cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an offer to move to Koodo. What happens to my current balance with PM I move?

nodirjon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I got SMS offer to move to Koodo from Public Mobile. I have loaded quite a bit of money to PM account. What happens to that money if I move to Koodo? Will I get a refund or will this balance get transferred to Koodo account?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Brie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ask PM and stay on top of them 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@nodirjon You"ll need to decide

if it's better to stay ot go.  There's no refund at Public Mobile. You leave and you forfeit it all. Exceptions are for when Public did wrong. If you want to use the Koodo offer,  you'll leave everything behind at Public. Factors for your decision could include customer service, phone discount, plan price, data amounts, and data speeds.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nodirjon ,

That balance disappears when you port your PM number to another provider (even within the Telus "Family").

I read a post before about maybe asking the moderators to transfer your balance to another family or friend's account, but I do not know if they would do that. But, what is the harm in trying?

Maybe PM is offering people with high available balances in their accounts for this reason. The Available Funds money is already in their "bank account"; so they offer another deal where you start paying again monthly.   🤔 😮

Or maybe not, and you were just provided an offer from Koodo.

@nodirjon wrote:

Hello,

I got SMS offer to move to Koodo from Public Mobile. I have loaded quite a bit of money to PM account. What happens to that money if I move to Koodo? Will I get a refund or will this balance get transferred to Koodo account?

Thanks

Sorry, but you will lose it and you won't receive a refund.  The offer does offer $120 in Koodo bill credtis, but that's regardless of what your Public Mobile balance is.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@nodirjon wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

There are no guarantees that you will receive a refund or credit to Koodo. This is prepaid. You will have to contact a moderator and they will decide.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts. 
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Terms of Service

2C0E4BAA-4D6B-4B1B-9428-5D8DB9806448.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.