cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had $50 balance for a $40 plan, I got a message it renews and today it isn't working

TorontoGal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need this fixed immiediately. I was charged and my service isnt working. 

Messages I received yesterday regarding my $40/planMessages I received yesterday regarding my $40/plan

40 REPLIES 40

choco
Put a reminder in a calendar to look at your overview page on Apr 27. Then look at it again on the 28th later in the evening and you should see the Plan Expired notice sometime between 7pm and midnight ET of the 28th.

Other than one time where my credit card was switched and had to replace my card info, I did not have any issues with previously with autopay. (Even at that time, once the credit card info is updated, the payment gone through and the plan got active right away.)   This is the first time where IMO there was a system issue with the renewal, particularly when a number of people appeared to have reported the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@choco wrote:

Whatever you like. Waiting for the moderators seems to take a while.

It seems that the payment corrected itself this morning (I didn't do that lost phone thing). However, I would still like the @CS_Agent to investigate this further to ensure this wouldn't occur to any other customers.

This is now 90 days from today. It looks like more spurious information on renewal night. It actually looks like the end of term was in fact yesterday and then to renew overnight which it did. Renewal night is messy. Don't do anything to the account leading up to and through to the next morning.

Put a reminder in a calendar to look at your overview page on Apr 27. Then look at it again on the 28th later in the evening and you should see the Plan Expired notice sometime between 7pm and midnight ET of the 28th.

choco

Whatever you like. Waiting for the moderators seems to take a while.

It seems that the payment corrected itself this morning (I didn't do that lost phone thing). However, I would still like the @CS_Agent to investigate this further to ensure this wouldn't occur to any other customers.

PubMob_3 - Copy.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@choco wrote:

However...

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Since I've PM'ed @CS_Agent, I'll let them handle it as I need to head to bed. I don't want to mess around with the Lost Phone feature and made it even worst.

Whatever you like. Waiting for the moderators seems to take a while. The lost/stolen feature won't hurt anything and is much faster to possibly get going again and has been known to work in many of these kinds of circumstances.

choco

However...

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Since I've PM'ed @CS_Agent, I'll let them handle it as I need to head to bed. I don't want to mess around with the Lost Phone feature and made it even worst.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@choco wrote:

I have the same problem with renewal today.  Autopay for some reason didn't go through (it went through last October without problems).  I found that I couldn't text or call, so I logged into My Account and found that Autopay didn't go through.  I manually filled the amount, but the plan wouldn't renew.  I even did *two* extra payments of a few dollars for top up, yet still wouldn't renew - each time the system successfully took payment from my credit card, but no renewal of plan.  (Subsequently when I select "Amount Due" as payment type, it showed the message "Your account has already enough balance" and stuck there.)

I sent @CS_Agent a PM; hopefully this will be sorted out quickly, as my phone service is currently down.

Here's another one of these. I think this is bad. The date up there is when your current term ends. That's tomorrow. It shouldn't be suspended and it shouldn't say Plan Expired.

However...

See what happens.

choco

I have the same problem with renewal today.  Autopay for some reason didn't go through (it went through last October without problems).  I found that I couldn't text or call, so I logged into My Account and found that Autopay didn't go through.  I manually filled the amount, but the plan wouldn't renew.  I even did *two* extra payments of a few dollars for top up, yet still wouldn't renew - each time the system successfully took payment from my credit card, but no renewal of plan.  (Subsequently when I select "Amount Due" as payment type, it showed the message "Your account has already enough balance" and stuck there.)

I sent @CS_Agent a PM; hopefully this will be sorted out quickly, as my phone service is currently down.

PubMob_1 - Copy.PNG

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That’s great... I couldn’t see the ‘mod’ in the first screenshot. Don’t want to sound paranoid, just wanted to be careful. 

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gonzo wrote:

@TorontoGal@Jessica_T

Are you sure that exchange was even with the moderator team? One drawback of a public forum is that anyone can make an account and scam you. Do NOT give anyone personal information unless you are certain they are the moderator team! That exchange just looks weird, especially with that ***HINT*** thing at the bottom.

@GonzoYes I am sure. Anyone can make an account, but only a moderator will have the tag beside there name. @Amine_E is a real moderator.

amine.png

moderator icon V2.png

Gonzo

@srlawren

Good to know, thanks for pointing that out. I should have done a search. Smiley Tongue

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gonzo wrote:

@TorontoGal@Jessica_T

Are you sure that exchange was even with the moderator team? One drawback of a public forum is that anyone can make an account and scam you. Do NOT give anyone personal information unless you are certain they are the moderator team! That exchange just looks weird, especially with that ***HINT*** thing at the bottom.

@Gonzo FYI @Amine_E is definitely a member of the moderator team.  He has the "MOD" tag next to his username, and "Moderator" appears in his profile page under his name.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Carld123 wrote:

@TorontoGal wrote:

Why is this email not sent to the proper person?

This is concerning personal data and privacy. 

@TorontoGal

You are posting in a public forum....if you messaged the mods correctly...nothing would appear here....

The screen shot is actually where the moderator sent the the private message to the wrong person.  Not the OP contacting the moderators.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Gonzo

@TorontoGal@Jessica_T

saje_ward

This doesn't look right AT ALL.

Please be sure that you are directly in touch with a public mobile moderator.

