cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got charged $25 for an unknown reason

jocelynpubl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every month I get charged $20 for my monthly plan. However, in July, I saw I got charged the usual $20, and then I got a charge of $25 due to "Credit/Visa Debit TopUp". I went back to all my past transaction history statements, and I have never seen this kind of charge. How do I get my money refunded for this charge?

13 REPLIES 13

@jocelynpubl  yes, change both password and security question for the peace of mind

at least you didn't loss any money.   I honestly think you or someone who have your password did it.  If it is some hacker, it will be a lot more damaging  🙂

jocelynpubl

That's strange, because I don't remember doing a manual top up on that day. I will change my password and security questions just to be safe. 

@jocelynpubl wrote:

Although, now I am wondering why it decided to charge me so early this cycle, when it has never done that in the past.

Charging time was right.  PM running on 30 days cylce and not monthly. 

July cycle date: July 12 

August cycle date: Aug 11

**July 14 was a manual top up

jocelynpubl

Actually, I think the $25 charge I got on Jul 14 went to my balance, and paid for my August renewal cycle because I have not seen a charge in my credit card for the august cycle. Although, now I am wondering why it decided to charge me so early this cycle, when it has never done that in the past. It always charges my card the day of the cycle renewal, not two days after the previous cycle. I have not changed my card details, or added add ons, or changed my plan.

My plan is $25, and then friend referrals and auto pay make it $20. 

You have a $25 plan, not $20

PM already using the $25 on your Available Fund for August.  what do you have for Available Fund?  You should have couple $5 there  (the first line on your PM screenshot also confirm you have $5 balance now)

You thought your plan was $20 because you have reward.  you have $25 plan but you have $5 reward, so, they only charged you $20+ tax

For whatever reason, you  manually topped up $25 on July 14.  But PM uses $20 out of it and you now have $5 sitting in the Available fund

Anyone have access to your Self-Serve account?  your family?  check with them. For some reason, you  (or someone with access to your account) did a manual  top up, but you did not loss any money.    They money is sitting in the account and was used

if you sure you SHOULD BE  the only one have access to My Account, please change Password NOW and change the Security question, just in case it was compromised.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: Right. As expected that $25 went towards your renewal. It's still a mystery of why a manual payment was made but it all looks fine.

jocelynpubl

charged the normal amount on Jul 12charged the normal amount on Jul 12Charged $25 on Jul 14Charged $25 on Jul 14publicmobile.png

Here is my credit card statement where it shows i was charged the normal plan amount on Jul 12, but then on Jul 14 I was charged the $25 ($28 after tax). And then I highlighted the same charge on my public mobile statement. Going back on all my credit card monthly statements, I saw I have never been charged that $25 charge 2 days after my monthly $22.60 payment. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jocelynpubl   you mentioned PM charged you the usual $20 in July.  How about August?  Is it due for renewal yet?  Any chance PM has used the $25 to renew for August (although, you should still have some leftover in Available Fund)

Also, can you login to My Account and confirm what kind of plan you have?   You mentioned you have a $20 plan.  Is that an grandfather plan?  current plan lineup only have $15 or $25 but not $20.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jocelynpubl : Could you post a screenshot of your payment history from here (not payment card).

jocelynpubl

Yes I checked my transaction history, and the $25 charge was for "Credit/Visa debit" top-up, however it is not showing up in my available balance. And it's not due to an add on or someone else logging on to my account either.

jocelynpubl

No right now my available funds says $5, like it normally does every month. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jocelynpubl   did you login to My Account?  Go to My Account->Payment  and Transaction History, please check if the $25 was showing there.

If so, there is a chance you or someone logon to your My Account and did a manual top up. 

Or did you try to buy some Add on before?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have at least $25 in your Available Funds? If so then just leave it there for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.