cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not access my data

Adi80BC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have a $120/ 3 months plans with 3GB at 4G LTE. I received the text from PM saying "thank you for my payment" (autopay) on March 16th. On March 27th I received a text saying I used up 75% of my data already. When I go to my account and look at my usage, I barely used 500MB in that period of time. I turned my data off and when I turned it back on I get the "sign in to network" notification which, I learned here, is to say that I used up all my data. Since then, I turned my data off and only use WIFI, which is not convenient.
This is the first time I have an issue with PM after one year with them.
Can anyone help me? I sent a ticket to them also. It is annoying that I can not speak with a human over the phone and deal with this.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Adi80BCit looks like you (or your phone) used up the 3 gb available for the current 90 day period.

The plan you have is no longer offered to new customers. If you want to keep this plan and you need more data, you can buy the 1 gb data add-on for $15 (it's usual price is $30 but it's on sale now for a limited time).

Actually I would seriously consider changing to one of the currently offered plans before your next renewal. The $25 plan will likely meet your needs. There's some savings to be had.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Adi80BC 

Do you have some bid data eaters running on your phone prior to you shutting off your data? You could check in your apps and see what datathey are using. I have had before where I downloaded a new app like grammerly only to find it ate up 1G in 2 weeks. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Adi80BC 

Something seems to be working with your account. Please follow the suggestions above to contact moderators.

In a meantime, if you don't mind downgrading to 3g (I've seen no difference between the 2 really) you should deposit consider taking 25 plan. You'll get the same amount of data for $75 (not including referrals and loyalty)

If you are worried about the spillover usage between 3 months, now they have data add-on on sale 1g for$15, that should take you really far if you are using a bot over your1g allowance odd month or so

@Adi80BC 

Go thru the data usage of each app on your phone you may find one app that has been using up all your data. While you do this turn off background data on 95% of them.

@Adi80BC just renew on your next renewal date to the newer plan. yes they are all 3g(throttled LTE), you don't need 4g though it just marketing. 

one thing is don't stream 1080p quality on YouTube etc. it will load pretty slow. I just use up to 480p and the quality is good especially on a smartphone. you don't need HD quality on a tiny screen, plus higher quality eats through data

@Adi80BC  normally if you can't see it, it's all used up. Stay safe. I'm interested in the mods answer too.

Adi80BC

I can not see what is left. That is what is weird. I will update my post once I received a reply to my ticket.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Adi80BC How much data is left on your self-service account? It always shows the correct data. Wait for moderator's response to know exactly what happen to your account.

Adi80BC

The plan you suggested seem like it will fit more my needs, I looked it up and the plan with GB are all 3G, the only 4G LTE is the one I have already.

I was about to delete my post as I understood that the 3GB can be used all up during those 90 days. I thought I had 1GB that renew every 30 days. Weird that I have never had issues before.

Thank you for your reply

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Adi80BC When you log on your account, if you no longer see the mobile data line x/3 gb on the bottom left, then it means you have used it all up.

Since you should have 3 gb of data starting on march 16th, check your usage history on your account or on your phone. If both show that you did not consume 3 gb of data, it can be safe to say that your data counter did not properly reset during your last renewal. You took the right step by submitting a ticket. Moderators will get back to you. Look for a reply message from them in your inbox.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Adi80BC , the moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Adi80BC try restarting your phone and let us know if you still have the "sign in Network" warning.

This is more of an android issue and has nothing to do with public mobile. I can't say anything about the text message you received, but for the notification it's from the android system.

I'm confused about how these 90 day plans work.. are you limited to 1gb/30 days or can you use all 3gb whenever you like?

you should consider changing to the new $40 plan, you get 5gb of data instead of 1gb of LTE, essentially giving you 15gb in that 90 day timeframe. LTE speed is overrated. 

Need Help? Let's chat.