cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have International call and text but am currently away with no ability to call or text

lolo1108
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Im in the states and I cant call or text it says my plan does not permit it. I dont understand what is happening right now. I had an addon from last week that expired for data; I added another add on this week for data, now I cant call or text. please fix this immediately   My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
$72 per 30 Days
13 REPLIES 13

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lolo1108 wrote:

ok that makes sense I guess but that is total garbage. I need North American calling. 

Public Mobile is a third tier provider and if you travel to the US often and need service it probably isn't the provider for you.

I have to agree, if you need the same number when you travel to the U.S. PM is not the service that will work best for you.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As a general rule, always remember that all plans that Public Mobile offers include services available to you while you are connected to the Public Mobile network inside Canada.  

For the US, there are a range of roaming add-ons that one can choose from. 

I prefer a local sim card with more data and the Fongo app to forward my incoming calls to while I am away.  Works out best for me this way.  You should assess your need and plan accordingly for the next time.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lolo1108 wrote:
Im in the states and I cant call or text it says my plan does not permit it. I dont understand what is happening right now. I had an addon from last week that expired for data; I added another add on this week for data, now I cant call or text. please fix this immediately   My Plan

• - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
$72 per 30 Days

@lolo1108 I have highlighted the word to above in bold italics.  It's right there in the info on what the plan includes.

For more on US Roaming, please see this page:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lolo1108 wrote:

ok that makes sense I guess but that is total garbage. I need North American calling. 

As an alternative, you could buy a US travel sim. (For example roammobilty.com). Some plans include talk+text+data across the US, as well as unlimited long distance to Canada. At 5 bucks a day its a bit pricey, but if you need it, you need it. And if you're traveling on business you can probably expense it. 

Or too could use your data to make VOIP calls, although that could get old pretty fast. 

@lolo1108 wrote:

@lolo1108Then buy the correct U.S. roaming calling add-on, they are good for 10 days each.

If you need a permanent plan that includes it, thats not service public mobile has and you will have to shop around for a new carrier.

Most carriers no longer have a "use your services from US/Canada" seemless plan. But they almost all offer some sort of expensive, short term roaming packge.

Citifone will give you 500 mins / Text / 1GB for $80 a month.

@lolo1108 wrote:

Public Mobile is a third tier provider and if you travel to the US often and need service it probably isn't the provider for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@lheintzman wrote:

II believe that "unlimited talk Canada / US" still means the call has to originate in Canada. Most likely you'll have to buy a US roaming add-on. Perhaps somebody else can clarify 

@lheintzmanYes the customer needs to purchase a U.S calling / texting package.

If they bought only U.S roaming data, they will only have data while in U.S.A

@lolo1108 wrote:

I have international calling and texting.. I did buy a data roaming add on yes. Data is fine

You do not have international calling you have calling to the US but those calls must originate in Canada you need a US roaming add-on to call or text while in the States

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lolo1108

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

II believe that "unlimited talk Canada / US" still means the call has to originate in Canada. Most likely you'll have to buy a US roaming add-on. Perhaps somebody else can clarify 

lolo1108

I have international calling and texting.. I did buy a data roaming add on yes. Data is fine

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lolo1108 wrote:

• - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
$72 per 30 Days

@lolo1108did you purchase aUS.  roaming add on??

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@lolo1108 wrote:

• - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
$72 per 30 Days

@lolo1108You need a "roaming" add-on while you are in U.S.A

What U.S. Roaming Add-on do you have?

Unlimited Internation Text means, while you are in Canada, you can text TO International

Unlimited talk TO Canada and the US means while you are in Canada you can call Canada and U.S.A

While you are in U.S.A services will only work with a U.S. Roaming Add-on which must be purchased seperatly and expire 10 days after purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.