls... out. Like you I was a loyal longtime telus customer but was sick of paying way too much for the services I used. Unlike you I was a self confessed technophobe and flat out refused to join the 21st century technology age. In fact I had probably spent all of 10 hours online or in front of a computer screen in my entire life.

It was the passing of my partner in 2016 who used to handle all things computer that forced my hand and I gained an extra 9 hours of technology experience that led to my discovery of public mobile in some web article I read. But it was pretty clear to me when I first switched what was my late partners phone/service from freedom to pm that lower cost came with a price....online support only and DIY account management.

How is it if one has spent 2 years on a competitors BB that one is unaware of pm's business model? Then again I searched for answers on just about all of the competitor's "community's" and frankly they suck! But pm makes no bones about it...its on their advertising, the sim card packaging, the website and the community (neither of which I hadn't even been on until two weeks into my tenure as a customer)and I referred the bf and created our self serve accounts and I joined the community with a gigantic learning curve ahead of me just to prove to the bf that a call centre was unnecessary.

For one to spend two weeks on the community and determine that public mobile is never going to change or improve is very short sighted. Public mobile has continued to strive towards updating its website, the recently updated activation portal, the soon to come newly improved self serve accounts, the removal and return of number porting within your account with an industry wide standard procedure to prevent porting fraud. The removal of the sim card change in our accounts to prevent sim jacking until adequate security measures can be implemented.

A hiring drive to increase moderator staffing that has dropped average wait times from 48 hours to an average of 2 hours and often an hour or less. Simple simon improvements to prioritize support ticket urgency. Countless little glitches fixed from the 24 textless hours when returning from roaming in the US to some work in progress YMMV texts warning of autopay failures and upcoming credit card expiry.

Different types of promotions with extended flash sales thru email sign ups in response to covid-19, promocodes, more of more the merrier free gifts, plan improvements ( lol...mostly!) Remember folks the doubting naysayers to the improvement of the $35/1.5gb plan? Now with double the data at 3 gb! Public mobile halved the price of the 1gb data add on from $30 to $15 and the 200mb from $10 to $5. A much expanded choice of international calling add ons that almost universally lowered the price to mere pennies per minute.

The community itself has changed after feedback "contest" threads( kinda miss those where you could earn free 1gb add on just for giving your opinion). One on one phone call interviews between community members and pm managers and virtual google meet community feedback sessions that lead to more user friendly boards, easier to understand community rules, etiquette and tutorials to help new members get the most out of the community and cut down on repetitive questions about the community. And we're promised there are more exciting changes to come....Public mobile actually does listen to its community and tries to implement good suggestions sometimes suprisingly fast when feasible.

All this has happened ( and more I'm sure I haven't mentioned all of the changes) in the last 20 months since I moved my two accounts to public mobile and joined the community to get help, give help and share ideas. It's a heck of a lot slower around here nowadays I used to be able to stay up all night helping out now I'm lucky if we get hit by a spam attack in the middle of the night. We may have started out here to earn rewards but we stay here because we're addicted to helping others, saving money on our phone bills, both complaining and complimenting public mobile in the same breath and passionate about keeping affordable and accessible mobile plans and service for everyone!

One last thing before shut this @barndoor you may not want the $10 bonus referral credit nor give a $1 reward to an opportunistic member but since you can't seem to muddle your way by simple simon to submit a support ticket ( nor can I be bothered to be frustrated to no end) at some point you will need moderator assistance. I supplied you with a very effective and detailed post about how to send a private message to the moderators for a service request.

You may have left food for thought but I have left a feast for the eyes in the lounge. Enjoy!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/What-s-for-dinner-tonight/td-p/610324

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : All I knew was Telus. Being from the west, I already had brand loyalty. What I didn't have was inexpensive cell service. Now I do.

I looked at all the plans and looked at my average usage and decided on a plan. I had no real understanding of how the add-ons worked. I had no fore-knowledge of promos and frequency. I just came here and signed up.

I rarely ever really need any help from the provider. Sure calling someone is nice. But it's so infrequent that now after being here it doesn't matter.

Traffic has lowered a lot since I got here 35 months ago. It ebbs and flows a little but generally well down. This tells me that the company is fixing weaknesses. So what you say, has been happening.

So it becomes a tighter competition for the fewer new questions. But really...if we're all here for the pittance of a reward then we're not worth much. I truly believe people like to help others. Yes, the reward is a little nicety, but the time required to get a meaningful reward is crazy if that's what you're here for.

And an irony will be that you just might get a reward for April. 20 posts and 39 Bravos. Pretty good for just a couple days. Might.

