cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

@darlicious wrote:

This almost sounds like a partial port. Is that possible if this was the first time the OP has used the caĺling feature?

@darlicious no, it doesn't.  Porting has nothing to do with outbound calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

the issue was fixed. but now as of 3-4 days ago, my phone says that my sim card is "Unregistered SIM"

so I found out my phone was blacklisted I assume it was due to when I took the advice to report my phone lost/stolen to fix the issue I had a little over a month or 2 ago. 

Thanks, people for telling me to report my phone and then unreport it. it got my phone blacklisted. I know its blacklisted because I checked it on devicecheck.ca and it says it's blacklisted... 

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

so I found out my phone was blacklisted I assume it was due to when I took the advice to report my phone lost/stolen to fix the issue I had a little over a month or 2 ago. 

Thanks, people for telling me to report my phone and then unreport it. it got my phone blacklisted. I know its blacklisted because I checked it on devicecheck.ca and it says it's blacklisted... 

Your assumption is incorrect. Using the self-serve functions to report your phone Lost / Stolen doesn't blacklist your phone.

Perhaps previous cell phone owner had something to do with the blacklisting of your phone.

I don't see how they would since I have the box for it and the chat log. also met at McDonald's so there is a video of him handing me the phone (if they keep videos for longer then 5 months).

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

You had the moderators do that right? Lost/stolen only disables the sim card. Devicecheck.ca also has a delay before getting updated so if you looked 2 months ago right after asking for blacklist, it might have still said it's a good IMEI.

to fix issue I had about 2 months ago I was told to briefly go login to my account and report phone lost/stolen wait 5 min then report that I found it so I did that. 

the phone I got from a seller who I met at McDonald's in Fredericton, NB he handed me the phone with the retail box. the *#06# IMEI matches the imei on the box as well as whats hard hard printed on the back of the phone. 

why would someone report it lost and or stolen if they also gave the box?  

Mayor / Maire

@PubMobSux12

This is a very common scam. A lot of the times the seller gets the phone for $0 from a provider (often with a fake / stolen ID), sells it at any price and lapse on the payment to the provider. That will get the phone blacklisted. Alternatively, they can claim the phone as lost (insurance scam via the credit card's insurance company usually for phones that are a year + older). It doesn't matter with video evidence because the video is very unlikely to show the serial number or IMEI #. There will be doubt what was in side the box even if the video capture the transaction.

Consider this an expensive lesson.

it does if Telus/Public tracks their IMEI check site. as I used that site to check the IMEI at the McDonalds

Mayor / Maire

@PubMobSux12There is always a lag between when non payment to blacklist. Usually the provider errs on the longer side, since they hope it is not a loss for them Especially there is no way to get the phone off the listS once the phone is on them.