@Jessica_T wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@popping if she's already workkng with a moderator, I wouldn't advise trying anything else.  Let the mods sort it out, or it may just complicate things.

@srlawrenTalk about complicated, the moderator sent the response to me instead of @TorontoGal lol

I cant even message @Amine_E back because they disabled private message. I forwarded this to @CS_Agent

cant message back.png

@Amine_E wrote:
Re: I had $50 balance for a $40 plan, I got a message it renews and today it isn't working

Hi 🙂
Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are sorry to read about your situation and We will be more than happy to assist you 🙂

In order to secure & access your account, may I please ask you to authenticate yourself by using this link below?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdG*************************************...Blurred out for security reasons by Jessica_T

I shall be awaiting for your reply to help you further

-Amine

***HINT***

As Jessica_T told you, there is some known issue that can be fixed easily. For your situation, you can suspend and reactivate your account from your self-serve and some time it works

Suspend your service by logging into your self-serve
https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ > Plan and Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone > Suspend Service.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TorontoGal wrote:

@TorontoGal

You are posting in a public forum....if you messaged the mods correctly...nothing would appear here....

TorontoGal

srlawren

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Amine_E wrote:
Re: I had $50 balance for a $40 plan, I got a message it renews and today it isn't working

Hi 🙂

We are sorry to read about your situation and We will be more than happy to assist you 🙂

In order to secure & access your account, may I please ask you to authenticate yourself by using this link below?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdG*************************************...Blurred out for security reasons by Jessica_T

-Amine

***HINT***

As Jessica_T told you, there is some known issue that can be fixed easily. For your situation, you can suspend and reactivate your account from your self-serve and some time it works

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ > Plan and Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone > Suspend Service.

Yikes.

@Amine_E @CS_Agent please be very careful to verify the recipient(s) of your private messages before sending.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@popping if she's already workkng with a moderator, I wouldn't advise trying anything else.  Let the mods sort it out, or it may just complicate things.

@srlawrenTalk about complicated, the moderator sent the response to me instead of @TorontoGal lol

I cant even message @Amine_E back because they disabled private message. I forwarded this to @CS_Agent

cant message back.png

@Amine_E wrote:

Hi 🙂

-Amine

***HINT***

srlawren

@popping wrote:

@TorontoGal

Try to add $1 to your account to test your VISA info on file to determine if it is still valid.

If you can add $1 to your account, it is PM billing problem.

If you cannot add $1 to your account, the VISA info on file is not correct.

Gonzo

@TorontoGal, this sounds like a mess, all right. Here’s an example screen shot of a $30 per month plan transaction history. Can you find this in your self serve account? Probably not going to be the answer, but it might show the method to the madness.

DD704F86-862C-45CA-8EA3-BCD0E62E3B4D.jpeg

popping

@TorontoGal

Try to add $1 to your account to test your VISA info on file to determine if it is still valid.

If you can add $1 to your account, it is PM billing problem.

If you cannot add $1 to your account, the VISA info on file is not correct.

TorontoGal

Yes it is "talking" via private messaging and I need this plan to be autorenewing. 

it is second month in a row that it isnt and there are always plenty of funds. I am prety sure you do not want to be reading my past threads from decmber about this. 

My visa is set up for auto charge and there was $50 in this account and now WHY they only took 23 and left me with 17 to pay (which is still in the account) is beyond me. 

it is very crazy for me. 

I am waiting for them to get back to me. 

My phone is still down. 

@TorontoGal wrote:

I am talking with custumer service

Thank you everyone for your input. 

They will resolve it approparietly. 

It is their error. 

When you say talking I assume you are messaging them?

Please update us on the fix?

Thank you

TorontoGal

I am talking with custumer service

Thank you everyone for your input. 

They will resolve it approparietly. 

It is their error. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TorontoGal

For someone to help decifer what happened with your original 50$ balance you need to show payment details...

@TorontoGal

See where it says Transaction History, we need to see a scrrenshot of that. you have the option to select 60 days, do that and then post the screenshot.

@stonechucker wrote:

@TorontoGal, until either the moderator's response to you or you post a screenshot of your payment history, personal information redacted, no one can further assist you, other than to say pay the $17 to get your service re-started.

I noticed she has the autopay reward, this is why I asked about her CC/Debit card.

TorontoGal

They already owe me money for last month. 

I dont want to add money when they owe me money.* the other option besides CC is *Voucher*** the other option besides CC is *Voucher**

thank you everyone for your comments. 

So now they will owe me more money?

this is a bit insane. 

I would like to have this fixed. 

I did send a PM to one of the moderator/staff not a client. 

@TorontoGal, until either the moderator's response to you or you post a screenshot of your payment history, personal information redacted, no one can further assist you, other than to say pay the $17 to get your service re-started.

@TorontoGal wrote:

Thank you

Here is edited reposted. 

I had a $50 credit and the money for this month is only this and I still dont have a  phone service this month, my visa wasn't charged either. I want this resolved.I had a $50 credit and the money for this month is only this and I still dont have a phone service this month, my visa wasn't charged either. I want this resolved.

I must admit the warning is quite confusing. If you had sufficient funds or autopay than you should not be getting the warning and it should not be expired. Have you recently replaced your Credit Card/ Debit Card that you are using for autopay?

Need Help? Let's chat.