As for the member that sent you a referral code...if you didn't ask for it openly or ask someone directly in private message then that person broke the terms of the place. You should report them.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS wrote:

This is a great discussion - keep it coming.   It's great to see how it's rubbing some people in the right (or wrong) way  [i will not mention any users by name here...]   🤣

What I'm suggesting is that when someone is shopping around for a wireless service provider, it really is incumbent on them to understand the service provider they are dealing with BEFORE jumping in.   Would you not agree?

Thanks for the invite  but after thinking about this for a bit  I think I will decline further discussion  . I spent two years on a competitors bulletin board a few years back   watching the same things happen that i've seen going on here for the last few days  . You guys can line up with your suggestions to help those that show up here  but chances are not much will change   on the website or in the marketing that will make things function better so that less customers show up here . I guess you get to keep your plan prices down  by helping  others so that is good . 

I would like to point out again though ... you keep bringing up how people should know what they are getting into for a service provider  ... and as I pointed out on the other thread about "wanting to speak to a human" , how is a customer to know ? Two  of you posted marketing  ads for pm claiming they educated people as to what they were getting into .  Well there is a big difference between  online support( which when  the ad compared it  to telephone support would lead one to believe it is account support)  as the ads claimed and  bulletin board support (which many people are not familiar with) which there was no mention of  in the ads that you used as examples . Its great that  you guys get rewards for the time you spend here but i just don't  believe that PM  couldn't make changes to websites and policies  that would reduce the traffic here to next to nil  IF they wanted to .

On that note  ...like I said this just brings back memories of a lot of wasted time on a competitors BB so I think I 'll just go and use my phone  for the little bit I do and leave you guys  carry on your good work for PM . 

I would like to mention to the person that offered me their referral code on the day of my activation  and said if I opened a ticket and told the mod  I had forgotten to put it in they would likely do that and get me $10 off . I'm sorry , but I couldn't figure out how to open a ticket  so you won't be getting the $1 a month off your plan . 

Maybe if crap like that was nipped in the bud  along with some other improvements  maybe they could provide some true personal online support  with no adjustment needed to plan prices . 

Food for thought ? Cheers 

bkerr

I agree.

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So it took 2 weeks for the issuing of a reombursement. I did get answered before that!  But between the person helping me then me answering then her answering back, then the weekend etc 2 weeks. Once that happened 10 days later my mother saw it on her visa 🙂  done.   

On a credit card, you usually  have time before paying 😉 

@Nikita wrote:

I had this problem on an account we paid 3 month advance.  It got charged 2 times at 110$. It took about 2 weeks to get solved. They credited the money in account. I explained we don't want credit as 110 dollars 2 times is 220 and we have bills to pay.  So they reimbursed us.  It took a while but it was there.  I love public mobile. And i been with public since before the buy out. I have been so satisfied in everything.  But i do know it's an online self serve. 

@Nikita 

That is a great 1st hand experience to share!!!    Out of curiosity, did it take a total of 2 weeks from the initial request for the refund, or much longer?   There's been prior suggestion it can take in excess of 30 days, and I've always wondered if that's really the customer experience.

Hopefully the OP realizes it's not all bad - and most of the time there is a resolution which will be provided to make things right again.

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had this problem on an account we paid 3 month advance.  It got charged 2 times at 110$. It took about 2 weeks to get solved. They credited the money in account. I explained we don't want credit as 110 dollars 2 times is 220 and we have bills to pay.  So they reimbursed us.  It took a while but it was there.  I love public mobile. And i been with public since before the buy out. I have been so satisfied in everything.  But i do know it's an online self serve. 

I've said it before, @darlicious , I'll say it again, even here on the public forum!!!

Your passion drives you - and that has great value in a lot of circumstances (whether other users realize it or not, or recognize you directly for it or not).   You know full well that our delivery can rub some people the wrong way - just try not to let your passion affect your continued efforts at focusing on the OP's issue and not some other stragglers who chime in with unhelpful or critical comments (present company excluded, of course...)   

Did i feel 'slighted' by the earlier comment - not really.   I just felt that perhaps barndoor may not have realized that the title doesn't really mean anything more than some of us have invested more time and effort than others.

In reality, it's quite understandable that newer users have no idea the differences between those with New in Town titles vs Mayors, or Oracles, or Moderators, or PM Staff.

Well I'm going to make like @LurganIeUk and EXIT this thread!

@bkerr 

The moderators will have you sorted out shortly. Welcome to public mobile!

@softech  is this really the case?   (seriously asking, i've not had the misfortune of ever having an in-store activation go awry...)   

@HALIMACS 

From what I understand.. yes.. in fact.. many Rogers/Bell/Telus stores are like this, too.  The only different is that with those other "Brands", they call the backoffice to sort out the mess for the store  and backoffice will action it immediately and hence the refund got done (still.. there is 2 to 4 days to go back to credit card)

With PM.. personal experience with my relative activation.  They did have a number to call but it was still opening a ticket with Mod and it did say it takes couple days to sort this out.  An in my relative situation, the ticket didn't open properly or so, my relative end up still need to open a ticket himself here.. 

