cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

@PubMobSux12I don't know which website you used to check the IMEI but the one on Public Mobile is a service that has been farmed out. It is not Telus / Public Mobile's database.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on


@GinYVR wrote:

@PubMobSux12There is always a lag between when non payment to blacklist. Usually the provider errs on the longer side, since they hope it is not a loss for them Especially there is no way to get the phone off the listS once the phone is on them.


devicecheck.ca is not run by Telus or any carrier.  It is independent. It takes time for the databases to be linked. Telus has their own database but it's not the same.  Payment issues aren't supposed to be reported to devicecheck.ca.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

when buying the phone I used this telus site Telus - Check your phone compatibility on our network: http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/phones-and-devices/devicecompatibility.shtml when my phones said "Unregistered SIM" I used DeviceCheck.ca: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ as well as Telus Check your phone compatibility on our network site both sites said that my IMEI was blacklisted there should be some god **bleep** law that if a phone has not been reported lost and or stolen within 2 months of not any service on the IMEI then it should NOT be blacklisted... this is just pure BS... who the F are the feds thinking they are trying to protect with the blacklist??? I followed all the ways on how to buy online and I still got scammed... the Blacklist is not really protecting anyone but the scammers.
Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

@PubMobSux12The only recourse now is to talk to your local law enforcement. They are the only ones that can access footage / ip etc. Hopefully they can catch the guy if they are quick enough and recover some $ for you.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

when buying I asked for the retail box. 

 

they guy came with the retail box. the box sticker matches the IMEI that is hard printed on the back of the phone as well as when pressing *#06#.  what is the likelihood of Fido/Rogers (its a Fido phone as per the preinstalled apps says and if its not a fido phone how can I tell what carrier reading sticker on the box ?) do you think they would unblacklist it if I showed the retail box?   that's sad the guy blacklisted it. I have 4 kids he even seen them when we met up at the McDonald's in Fredericton, NB we even offered to buy him a coffee or tea he declined the drink and we sat down and that's when I checked the IMEI as on telus's site as well as checked to make sure the IMEI on the sticker of the box matched the one on hard printed on the back of the phone as well as when pressing *#06#.

Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

@PubMobSux12I highly doubt Rogers / Fido will do anything. For them to do what you are asking, don't be surprised if they ask you to pay what the guy who sold you the phone owes them.

 

This forum can't help you, hence I highly recommend you contact your local law enforcement  as soon as possible.

Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on


@PubMobSux12 wrote:

when buying I asked for the retail box. 

 

they guy came with the retail box. the box sticker matches the IMEI that is hard printed on the back of the phone as well as when pressing *#06#.  what is the likelihood of Fido/Rogers (its a Fido phone as per the preinstalled apps says and if its not a fido phone how can I tell what carrier reading sticker on the box ?) do you think they would unblacklist it if I showed the retail box?   


Retail box doesn't mean much. Stickers can be printed with barcodes and IMEI. Even if all original, it only means phone wasn't stolen from someone using it. It could still get stolen at home or at store with the box.

Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on


@GinYVR wrote:

@PubMobSux12The only recourse now is to talk to your local law enforcement. They are the only ones that can access footage / ip etc. Hopefully they can catch the guy if they are quick enough and recover some $ for you.


If a criminal act, law enforcement can arrest someone, but it's not their place to get someome to pay you back. Only courts can order that and probably small claims court.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on


@GinYVR wrote:

@PubMobSux12I highly doubt Rogers / Fido will do anything. For them to do what you are asking, don't be surprised if they ask you to pay what the guy who sold you the phone owes them.

 

This forum can't help you, hence I highly recommend you contact your local law enforcement  as soon as possible.


@PubMobSux12  It is always recommended when buying anything off Craigslist

, kijiji, scalpers tickets, etc that you either take picture of the seller and their government issued ID  or make the exchange or sale in front of your local police station to be on high resolution cctc. Most criminals will not use either of these methods to sell their "merchandise." Unfortunately we have all learned lessons the hard way.

Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on


@darlicious wrote:

 

@PubMobSux12  It is always recommended when buying anything off Craigslist

, kijiji, scalpers tickets, etc that you either take picture of the seller and their government issued ID  or make the exchange or sale in front of your local police station to be on high resolution cctc. Most criminals will not use either of these methods to sell their "merchandise." Unfortunately we have all learned lessons the hard way.


I'd meet someone at police station safe buy/sell place but if I'm selling and buyer wants to take picture and take picture of license, I'd walk out and leave.  If i'm selling you a pair of shoes, I'm not going to agree. Most selling probably won't and it has nothing to do with them scamming. It won't be worth the hassle.