cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't redeem my payment voucher

Andrew_p
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey, for some reason i can't redeem my payment voucher i got it from shoppers drug mart 

28 REPLIES 28

kgardner1171
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Andrew_p wrote:

do you know if its the Pin# or voucher #?

I have tried both and neither work

tim1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I tried the online system payment it did not work and gave that same error, but when I called *611 it worked the first time when I put in the PIN.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

that's kind of alarming when the vouchers are not registered in the system?!

GreatCanadian

@Andrew_p, Awesome!! Glad you got it working.

GC

Andrew_p

found the problem!! the vouchers were not registered in there system so they credited me $60 to cover the vouchers

GreatCanadian

Not a bad idea @LEGO I just looked for a Canadian Tire voucher to post a pic, but I must have thrown them out once used.

GC 

LEGO

Maybe we should scan and post all vouchers from different sources just to see the differences between them, so that we can help more efficiently?

Andrew_p

similar but for me it had the pin # 

voucher # 

and Blackhawk order ID# 

shoppers drug mart other prepaid cards work instantly im not sure why its different for public mobile 

GreatCanadian

Yes, I would assume funds would be available immediately upon redemption. Does your voucher look like the one @wetcoaster posted ? 

Andrew_p

will do, pretty frustrating that my account is gonna be suspended at 2am cause theres no payment 

GreatCanadian

@Andrew_p good luck with it and please post the outcome. I'd be interested to find out what the issue is. 

GC 

Andrew_p

ive contacted the mods as well but nothing as of yet, hopfully this gets resolved quick 

GreatCanadian

Also my reply was to @Andrew_p to let him know there shouldn't be an issue. I wasn't responding to you.

GC 

LEGO

@Andrew_p I have found the post I was talking about, regarding PIN vs. Voucher number: click here

GreatCanadian

Hey dude  not shooting you down at all. It's obvious that yours isn't working for some reason. I just wanted to let you know that I don't think you should be having issues. The fact that you are makes me think the issue is with the voucher, not you !! I don't think waiting to see if it will go through will work. I'd contact the mods right now.

GC 

@GreatCanadian wrote:

I buy my vouchers at Canadian Tire, and they look NOTHING like that. And they have a number that's labeled "Redemption Code", and that's the number I use.

GC 

I tried to help and clearly mentioned that this is from my local corner store - no need to shoot me down just because it's different from what you are used to, is there?

As far as I know (it's been a while since I had those side by side...) The once from Shoppers Drug Mart (which the op has bought, I think?) are also quite different from the ones from Canadian Tire.

GreatCanadian

FYI, I've purchased about 10 vouchers and once I enter the code the funds have been available immediately. I've never had a single issue.

GC 

Andrew_p

since i did get it 2 hours ago ill try it again tomorrow and if its still giving me problems ill just msg the moderator.

@Andrew_p wrote:

Tried it but i got the following msg below

Unfortunately, Voucher #???????????? could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

How long ago did you buy the voucher? There was a thread recently from someone who bought a voucher from Canadian Tire with a note on it along the lines "will be activated within 24hours" (I think?). They ended up asking a moderator about it, as @LEGO has suggested above, and were finally able to add the vouchers way after the indicated activation time.

Sounds like a weird / stupid thing for retailers to do, if that is really what is happening... I hope SDM isn't doing the same?

GreatCanadian

I buy my vouchers at Canadian Tire, and they look NOTHING like that. And they have a number that's labeled "Redemption Code", and that's the number I use.

GC 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrew_p, I remember someone else reporting a few weeks ago that their voucher also didn't work initially.  It eventually worked, perhaps 24 hours later.  At the time, I think that someone had said some systems (retailers) vouchers take a while to be activated.  not sure if this is your problem.

@LEGO wrote:

Try entering just the PIN and not the voucher number.  I think it's the PIN that needs to be entered in self-serve to apply the voucher; if you call *611 you would have to enter voucher number.

I've never used *611 to apply a Public Mobile voucher, but this doesn't make any sense to me. For me it's always the PIN.

(This is from my corner store, I don't have a recent voucher from SDM, but you get the idea.)

voucher.jpgScreenshot-2018-4-25-Public-Mobile---oneTimeTopUp-Page(2).jpg

LEGO

Take a photo of your voucher and send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number, and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Andrew_p

Tried it but i got the following msg below

Unfortunately, Voucher #???????????? could not be added. Please verify the Voucher and try again.

LEGO

Try entering just the PIN and not the voucher number.  I think it's the PIN that needs to be entered in self-serve to apply the voucher; if you call *611 you would have to enter voucher number.

Andrew_p

do you know if its the Pin# or voucher #?

LEGO

@Andrew_p I read here somewhere that voucher contains two codes. I don’t recall, but you have to use one or another.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Vouchers not working is very rare. Are you sure you are entering the correct 12 digit code located on your receipt? Try using incognito/private browsing mode. 

Need Help? Let's chat.