Yes, PM could have a better system to deal with situation like this.. but they don't.  In fact, if they want to fix the system.. fix the activation process.   You know how many time activation got timeout and people not aware if the account was indeed activated or people got charged multiple times in this situation.

barndoor

@softech 

I think of a kiosk as being unmanned  ... that I can see no refund ... but a retailer  ..I think there should be some responsibility there .  ... but if they can't they can't I guess  . 

@HALIMACS  ..I gotta go  ..further thoughts later  ... I can't believe how much time this gobbles up ....😖

@HALIMACS wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

@bkerr  

Its a sad display  on PM 's part ...I'm sorry you have to go through this  but it is illuminating for the rest of us as to what level of expectations to have  here . 

Instead of handing out advice maybe the mayors here should be contacting the moderators for the OP and getting things to happen ...

Like @HALIMACS  only with a bigger stick . 

Why could the store not return the money ???

Leaving personal info posted for well over an hour ??

Edited to add ...two hours now ? surely a safeguard  could be developed for this issue . 

@barndoor 

Nice thought, @barndoor, re your comment, "Instead of handing out advice maybe the mayors here should be contacting the moderators for the OP and getting things to happen ...

This is precisely why I tagged Andu_S in my earlier reply as he was showing to be online at the time.

Mayors (just like everyone else on this forum without a "PM" or "MOD" designation) are just customers like you - we have no direct influence on Public Mobile staff nor can we amend posts which contain questionable or personal content.   Oracles do have that capability, however, none were online to make the amendment.

We are limited to replying to the OP (original poster) to advise them to amend their post, or tagging an Oracle or Moderator to request same.

Thanks for your consideration.  😉

@HALIMACS 

To tell the truth I thought you felt slighted with your post. I initially replied to @barndoor  to explain how it works late at night which is very different from during the day since he's new and all. I tagged you to just keep you aprised of the "actions" being taken and what to do in future if you want to be proactive.... and to "kill" two birds with one stone so I didn't have to send private messages and post and reply to the moderator involved all at the same time.

But I will admit that in my defending/explaining the moderators and their duties that by the third page the fact that @barndoor has chosen not to acknowledge me directly but reply to you only does have me feeling slighted but not for my efforts but for being basically ignored.....in what should have been a 3 way conversation.

But it's no real skin off this duck's back...quack! quack!🦆🦆🦆😁

they could do a better job in calling PM to open a ticket for the users at least....  

(but i am pretty sure commission does not include that.. LoL)

@softech wrote:

@barndoor   Retailer or Kiosk can't put it back.  They money is with PM and PM has to do it themselves and this has to be done with a ticket to Mod

Many kiosks are in fact just licensed store.  They didn't collect you the money, they help PM to collect the money instead.  

@softech  is this really the case?   (seriously asking, i've not had the misfortune of ever having an in-store activation go awry...)   

Do they really not have the capability to, if not refund, then at least manage the refund process directly with the wireless service provider at the time of activation?

If not, that's crazy, and PM should really offer that level of contact with retailers doing their bidding.

@barndoor wrote:

@bkerr 

It just seems  strange that if the retailer took the money off your cc that they could not put it back . 

Please let us know how it turns out .

I fully agree with you there, @barndoor 

The retailer should be required to do the legwork to credit back the consumer at the point of purchase - they SHOULD NOT be deferring the customer back to Public Mobile to go through hoops to do this themselves.

Keep in mind, though, that their commission is based on a quick activation, not taking the extra time to remedy any further actions.   I'm sure it's very much YMMV with them...

@HALIMACS totally agree people should understand what they are signing up for instead of just understanding the price.. LoL

Many people see PM saying that their service is all online, 24/7, they thought it meant there is a live person waiting to talk to them 24/7.. instead .. just "US" staying online 24/7 to keep answering the posts.. 😂🤣

@barndoor   Retailer or Kiosk can't put it back.  They money is with PM and PM has to do it themselves and this has to be done with a ticket to Mod

Many kiosks are in fact just licensed store.  They didn't collect you the money, they help PM to collect the money instead.  

@barndoor wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

The site is not monitored 24/7, however it very nearly is.   New users should really know what they're getting into when accessing an online-only platform of service.

Do you mean that new users should be better warned of what they are getting into  or are you saying  that they need to educate themselves better before posting ? 

I agree that they should be better warned of what they are getting into ...  but I think the later is a cop out on the part of PM because many customers likely only come here if they have a problem  and with the adrenalin flowing due to dealing with an issue  are not going to take the time to read how to's on bulletin board use and etiquette without proper warning. 

