cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my autopay before leaving the country, turns out it wasnt cancelled

spoonofsoup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I Left canada in January and cancelled my auto pay on my account before i left. 100% guaranteed i cancelled it. But now i am back and looked into renewing my account and it turns out it was active the entire time i was away (4 months).

I'd like a refund on my account since i definitely cancelled it before leaving and looks like the server didn't actually cancel it or something. Usage can be checked to confirm i was no longer in the country.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

@spoonofsoup  Great news!  Thanks for the update.

spoonofsoup

Thanks again for the help. It does appear what probably happened is i had clicked 'remove autopay' assuming that would cancel the auto pay function, however i had left my card details on file so i guess it continued to charge. I've contacted the moderator and they're crediting for the months i was out of the country. Thanks for the help everyone. 🙏

@spoonofsoup wrote:

thanks it's difficult to figrue out how to actually send a message to someone who can deal with this. i definitely cancelled my card, but this website is trash and i suppose it didnt actually go through even though i guarantee i saw it was cancelled. not a fault of mine at that point, though i could have checked into it to see if the payment was still being taken the following month but i was under the impression it was removed from auto pay. I'm trying to send a ticket, but 404 error when i do, convenient...

go to SIMon and open a ticket asking for a refund for services you didn't use.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@spoonofsoup, Public Mobile isn't always the best can of soup on the shelves. It is what it is. Others who have left had other issues, while others left other cell phone providers and love it here and have converted many others into it.

Look at @Naepalm, he joined Public less than a week ago, and he loves it here. He wished he had heard of us earlier when he was forking out $100's of dollars each month. Now, he is saving the extra cash for diapers for his 10th kid.

Hopefully, the moderators can do a goodwill gesture. All the best to you.

Cheerio and stay safe!

@mpcdesign your not wrong baby is due ina couple weeks! PM has been amazing so far I have had one issue that was solved immediately, and it wasn't really an issue I was just looking to retroactively process a referral code which they didn't have to do. 

@spoonofsoup, it's a two-parter. 

1. Go to your self-serve account
  2. Click on the Payment tab. You should see Manage Autopay. Click on thatScreen Shot 2020-04-15 at 3.58.52 PM.png
  3. Click on remove autopay at the bottom
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 4.01.13 PM.png

4. Go back to the Payment tab. And now remove the credit card from your account as well. Click on Manage Credit Card at the bottom (see first image in this post)

5. Now click on the second link, remove a credit card.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 3.59.34 PM.png

@spoonofsoup, Public Mobile isn't always the best can of soup on the shelves. It is what it is. Others who have left had other issues, while others left other cell phone providers and love it here and have converted many others into it.

Look at @Naepalm, he joined Public less than a week ago, and he loves it here. He wished he had heard of us earlier when he was forking out $100's of dollars each month. Now, he is saving the extra cash for diapers for his 10th kid.

Hopefully, the moderators can do a goodwill gesture. All the best to you.

Cheerio and stay safe!

@spoonofsoup wrote:

I've had nothing but issues trying to deal with this site. If i can't get credited i think i'l move to another provider as i'm over it. Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Looks like you've been with PM since 2017 and other than this issue...it's been ok. Maybe wait to see how the moderators assist you before you leave.

Either way...we'll be here when you come back.

😷

@spoonofsoup wrote:

I've had nothing but issues trying to deal with this site. If i can't get credited i think i'l move to another provider as i'm over it. Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

@spoonofsoup  No problem. Hope it works out!

spoonofsoup

@spoonofsoup wrote:

sorry, by cancel i meant i disabled auto pay. im 100% sure i did disable it as i remember vividly doing it before flying out. however clearly this site doesnt work well and maybe though it gave me confirmation it didn't actually go through, i didn't look again after that to verify as i didnt seem to think it necessary. Though this site isnt working properly so i cant send a ticket to moderators either, its giving an error.

@spoonofsoup  I've been here for over a year, this is the first time I have ever heard of this. On the other hand there have been many instances of the opposite happening where Auto-Pay is enabled but the plan doesn't get renewed. 

spoonofsoup

thanks i'l send a message to the mod team! cheers!

spoonofsoup

sorry, by cancel i meant i disabled auto pay. im 100% sure i did disable it as i remember vividly doing it before flying out. however clearly this site doesnt work well and maybe though it gave me confirmation it didn't actually go through, i didn't look again after that to verify as i didnt seem to think it necessary. Though this site isnt working properly so i cant send a ticket to moderators either, its giving an error.

@spoonofsoup wrote:

thanks it's difficult to figrue out how to actually send a message to someone who can deal with this. i definitely cancelled my card, but this website is trash and i suppose it didnt actually go through even though i guarantee i saw it was cancelled. not a fault of mine at that point, though i could have checked into it to see if the payment was still being taken the following month but i was under the impression it was removed from auto pay. I'm trying to send a ticket, but 404 error when i do, convenient...

@spoonofsoup 

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@spoonofsoup , this is a prepaid service without refunds.  I have not seen a complaint that auto pay restarted on its own when removed.  You could contact the moderator team and see if they will extend some goodwill.  Good luck.  

spoonofsoup

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@spoonofsoup wrote:

Hi

I Left canada in January and cancelled my auto pay on my account before i left. 100% guaranteed i cancelled it. But now i am back and looked into renewing my account and it turns out it was active the entire time i was away (4 months).

I'd like a refund on my account since i definitely cancelled it before leaving and looks like the server didn't actually cancel it or something. Usage can be checked to confirm i was no longer in the country.

Thanks

@spoonofsoup  Did you remove your credit card from your account? When you say you cancelled Auto-Pay what do you mean? BY accessing your selfserve you should be able to verify if Auto-Pay was disabled. Did you do that?

If you still feel that your account was renewing your plan with Auto-Pay disable then your only option is to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate. As you know Public Mobile is a prepaid company and they do not offer refunds.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@spoonofsoup wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Unfortunately, that means that autopay was never properly cancelled, although it could have been a problem with the website. Did you only remove autopay or did you also remove the credit card. The only people who could issue such a refund (if this was Public Mobile's error) would be the moderators. Please go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to open a ticket.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome back @spoonofsoup how did you cancel autopay?  The good news is that since you didn't cancel autopay, you still have your account and phone number, it cancells after 90 days. The bad news is that since this is a prepaid service, you will not get a refund, and it's your mistake that caused this, not PM's. So please rejoice in the fact that you are back home safely and that you did not have to buy another SIM and start over. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.