cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on

PubMobSux12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have $50 Unlimited Canada/USA Calling cant call USA it says I don't have a long dist add on.

its been like this for over a week now.. 

there should be at least 1 person online for every hour of the day that fixes issues 

TELUS FIX MY ISSUE ASAP.. my father is dying and I cant reach him.. 

68 REPLIES 68

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

When calling my number with Fongo it just rings and rings I hung up after the 16th ring. But it does not ring on my phone nor does it come through to my phone. Not even a message saying I'm unavailable nor does the Voice mail pick up. Again odd because I can use text and also Data 

I know this won't solve the problem of phone calls not working with your Public Mobile service, but since you're using an Android device, I would try calling your dad using the Hangout Dialers app.  It's free and you can call both Canada and U.S. numbers.  This only requires a working internet connection.

@Anonymous wrote:

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

Right  now it's connected to LTE and switches  to LTE+ sometimes 

Can you make other choices in there? Like WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/3G?

I don't see this is as being a network type/network selection issue of any kind.  If the network settings were set incorrectly and in  a way that voice calls were disabled (ie. 3g/hspa/umts network turned off), @PubMobSux12 wouldn't even be hearing the message about needing a long distance add-on. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

Where do I find the menus for VOLTE and wifi calling?

but still if that is turned on (I don't know if it is or not) but would it not allow me to call *611/+16477888261 if that was the issue

@geopublic has some code to type in the dialer to check into network modes. Maybe he can provide that for you. I don't have it handy without searching a bunch of posts.

Did you try the three option choice there and flip in and out of airplane mode?

@PubMobSux12  Dial  *#*#4636#*#* 

Select Phone Information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

but still if that is turned on (I don't know if it is or not) but would it not allow me to call *611/+16477888261 if that was the issue

@geopublic has some code to type in the dialer to check into network modes. Maybe he can provide that for you. I don't have it handy without searching a bunch of posts.

Did you try the three option choice there and flip in and out of airplane mode?

PubMobSux12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PubMobSux12 

That makes no sense. It says 4G in your top bar but you have HSPA only selected which is 3G which would be great for voice.

Could you try the top choice there with all three?

Also flip in and out of airplane mode.

Turn off volte if on. Turn off wifi calling if on.

PubMobSux12

I have

Screenshot_20190924-210630_Phone.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

Can you make other choices in there? Like WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/3G?

PubMobSux12

PubMobSux12

S8

Don't matter if it's been used before or not as calling *611 works. when I tried the report lost and stolen and tried calling *611 it would not work. Then reported it found and called *611  *611 worked again (mind you it called +16477888261 when I dialed *611) data works, text works only calling numbers other then *611/+16477888261 works

But to answer your question I have not used it other then data. Only got it because of my dad dying. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

When calling my number with Fongo it just rings and rings I hung up after the 16th ring. But it does not ring on my phone nor does it come through to my phone. Not even a message saying I'm unavailable nor does the Voice mail pick up. Again odd because I can use text and also Data 

It does seem odd that the call didn't go to voicemail. What networks frequencies are you connecting to? LTE/4G, WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/3G, GSM/2G?

What brand / model phone ? Have you used this phone successfully in the past ?

PubMobSux12

PubMobSux12

Whats also odd is I also sent myself a text message and it went through and I got it. 

PubMobSux12

Yes I have. It's kinda odd because I'm right now using my data to type this. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

Yes I'm still in Canada. 

@PubMobSux12 okay, gotcha.  Have you logged a support ticket yet?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@PubMobSux12 wrote:
I would also like to point out that when I go into phones settings - About phone - Phone mumber: my number says "Unknown" My Plan This plan includes: - - 8.5GB at 3G Speed - Unlimited International Text - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US $50 per 30 Days Account Balance and Plan Renewal Date Available Funds: $0.00 Next plan renewal date: Oct 9, 2019 Estimated amount due: $50.00 My Data & Add-Ons Data & Add-Ons Amount Used 8.5GB at 3G Speed 133.823 / 8704 MB

I understand your name now...and I can't disagree. You're going to have to get support from moderators as something has happened to corrupt your account / plan. Click the ? in lower right side to start that process. It could take several hours to hear back but please be patient just a little bit longer. I do get that it's super frustrating...especially in your circumstance.

Good luck and keep us posted.

PubMobSux12

Yes I'm still in Canada.  Phone says "Public Mobile" on the top of my phone in my lock screen. also I call *611 everything works when calling *611 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PubMobSux12 sorry to hear about your father.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but just have to rule it out:  are you still in Canada, or have you travelled to the USA?  Some people misundertsand and think the talk feature you have includes roaming, but it does not.  I just wanted to rule that out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PubMobSux12
I would also like to point out that when I go into phones settings - About phone - Phone mumber: my number says "Unknown" My Plan This plan includes: - - 8.5GB at 3G Speed - Unlimited International Text - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US $50 per 30 Days Account Balance and Plan Renewal Date Available Funds: $0.00 Next plan renewal date: Oct 9, 2019 Estimated amount due: $50.00 My Data & Add-Ons Data & Add-Ons Amount Used 8.5GB at 3G Speed 133.823 / 8704 MB

When you log into My Account...is your account Active or something else ? Check Plan Details to see what plan you have. Let us know.

PubMobSux12

did not work 

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

cant call out to any number Odd never needed to so never tried. even local numbers it says sorry you dont have an active long dist addon"

Try this...log into My Account / Plans and Add on / Lost -Stolen. Click on Suspend, the log out for a moment. Log back in and repeat but this time Resume. Log out and cycle phone off/on again. Does this do anything to help ?

PubMobSux12

report lost/stolen did not work as well 

PubMobSux12

cant call out to any number Odd never needed to so never tried. even local numbers it says sorry you dont have an active long dist addon"

@PubMobSux12 wrote:

I have done both. I even took sim card out and even Fact reset phone

It's a long shot but....turn phone off and take out sim, wait for a moment then reinstall. If you have dual sim slots, try it in second slot. Restart phone.

Let us know if this helps.

BTW...does everything else work as it should..tetxting, data and local calling ?

PubMobSux12

I know about fongo but I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO USE FONGO.. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR FONGO WHEN I PAID PUBLIC.. 

• @PubMobSux12 wrote:

I have Unlimited Canada/USA Calling so YES I would have Min left because I have Unlimited Min

Oops sorry already edited post.

PubMobSux12

I have Unlimited Canada/USA Calling so YES I would have Min left because I have Unlimited Min

1. Just wanted to add...once the message finishes what happens? Does it hang up or does it ring? This message comes up a lot but if you wait for it to finish it then connects your call. Alternatively do you have any minutes left? Log into your account and check. If your calling feature is not there you have used them up. You will need to buy the $5/500 min add on. The min roll over til used up...very good value.
  2. Oops edit: misread not on 50/50 plan ignore second suggestion.
Need Help? Let's chat.