cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can activate my SIM Card

MONILARA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I need help to activate my card,I have done the process a couple of times but when is in the area of payment it can not process my payment, I contacted my bank and they said is a problem from your side

10 REPLIES 10

@MONILARA 

Do you have a direction in your street address? I write my address 123 east st. The official address is 123 1st st. E . If it wasn't stressed previously enter all the info in ALL CAPS. So it should look like this: YOUR NAME 101-123 1ST ST E  YOURTOWN PROV X0X0X0 . Hopefully that helps.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@MONILARA 

Please don't give up

Try here the activation assistance

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

They are closed now but you can get assistance tomorrow

@MONILARA, let's settle down now, and now writing in all caps, I sound like you are YELLING AT ME! 

Kidding aside, your self-serve account address needs to match up with the address in your credit card form too. 

1. So, let's jump into your self-serve account now
  2. Click on 'My Profile,'
  3. Take a screenshot to make sure the address will be entered properly on the Credit Card Form. If you live in suite, apartment, unit, loft...Enter the fields of your as per the form. Be advised, where there is spot for the apartment number, leave this blank, and put it as part of the street address. For example, if I live in an apartment, suite, loft, unit, I would type in the field of street address as:

555-5555 Anywhere Ave

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.33.48 PM.png
  4. Now, click on the third tab, Payment

step 2-register autopay-mc.png

5. Click on Register for AutoPay. This will allow you to add a credit card to your account.
  6. Give it a few seconds, a white dialogue box says it's thinking....
  7. Okay, a new pop-up dialogue box should open. Enter the details as you had on your account with Public Mobile (step 2 & 3)
    step 3-credit-card-form-mc.png
  8.  Click on the Submit Button or Next (sorry, I can't remember what it said)

9. Wait for a second or two, as it is thinking again, and you should get this window confirming that your card is now registered. 

step 4-confirmation-mc.png
  10.  Still unsure? Okay, a few ways to confirm besides that message above. If you click back on Payment, when you first joined, it says "Register for Autopay," now it should say "Manage AutoPay," which means you have Autopay on, you can replace the card with a new credit card or remove it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.42.51 PM.png

The second way to confirm that you have AutoPay is in the green part it does say Autopay is active on this account. 

The third way is looking under your Overview page, My Rewards > Autorewards ($2)
    Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.43.54 PM.png

@MONILARA wrote:

THANKS BUT IS NOT WORKING, MY INFO IS CORRECT. I GIVE UP

@MONILARA  Try the sim card in your device to see if your card is activated. If yes, then try to access your selfserve account. If you can't then click here to register your selfserve account.

If your card is not activated wait for an hour so that the last session lock clears and try the activation one more time.

If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure you have JavaScript and Cookies enabled withi your browser
    2. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    3. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

@MONILARA check your private messages beside the notification icon

MONILARA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

THANKS BUT IS NOT WORKING, MY INFO IS CORRECT. I GIVE UP

@MONILARA 

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MONILARA Your credit/debit card details must match your bank/credit details exactly eg. your name(you can check this by looking at a bank statement or online banking) - this is essential for this to work. Put your middle name/initials in your last name box before your last name. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@MONILARA hello Try your sim in your phone to see if it works if not clear the cache on your computer reboot and use Ingognito mode make sure you leave the apartment Number blank When inputting your credit card informationType your name exactly as it is on your credit card

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MONILARA Try clearing Cache / Cookies and use intigonto mode in Chrome. You will have to wait an hour before you try again as the SIM card is locked. Make sure your putting the proper information while adding your CC as they must match EXACTLY with your bank/CC. For example your bank has 123 Tyron St. But you wrote 123 Tyron Street. Or there might not be a space in the postal code. Also leave the apt number blank

Need Help? Let's chat.