cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot pay

Kiisu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am told my phone number is invalid so I cannot pay and when I type in where I activated my account I am told it is not the correct answer. I am assuming I have lost my account and will have to buy a new SIM card. I will never sign up with a company that has no customer service again. I am so frustrated!

13 REPLIES 13

@Kiisu wrote:

Thank you for trying to help me. Daily options with the moderator were tried until finally, yesterday I was finally able to access my self-serve account to pay. The moderator ended up having to set up the account for me with a temporary password. I never learned what went wrong. Maybe the retailer did not set up the activation properly? I don't know. It was weird though because the phone worked just fine, making and receiving calls until the due date passed and then the phone wouldn't work anymore. I tried to pay using a voucher but the vouchers had to be paid in euros and I didn't want to pay a foreign exchange rate fee. The equivalent amount in Canadaian dollars was either a few cents below the amount of my plans or 2.5 times more. Maybe I was sent to the wrong site but it surprised me that the voucher option was not helpful.

Thanks again for your help.

@Kiisu  For future reference the online site to purchase vouchers is called recharge.com  you can also purchase vouchers and top-ups from the following locations:

PM-Pay1.JPGPM-Pay2.JPG

Kiisu

Thank you for trying to help me. Daily options with the moderator were tried until finally, yesterday I was finally able to access my self-serve account to pay. The moderator ended up having to set up the account for me with a temporary password. I never learned what went wrong. Maybe the retailer did not set up the activation properly? I don't know. It was weird though because the phone worked just fine, making and receiving calls until the due date passed and then the phone wouldn't work anymore. I tried to pay using a voucher but the vouchers had to be paid in euros and I didn't want to pay a foreign exchange rate fee. The equivalent amount in Canadaian dollars was either a few cents below the amount of my plans or 2.5 times more. Maybe I was sent to the wrong site but it surprised me that the voucher option was not helpful.

Thanks again for your help.

Kiisu

Thank you for trying to help. My case turned out to be more complicated and I worked with a moderator daily for a week before the problem was solved yesterday. I still don't know why my phone number was not recognized as valid. The moderator ended up having to set up a self serve account for me with a temporary password, and even that approach did not work at first.

Now all is well, but simple solutions didn't work in my case. But the moderator was persisitent and I really appreciated that.

Kiisu

Thank you for trying to help but this answer didn't help me. My phone stopped working the day after the due date since I couldn't pay. Maybe you mean that even though I couldn't use the phone that I wouldn't lose the phone number for 90 days?

In the end it took a week to solve the problem with a daily back and forth and the moderator had to set up an account for me with a password that I finally got access  to and now the problem is solved. I never found out why my phone number was considered to be invalid even though the phone itself was working just fine, able to make and receive calls, nor why the name of the retailer where I bought the plan was continually rejected as incorrect. So the message from this experiment is that with patience, the moderator can indeed help and solve complicated problems! I am relieved and grateful. And thank you for making an effort to help me.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kiisu wrote:

My account is paid for until midnight tonight. I just can't register so that I can pay for the next month. Thanks for your help. All I want to do is create an account online. The phone number works just fine. I just can't pay and the retailer told me today there is nothing they can do to help. When I try to create an online account I am told my phone number is invalid and the name of the retailer is incorrect. I copied the name exactly as it appears on the receipt.

And without an online account I cannot pay.

1.  Did you activate your mother's plan online or in-store?

Your self-serve account will be created already if you activate online.

If you activate in-store, you need your mother's phone to receive a text message in order to create an self-serve account.

2.  Is your mother near where you live?

If no, can she open text message to read you a set of digits over the phone?

3.  Did you setup autopay during activation?

If yes, her account will be renewed automatically after mid-night.

Kiisu

Yes, the account was set up at the retailer but I was told I still had to register online to create an online account. I was never given a password only a PIN number. Is that the same thing? As I said, when I try to reset the password I I have to input my email address twice (which has received emails from Public Mobile already) but the security question is to input the name of the retailer. When I do that it tells me the answer is incorrect. And I cannot proceed any further.

It tells me the answer is case sensitive. I write it exactly as it appears on my receipt. There is nothing else I can do.

@Kiisu wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I set up the phone for my mother who has the phone and unfortunately she cannot follow the prompts when she tries to call *611. I was hoping I could register for her since I bought the phone and the first month's Plan for her. But it seems to be impossible. The first month ended today, so it is not overdue until midnight. If the plan has been cancelled it is odd that the phone number still works.

I went to the retailer today and they said they can't help me. The shop warned me that Public Mobile has no customer service and I guess I didn't appreciate what a problem that would be.

@Kiisu Are you sure the account was not setup at the store during activation? If that is the case you should be able to try reset the password. If not click here to register your selfserve account.

Kiisu

My account is paid for until midnight tonight. I just can't register so that I can pay for the next month. Thanks for your help. All I want to do is create an account online. The phone number works just fine. I just can't pay and the retailer told me today there is nothing they can do to help. When I try to create an online account I am told my phone number is invalid and the name of the retailer is incorrect. I copied the name exactly as it appears on the receipt.

And without an online account I cannot pay.

Kiisu

Thanks for your reply. I set up the phone for my mother who has the phone and unfortunately she cannot follow the prompts when she tries to call *611. I was hoping I could register for her since I bought the phone and the first month's Plan for her. But it seems to be impossible. The first month ended today, so it is not overdue until midnight. If the plan has been cancelled it is odd that the phone number still works.

I went to the retailer today and they said they can't help me. The shop warned me that Public Mobile has no customer service and I guess I didn't appreciate what a problem that would be.

Kiisu

When I try to register I am told my phone number is invalid, even though it can make and receive phone calls. Then when I am asked to input the name of the retailer where I bought the first month's plan, I am told the name is incorrect. So I cannot register and because I cannot register, I cannot pay. It is beyond frustrating.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kiisu wrote:

I am told my phone number is invalid so I cannot pay and when I type in where I activated my account I am told it is not the correct answer. I am assuming I have lost my account and will have to buy a new SIM card. I will never sign up with a company that has no customer service again. I am so frustrated!

Can you phone 611 to access your account?

If no, your account may suspended or canceled.

90 days after your account was suspended for non-payment, your account will be cancelled, your phone number was gone and your old SIM card cannot be used again.  You need a new SIM card to activate another plan if your old account was cancelled.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kiisu wrote:

@KiisuThe only way you can lose your account is if you do not make payment after 90 days. Where did you activate your account online or at the store?

Edit: After re-reading your post were you in the process of activating your account and got kicked out. If yes, then what you need to do is to try the activation again in an hour and it should work. Just make sure you clear the browser's cache and use a desktop if you can.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kiisu wrote:

Has your account be inactive for a long period of time?  After 90 days of being suspended the number is lost and the account is closed.  What circumstances has led to this point in your account?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.