cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

Right  now it's connected to LTE and switches  to LTE+ sometimes 

Mayor / Maire

Re: I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

Can you make other choices in there? Like WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/3G?

I have

Screenshot_20190924-210630_Phone.jpg

Mayor / Maire

@PubMobSux12 

That makes no sense. It says 4G in your top bar but you have HSPA only selected which is 3G which would be great for voice.

Could you try the top choice there with all three?

Also flip in and out of airplane mode.

Turn off volte if on. Turn off wifi calling if on.

Where do I find the menus for VOLTE and wifi calling?

but still if that is turned on (I don't know if it is or not) but would it not allow me to call *611/+16477888261 if that was the issue

Mayor / Maire

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

but still if that is turned on (I don't know if it is or not) but would it not allow me to call *611/+16477888261 if that was the issue

@geopublic has some code to type in the dialer to check into network modes. Maybe he can provide that for you. I don't have it handy without searching a bunch of posts.

Did you try the three option choice there and flip in and out of airplane mode?

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

@geopublic has some code to type in the dialer to check into network modes. Maybe he can provide that for you. I don't have it handy without searching a bunch of posts.

Did you try the three option choice there and flip in and out of airplane mode?

@PubMobSux12  Dial  *#*#4636#*#* 

Select Phone Information.

@z10user4 wrote:

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

Can you make other choices in there? Like WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/3G?

I don't see this is as being a network type/network selection issue of any kind.  If the network settings were set incorrectly and in  a way that voice calls were disabled (ie. 3g/hspa/umts network turned off), @PubMobSux12 wouldn't even be hearing the message about needing a long distance add-on. 

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

When calling my number with Fongo it just rings and rings I hung up after the 16th ring. But it does not ring on my phone nor does it come through to my phone. Not even a message saying I'm unavailable nor does the Voice mail pick up. Again odd because I can use text and also Data 

I know this won't solve the problem of phone calls not working with your Public Mobile service, but since you're using an Android device, I would try calling your dad using the Hangout Dialers app.  It's free and you can call both Canada and U.S. numbers.  This only requires a working internet connection.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This almost sounds like a partial port. Is that possible if this was the first time the OP has used the caĺling feature?