cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have International call and text but am currently away with no ability to call or text

Im in the states and I cant call or text it says my plan does not permit it. I dont understand what is happening right now. I had an addon from last week that expired for data; I added another add on this week for data, now I cant call or text. please fix this immediately   My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
$72 per 30 Days
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I have International call and text but am currently away with no ability to call or text

@lolo1108 wrote:
Im in the states and I cant call or text it says my plan does not permit it. I dont understand what is happening right now. I had an addon from last week that expired for data; I added another add on this week for data, now I cant call or text. please fix this immediately   My Plan

• - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
$72 per 30 Days

@lolo1108You need a "roaming" add-on while you are in U.S.A

What U.S. Roaming Add-on do you have?

Unlimited Internation Text means, while you are in Canada, you can text TO International

Unlimited talk TO Canada and the US means while you are in Canada you can call Canada and U.S.A

While you are in U.S.A services will only work with a U.S. Roaming Add-on which must be purchased seperatly and expire 10 days after purchase.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: I have International call and text but am currently away with no ability to call or text

@lolo1108 wrote:

• - 5GB at 4G LTE Speed
$72 per 30 Days

@lolo1108did you purchase aUS.  roaming add on??

I have international calling and texting.. I did buy a data roaming add on yes. Data is fine

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

II believe that "unlimited talk Canada / US" still means the call has to originate in Canada. Most likely you'll have to buy a US roaming add-on. Perhaps somebody else can clarify 

ok that makes sense I guess but that is total garbage. I need North American calling. 

Oracle

@lolo1108 wrote:

I have international calling and texting.. I did buy a data roaming add on yes. Data is fine

You do not have international calling you have calling to the US but those calls must originate in Canada you need a US roaming add-on to call or text while in the States

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman wrote:

II believe that "unlimited talk Canada / US" still means the call has to originate in Canada. Most likely you'll have to buy a US roaming add-on. Perhaps somebody else can clarify 

@lheintzmanYes the customer needs to purchase a U.S calling / texting package.

If they bought only U.S roaming data, they will only have data while in U.S.A

Oracle

@lolo1108 wrote:

ok that makes sense I guess but that is total garbage. I need North American calling. 

Public Mobile is a third tier provider and if you travel to the US often and need service it probably isn't the provider for you.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

@lolo1108 wrote:

@lolo1108Then buy the correct U.S. roaming calling add-on, they are good for 10 days each.

If you need a permanent plan that includes it, thats not service public mobile has and you will have to shop around for a new carrier.

Most carriers no longer have a "use your services from US/Canada" seemless plan. But they almost all offer some sort of expensive, short term roaming packge.

Citifone will give you 500 mins / Text / 1GB for $80 a month.