cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot make a credit card payment online.

cavarchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just tried using the website to make a payment to my account using multiple credit cards, and each attempt is declined.  When I contacted the credit card company about being declined, they said the address used ifor verification s extremely different from the address I entered that would have been accepted.  Is there a glitch with Public Mobile's payment system?  I have only been a customer for 2 months.  Thanks.

29 REPLIES 29

@cavarchan, this is totally frustrating, I get it.  I'm hoping I can help you with the following suggestions:

Check that the address you're entering is the 'billing address' if it is different than the mailing/shipping address.  Your credit card support has told you the address didn't match - could this the be case?

Try Unit#-House# (as I haven't seen it listed previously) instead of leaving of the unit number (if you have one that is).

As suggested, use the postal code in A1A1A1 format.  Do not drop off the last digit, and do not use a space.

If you're trying many times within a short period of time, wait at least an hour before trying again.

Failing all of the above, use your credit card to buy a voucher from recharge.com or go to a local retailer to use cash a/o credit card to get the voucher for payment.

I truly hope you get this resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavarchan wrote:

Tried the same card multiple times with the same failure.

Moderator has been messaged.

Well at least you can say you tried all the ideas that this community had to offer. So that's good.

Another option is to get one of those prepaid Visa or Mastercard gift cards and use that to makie the payment. Or either of the online voucher sites like recharge.com...but they charge a little more for what you would pay in a store.

cavarchan

Tried the same card multiple times with the same failure.

cavarchan

Tried a new browser with a cleared cache, history, and cookies.  No difference.

Mugsysukoo

When I first signed up my credit card was declined also. So I tried again same card but changed the address froms Street North to just North and it went through. I activated 2 phones and for each I had to make 2attempts with the same card. It did accept the card each time on the second try.

Try your card again make sure the address matchesthe one you have on your credit card statement. You should be ok.

@cavarchan The reason is because payment systems and Public Mobile relies on cookies to store things like addresses / plan info when the system transits from page to page during signup. Sometimes things just get stuck on the browser side.

Browsers settings on each users' computers vary eg you might have cookies turned off / or on or cookies in read only mode or have browsers add ins eg ad blockers. They all can interfere with payment systems. "Incognito" mode supposedly gets around the messiness by giving you a clean slate but it is an universal solution because if you set your plug ins to function in Incongito mode that will also interfere with the user interface.

Hence I suggest a new browser with no addons or legacy information and see if that makes a difference. Just any of the basic ones you don't use eg Chrome, Firefox or even Edge or Safari.

@cavarchan wrote:

I do not see how a different browser, or clearing my cache should make a difference in this case.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavarchan wrote:

I just tried using the website to make a payment to my account using multiple credit cards, and each attempt is declined.  When I contacted the credit card company about being declined, they said the address used ifor verification s extremely different from the address I entered that would have been accepted.  Is there a glitch with Public Mobile's payment system?  I have only been a customer for 2 months.  Thanks.

Have you asked the credit card agent what was showing up on their end?

I've face this before and they were able to tell me once I able to verify that I was the official credit card holder.

Also, some people setup the computer with a foreign character set and sometimes this can cause all sort of issues.

@cavarchan wrote:

According to the credit card company, the address used for the credit card verification WAS NOT the address I entered i hin the webpage.

I do not see how a different browser, or clearing my cache should make a difference in this case.

I had a similar case where a form was appending & to all words edging with d and t caused lots of headache.  Also maybe not all characters get passed on.

If incognito or another freshly started browser don't work you will most likely have to contact mods or (if you are tight with time) get a voucher in a store

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavarchan wrote:

According to the credit card company, the address used for the credit card verification WAS NOT the address I entered in the webpage.

But wouldn't you like to eliminate it as a possibility?

Go to a convenience store that sells gift cards and use those little pinpad terminal thingies and buy a voucher and enter it into your account in the 611 service.

cavarchan

According to the credit card company, the address used for the credit card verification WAS NOT the address I entered in the webpage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. To limit exposure to recorded/saved credit cards on sites, I use those prepaid gift cards from Visa and/or Mastercard. You can find them just about anywhere that sells gift cards. The company is Vanilla. Don't get the MyVanilla versions...they don't work. Others have had success from other prepaid cards too. Those are just the ones I've experienced.

Sure there's a fee to buy it along with the initial balance but they work.

@cavarchan wrote:

No incognito mode.

I did not use 611 because it requres a pre-registered credit card.  I prefer to not save any credit card information.  Had a nasty experience with Amazon where someone broke into my account and started charging to a pre-registered credit card like crazy.

KOHO card was advertised here in public mobile and it's prepaid card, so if you keep change on it and only load it before intended tractions you don't have to worry. And you still get the benefit of autopay credit. I sent you a message about it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavarchan wrote:

According to the credit card company, the name was correct but the address was completely different from what I actually entered.

Did you ever clear your cache and even cookies? Or another browser?

We're talking about the name and address you type in in the credit card entry screen right? Not the account profile name and address?

I woudl suggest install another browser (with no imported settings).. or try the process on another device (or at a friends house). If your address end up different at the receiving (Public Mobile end), you might just want to contact the Mods..

Did the credit card company tell you which address was causing the failure? If they do, send that to the Mods, it might help them narrow things down.

win2018

Your name and address you registered in your credit card company must same as your name and address you registered in PM. If not it does not work.

cavarchan

Not using a VPN.

cavarchan

According to the credit card company, the name was correct but the address was completely different from what I actually entered.

cavarchan

No credit cards registered at the moment.  Attempts to add a credit card fail verification, probably due to the same reason.

@cavarchan wrote:

Postal code entered with no spaces, and unit number was left blank.

According to the credit card company, a totally different address to what I entered was used for verification causing the failure.

@cavarchan  Try deleting the card and adding it again.

@cavarchan wrote:

According to the credit card company, a totally different address to what I entered was used for verification causing the failure.

@cavarchan  If you cant add it then you need to ask for the moderator to add it for you  To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Are you on a VPN?

cavarchan

cavarchan

I tried one-time payments and adding a credit card, and all attemtps failed verification, probably due to not actually using the address I entered.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cavarchan wrote:

@cavarchan  Click the My Account buttom top right of this page.

1) Login to Selfserve, click Payments & Add-ons tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

Ok I understand... the only solution is to wait a better moment to try again after clearing your cache and with a different browser... or you can reach the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and ask them for help but waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Also try a browser without any plugins eg ad blockers. I seem to remember it solved one of the instances for me.

As for credit card, it is always handy to have just one low limit card just for online purchases.

cavarchan

No incognito mode.

I did not use 611 because it requres a pre-registered credit card.  I prefer to not save any credit card information.  Had a nasty experience with Amazon where someone broke into my account and started charging to a pre-registered credit card like crazy.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you try @cavarchan on incognito mode or with the 611?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

I personally find the name on the card has to be exactly the same. The address fields have to be filled in correctly.. eg Street # and Street Name are 2 seperate fields, some passwords managers get confused with that.

Need Help? Let's chat.