Oops, I guess I have broken a BB  etiquette rule and  taken this thread on a tangent . 😀

Hi @barndoor 

This is a great discussion - keep it coming.   It's great to see how it's rubbing some people in the right (or wrong) way  [i will not mention any users by name here...]   🤣

What I'm suggesting is that when someone is shopping around for a wireless service provider, it really is incumbent on them to understand the service provider they are dealing with BEFORE jumping in.   Would you not agree?

I do agree with your assertion that the community posts should be better monitored, however this is a 3rd tier provider and Public Mobile really doesn't make any qualms about it being such.   

Their tagline is Less, for Less - that really says it all, eh?

HALIMACS_0-1620479983349.png

Good discussion.

barndoor

@bkerr 

It just seems  strange that if the retailer took the money off your cc that they could not put it back . 

Please let us know how it turns out .

@bkerr 

If you do not have a credit on your account that would indicate that the salesperson created multiple acccounts ( 2 "ghost" accounts) that are obscured because the same email address was used. The moderator will have some work cut out for them locating them. Once resolved it is easier to just take the account credit if the extra charges won't cause any undue hardship. You won't have to worry about your next couple of renewals with the credit on your account.

Did you have a promocode when you activated? Maybe ask them to add the BONUS2GB (2gb of add on data)to your account or the PMBONUS1GB ( 1gb of extra plan data for as long as you don't change/keep your plan) for koodo giving you such lousy follow up customer service.

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor @HALIMACS 

Andu just responded to both my report and my private message and told me he edited the post. FYI tagging a moderator in a thread rarely will get their attention especially late at night when they are busy handling requests from customers that they can perform without having to chat with them first.In a case like this with such sensitive info posted the best response by one of us is to report the post. I had the added advantage of already having an open conversation from earlier so I could double down.

@barndoor 

Funny how you put your attention on @HALIMACS ......if you want my timeline......

1. OP posts.
  2. About 18 minutes later I see the post and quickly ask the OP to edit.
  3. I checked to see if they were still online. ( They were.)
  4. I checked if any oracles were online. There were none.
  5. I proceded to type out my long post and saw that @HALIMACS  had responded.
  6. I replied to @HALIMACS .
  7. I then reported the post.
  8. Then I sent a private message to Andu in the same conversation/pm/ticket.

It took about 100 minutes from the time I reported the post and sent the pm to Andu for him to edit. That's pretty good for a task that's not one of their main duties and that's usually something we rely on the oracles for....maybe they need a "night owl" on the team?  @Jb456 had that as an asset... along with many other gifts in being able to help customers with unusual issues.

@darlicious 

Are we now resorting to making public comparisons to other users about who did what first?

What does it matter whether @barndoor made a 'slight' toward 'Mayors'?   Who cares?   I wouldn't perceive that as a slight against anyone in particular.  

I doubt anyone (who's been around) questions your 'behind the scenes' efforts which appear extravagant and extensive at times, however kindly leave the direct comparisons out of the public forums, okay?   Perhaps Private Message anyone who you feel has misjudged or misrepresented your efforts.

Thanks!!! 

bkerr

Should be edited now.

bkerr

The sales folks at the distributor have always been very respectful but there seems to be a blind spot on responsiveness.

@bkerr 

The majority of the moderators are just starting work now. @Andu_S kindly edited your post after  I managed to get his attention. They may be keeping an eye out for your ticket as they have already been made aware of your issue. Keep an eye on your private message box for their message to you.

bkerr

Thank you.  I have contacted the Moderator and submitted a ticket.  

At this point I do not have a credit on my account.

@bkerr wrote:

Thank you and I have submitted a ticket and now waiting to speak to someone.

Hi @bkerr 

Glad to hear.

Don't concern yourself about the banter on this thread about who did what, or when, first.  That's irrelevant.

The goal of all of it was to get your personal information edited (either by you or someone with 'edit' access) AND help resolve your concern.

bkerr

Thank you and I have submitted a ticket and now waiting to speak to someone.

bkerr

It looks like someone was cleared my personal information.  Thank you.

barndoor

@HALIMACS wrote:

The site is not monitored 24/7, however it very nearly is.   New users should really know what they're getting into when accessing an online-only platform of service.

Do you mean that new users should be better warned of what they are getting into  or are you saying  that they need to educate themselves better before posting ? 

I agree that they should be better warned of what they are getting into ...  but I think the later is a cop out on the part of PM because many customers likely only come here if they have a problem  and with the adrenalin flowing due to dealing with an issue  are not going to take the time to read how to's on bulletin board use and etiquette without proper warning. 

Oops, I guess I have broken a BB  etiquette rule and  taken this thread on a tangent . 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.