cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't change my plan Now

vasilicaj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to change my plan now and I have the adequate amount of funds in my account however whenever I select the plan and I click "Yes, Change Plan Now" it just takes me back to my account home page and nothing has changed. I still have the same funds in my account balance and the same plan. I have tried different browsers and nothing is working. Please someone help.

15 REPLIES 15

you also have the option to buy data add ons

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vasilicaj wrote:

I just figured out what the issue was....I was on the $50 special plan for 8GB and I was trying to change my plan now to the exact same plan...and it wasn't letting me do so. I tried switching to a different plan... the $45 one and it worked... I guess there is just a software issue with alloowing subscribers to change their plan immediately to the exact same plan? Everything is fine now, I am just on a worse plan unfortunately because I need data for my job so I had to switch immediately and was left with no choice. Hopefully the technical team can look into this and fix it in the future. Thanks everyone.

@vasilicaj that is what @chrisbasm was saying in his post; if you wanted to mark his post as the solution, that would help people if they search the forum and come across this thread.

vasilicaj

I just figured out what the issue was....I was on the $50 special plan for 8GB and I was trying to change my plan now to the exact same plan...and it wasn't letting me do so. I tried switching to a different plan... the $45 one and it worked... I guess there is just a software issue with alloowing subscribers to change their plan immediately to the exact same plan? Everything is fine now, I am just on a worse plan unfortunately because I need data for my job so I had to switch immediately and was left with no choice. Hopefully the technical team can look into this and fix it in the future. Thanks everyone.

@vasilicaj wrote:

Okay, nevermind. I was using my phone to access the website and was getting connection issues so I tried it on PC and I could view the plans again and everything was working fine except I am still getting the same error when attempting to change plans. I select the plan I want to change to and then click to change it now instead of the next billing date and then it loads back to the main account page and I still have the same funds in my account. Nothing has changed.

When you select "Change Now" a  popup normally appears warning you about that the "change will take effect immediately...are you sure?" or something similar to that. It sounds like you are not getting that warning. Do you have popups enabled on your browser?

Pizzaeh

@vasilicaj wrote:

Yep, that was one of the first things I tried. It didn't work unfortunately. 

Changing plans immediately is not something most subscribers have to do very often, so if there is an issue with that function the mods should be made aware and they can check in with the team that takes care of that.  Good luck.

vasilicaj

Yep, that was one of the first things I tried. It didn't work unfortunately. 

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vasilicaj  - Did you try privacy/incognito mode on your browser?

Pizzaeh

@vasilicaj wrote:

Okay, nevermind. I was using my phone to access the website and was getting connection issues so I tried it on PC and I could view the plans again and everything was working fine except I am still getting the same error when attempting to change plans. I select the plan I want to change to and then click to change it now instead of the next billing date and then it loads back to the main account page and I still have the same funds in my account. Nothing has changed.

Send a message to the moderators by clicking here.  In the private message to the moderator, include your Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, email address (used to activate your Public Mobile account), and an explanation of your problem.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours. 

Moderator hours have been exteneded as of March 11th, 2019:

Weekdays 8am to 12am

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

vasilicaj

Pizzaeh

@vasilicaj wrote:

Yes, I understand. I have done it before without issues however now when I even try clicking "Change Plan" the website is not even loading for me and tells me I need to log in to see this page. And whenever I click view more plan details is giving me a server error message. Is the website down at the moment?

I just tried the website and everything seems fine.  Are you using a cellphone or computer to login to the website?  Try clearing the browser cache, and rebooting either the phone or computer.  

vasilicaj

Yes, I understand. I have done it before without issues however now when I even try clicking "Change Plan" the website is not even loading for me and tells me I need to log in to see this page. And whenever I click view more plan details is giving me a server error message. Is the website down at the moment?

Pizzaeh

@vasilicaj wrote:

I tried that already and I am getting the same problem. How do I message a mod?

Note that when you change plan now, you will forfeit the remainder of any days you had left on the previous 30/90 day cycle; there is no prorating of fees.

Click here to send a private message to the moderators.  In the private message to the moderator, include your Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, email address (used to activate your Public Mobile account), and an explanation of your problem.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours. 

Moderator hours have been exteneded as of March 11th, 2019:

Weekdays 8am to 12am

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vasilicaj  - Are you sure you are selecting a different plan?  You cannot change plans in mid cycle to the SAME plan.  If you simply want to restart the same plan early (in order to reset the data limit, etc.), you would need to contact moderator team and ask them to do it for you.

You can click here to send a private message to the moderator team.

vasilicaj

I tried that already and I am getting the same problem. How do I message a mod?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@vasilicaj wrote:

I want to change my plan now and I have the adequate amount of funda in my account however whenever I select the plan and I click "Yes, Change Plan Now" it just takes me back to my account home page and nothing has changed. I still have the same funds in my account balance and the same plan. I have tried different browsers and nothing is working. Please someone help.

Try incognito mode in Chrome. Clear history. 

If not. Private message the moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.