cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot to unlock my credit card tonight when auto-pay normally kicks in

droidlover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Based on personal experience, Public Mobile usually charges my card around 2:03-2:14 AM EST. Like clock work. I only noticed an exception to this once when they charged my card later than usual (5AM).

My credit card has a feature where I have the option to lock my card whenever I want (to prevent unauthorized use of my card) and unlock when I'm ready to use it. I typically unlock my card the day before my Public Mobile renewal date. I set my reminder on my phone on Google. Unfortunately Google never reminded me. I just happened to remember right at 2:21AM that my Public Mobile due date was today. I figured that Public Mobile probably already tried charging my card but can't because I had froze my card. I unfroze my card 2:21AM and I haven't seen any charges coming in.

Does Public Mobile try to charge your card more than once throughout the day? Or do I have to manually fix this now?

My service is still on thankfully but I fear that my service is gonna get cut off and that it'll be a mess to reactivate.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@droidlover wrote:

Yea it looks like my plan is terminated now but I am still getting a signal. I tried texting back and forth with another number and tried mobile data. Doesn't work. I'm guessing the signal is still there because of the 90 day grace period for reactivation. I'm going to try reactivating my plan on the site now.

Update: Yea it works now. After reactivating and paying manually I just had to restart my phone for the data to work again.

I am glad to hear this! I have used this feature on my CC'd in the past and was wondering how it turned out.

Thanks for sharing the result really appreciate it!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@droidlover wrote:

Based on personal experience, Public Mobile usually charges my card around 2:03-2:14 AM EST. Like clock work. I only noticed an exception to this once when they charged my card later than usual (5AM).

My credit card has a feature where I have the option to lock my card whenever I want (to prevent unauthorized use of my card) and unlock when I'm ready to use it. I typically unlock my card the day before my Public Mobile renewal date. I set my reminder on my phone on Google. Unfortunately Google never reminded me. I just happened to remember right at 2:21AM that my Public Mobile due date was today. I figured that Public Mobile probably already tried charging my card but can't because I had froze my card. I unfroze my card 2:21AM and I haven't seen any charges coming in.

Does Public Mobile try to charge your card more than once throughout the day? Or do I have to manually fix this now?

My service is still on thankfully but I fear that my service is gonna get cut off and that it'll be a mess to reactivate.

Thanks.

To avoid this issue. I recommend. 

Today knowing your guaranteed payment (don’t consider referrals or community rewards as guaranteed, but do consider auto-pay and loyalty as guaranteed).  Make another payment while your card is unlocked. Then just keep your card locked in regards to PM auto-pay. You will then receive a text that payment has been successful in the next 30 days. Upon that text pay your guaranteed amount again during the day when most likely your card is unlocked. You will still receive your $2 reward for auto-pay as long as your card remains registered for auto-pay and eliminate other payment issues that have occurred.  In other words keep paid up by one payment in advance. If your balance grows due to referrals or community rewards, then take that into account and prepay a little less every couple of months.   I’m hoping you are using a cash back card or one that also provides you a benefit. 

@droidloverIf after paying manually, reactivating and rebooting phone your service does not come back.....report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot. If it still hasn't returned then manually add a $1 To your balance. This should kick start your service into working otherwise your next option will be contacting the moderators.

droidlover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yea it looks like my plan is terminated now but I am still getting a signal. I tried texting back and forth with another number and tried mobile data. Doesn't work. I'm guessing the signal is still there because of the 90 day grace period for reactivation. I'm going to try reactivating my plan on the site now.

Update: Yea it works now. After reactivating and paying manually I just had to restart my phone for the data to work again.

PhillyMack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They to my knowledge will only charge the card once. Nothing worse than losing your phone plan especially in a pandemic!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@droidloveriIf the worse scenario happens and you wake up to a suspended account and no service.  You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks and stay safe.

Another way to protect your self from fraudelent porting is to change your name in your self service account.  Ie McGrath TheCrimeDog.  PM only requires monthly payments to keep your account. 

@droidloverI know I've made a manual payment with only 5 minutes to spare til the deadline. But the system had been delayed by a few hours lately so you are probably ok....that autopay had not yet tried to charge your card. But you will know in the morning one way or another.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@droidlover, you could also manually add some funds into your account if you plan to lose any sleep on this. I know if I was in your shoes, I would worry myself awake and wouldn't be able to sleep. While others would have no problem in waiting till the morning.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@droidlover wrote:

Thanks.

You will just have to leave it and find out in the morning. Trying to do something now on renewal night is not recommended.  If your line is suspended in the morning you should be able to go online and make a manual payment to reactivate.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.