cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t log into my account

Heide63
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can’t log in with my user name and password.  I want to be able to pay with my credit card, but can’t get into my account to do it.  Your webpage keeps freezing up every time I try.  I’m very happy with the plan, but have BIG problems with your system, as far as getting any useful help.  This is not the first time, and I’m really not impressed.  Talking to a computer entity is no replacement for a real person.

17 REPLIES 17

Whoops!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Heide63 :Now that you have pin, you can also use it when you contact the moderator team if you still can't access self serve, hopefully you can make changes to your account using both 611 and the self serve portal in future.

Perfect, you should be set to go to use *611.

Heide63

Found the pin, you are right, I did set it up when I bought the phone

TheGx

@Heide63 :Your pin should have been set up during online activation, if you can't remember it you should contact moderator team.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 wrote:

Thanks, will try that tomorrow.  I’m a 77 year old senior, and caregiver to an 80 year old partner, so I have limited time and energy to do battle with automated systems.

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator. After you submit your ticket keep an eye  on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a response from them.

You can use this link to contact the moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Heide63

Thanks, will try that tomorrow.  I’m a 77 year old senior, and caregiver to an 80 year old partner, so I have limited time and energy to do battle with automated systems.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 

If the payment card is already registered on the account, use *611 from your phone to manually make the payment.

Public Mobile sites are sometimes VERY slow - can take up to 30 seconds to load.  Try clearing cache & cookies, then open an incognito tab and try again.

Let us know the results.

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Guys, multiple people can't get into their accounts.  It's a pattern. 

Maybe it's not the user?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heide63 : Did you try the Forgot your password? link? Did you activate in a store or yourself online? If yourself then you would have made the PIN. You might find that on your phone from 611 from when you activated. It might also be stored on your actual SIM.

I don't recall how the PIN works if activated in store.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 wrote:

Clearing cache doesn’t work.  And being patient while page downloads is not working either, since I’m not willing to wait for more than 15 minutes

Can you try using chrome?

Heide63

So how do I get a pin?

Heide63

Clearing cache doesn’t work.  And being patient while page downloads is not working either, since I’m not willing to wait for more than 15 minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heide63 : Had you already registered a payment card on your account? If so, then why don't you have autopay on? You get a free 2 bucks. But if you don't have autopay on but you do have a card registered then you can also use the 611 service to make a payment. You would need your 4 digit PIN though.

Heide63

No it’s not the only problem.  The site keeps kicking out my user name and passcode.

TheGx

@Heide63 :So you've logged in before? The only problem is the bad web page?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Heide63 

Try clearing your browser cache. Close browser and open a new window in incognito/private mode. The system is slow so be patient for the page to load.

Need Help? Let's chat.