cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a voucher at Canadian tire but it's not working and it's not refundable!!

Marabls
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Voucher from Canadian tire is not working. I'm pisted off. I cant pay online because I don't have a Visa at the moment. So what should I do??? My plan is expired today!

32 REPLIES 32

@7keyz wrote:

Urgent. I transferred our business line, we did a top up on the account for the maximum amount of $48.00, about $54 after taxes. It accepted the payment, but still doesn't work. We need immediate assistance. 

Public Mobile does not provide live assistance, nor will they usually call a customer. Please do not post your phone number here as anyone can see it.

$48 is not the maximum top up amount. Which plan did you sign up to? If you go into your account, what does the plan status say? Which phone model fo you have?  More information is needed.

@7keyz wrote:

Urgent. I transferred our business line, we did a top up on the account for the maximum amount of $48.00, about $54 after taxes. It accepted the payment, but still doesn't work. We need immediate assistance. The number is XXX-YYYY

Everyone here can see your phone number...you can delete it by clicking on the 3 little dots on top right of your original post. Then edit out the number.

We're all customers here...there are no numbers where you can get support.

Yoy got a Public Mobile sim card, slected a plan...went through the activation process without success....correcct ? Look at top of page and click Get Started and you'll be able to see if your phone is compatible at PM. Is your phone unlocked from previous cell provider ?

@

@7keyz wrote:

Urgent. I transferred our business line, we did a top up on the account for the maximum amount of $48.00, about $54 after taxes. It accepted the payment, but still doesn't work. We need immediate assistance. The number is 

Edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@7keyz 

More details may be helpful.

Do you see the $48 in your available balance?  Is your account status active versus suspended?  When did you port your line? today?  

7keyz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Urgent. I transferred our business line, we did a top up on the account for the maximum amount of $48.00, about $54 after taxes. It accepted the payment, but still doesn't work. We need immediate assistance. The number is 

Edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

Marabls

Ok all good.

This $10 are from my voucher, but since my plan wasn't active when I checked the first time, I couldn't figure out where they were coming from.

So the moderators sort it all out. I have no idea why the voucher was not working.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marabls wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I too think the wait period in a false thing (maybe a couple of minutes for the electrons to traverse the internet).  when i had my voucher issue i bought two at exactly the same time one worked the other did not.  

Hi everyone, I want to reassure you that I'm still aware of this issue and trying to get to the bottom of it.

Our technical team returned with the knowledge that there's a possibility that a voucher won't work if the serial number is used instead of the actual voucher number, and that multiple incorrect tries will lock the customer into a fraud list. 

However, I'm not convinced this is true for our long time customers- it's been a challenge getting examples for our team to investigate. It could really help me if anyone can private message me a voucher code that didn't work right away or currently does not work.

I'm in contact with one of he moderator. 

I sent her all my details and I'm waiting to see what happens. Weird fact this morning I have a $10 top up on my account but my voucher is $40.

I don't know what's going on, but it's very annoying.

@Marabls The mods will continue to help you, but to help me understand the problem better please PM me the voucher number that's not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marabls wrote:

Reward? For what? I'm confused !

No I always used my number...

When you sign up there's an option to put in a phone number of an existing Public Mobile customer. You get $10 and they get $1 per 30 days for as long as you stay.

It's one of the rewards being offered by this company.

Marabls

Reward? For what? I'm confused !

No I always used my number...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marabls wrote:

I sent her all my details and I'm waiting to see what happens. Weird fact this morning I have a $10 top up on my account but my voucher is $40.

That's now probably a referral reward. Did you use somebody's PM number when you signed up?

Marabls

@Alan_K wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I too think the wait period in a false thing (maybe a couple of minutes for the electrons to traverse the internet).  when i had my voucher issue i bought two at exactly the same time one worked the other did not.  

Hi everyone, I want to reassure you that I'm still aware of this issue and trying to get to the bottom of it.

Our technical team returned with the knowledge that there's a possibility that a voucher won't work if the serial number is used instead of the actual voucher number, and that multiple incorrect tries will lock the customer into a fraud list. 

However, I'm not convinced this is true for our long time customers- it's been a challenge getting examples for our team to investigate. It could really help me if anyone can private message me a voucher code that didn't work right away or currently does not work.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It would be interesting to know why the voucher from Canadian Tire didn't work right away.  I have only ever bought vouchers from Canadian Tire gas bar.  They work right away.  The voucher amounts are entered into a small machine and a recipient is printed with the unique PIN.  That code is usable right away.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marabls wrote:

So I can't receive phone call??

Correct. After around 2am ET, if you haven't paid then your service will stop. That's the essence of pre-paid.

Edit: You edited your post 🙂 No. See above.

You're in suspended state right now but it's more of a pending state when it's the overnight of the renewal rather than full-on suspended that happens later.

Marabls

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marabls wrote:

My plan is expired now , what happens now? When I recharge I will get my plan back like before?

This is the last day of your pre-paid service. Your phone should work until 00:00 ET and maybe even upwards to 2am ET. That's when it really wants money. At 00:00 ET it'll go into suspension. If you can't do a credit card top-up or a voucher from wherever then it will stay suspended and turn off services after 2am ET. But you have up to 90 says to renew with all that you have. If you used someone as a referral then they will lose the $1 by way of your referral until you renew.

So can I receive phone calls??

Marabls

@popping wrote:

@Marabls wrote:

My plan is expired now , what happens now? When I recharge I will get my plan back like before?

What is the payment due date shown on your self-serve overview page?

For Nov 13, you renewal date is tomorrow.  Although your account is expired right now, you still have time to put money in your account before midnight.  I assume that you are living in the west as you purchase voucher at London Drug.

I should pay today, on my account says that the plan is expired because I didnt pay.

I'm in the Yukon right now,  I bought the voucher at London drugs when I was in Vancouver, but here in Whitehorse there is just Canadian tire.

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go back to Canadian Tire and complain. Ask for a refund.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marabls wrote:

This is the last day of your pre-paid service. Your phone should work until 00:00 ET and maybe even upwards to 2am ET. That's when it really wants money. At 00:00 ET it'll go into suspension. If you can't do a credit card top-up or a voucher from wherever then it will stay suspended and turn off services after 2am ET. But you have up to 90 says to renew with all that you have. If you used someone as a referral then they will lose the $1 by way of your referral until you renew.

popping

@Marabls wrote:

What is the payment due date shown on your self-serve overview page?

For Nov 13, you renewal date is tomorrow.  Although your account is expired right now, you still have time to put money in your account before midnight.  I assume that you are living in the west as you purchase voucher at London Drug.

mimmo

@Marabls wrote:

yes you keep the plan until you change it or until 90 have passed.

Marabls

mimmo

@Marabls wrote:

Thanks everybody for the reply. I sent a message to the moderator, so hopefully I will get an answer soon. 

ARGH!

Do let us know. but recently mods have been replying 3-4 days after receiving messages

Marabls

Thanks everybody for the reply. I sent a message to the moderator, so hopefully I will get an answer soon. 

ARGH!

mimmo

@Marabls  my only suggestion is to go buy another voucher and reload with that one.

after message the mods with the details of this voucher. This same thing happened to me 2 months back, but with a $100 voucher.  reply from mods was we will investgate and we will reply 5-10 buisness days.  i now have a $100 credit sitting as available balance in that account. maybe buy voucher of smaller denominations aswell in case the same thing happens....

best of luck.

@Alan_K  any idea why this voucher issue keeps popping up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marabls wrote:

No I can't ask anyone for a credit card, I bought the voucher today but the clerk didn't know anything about it. 

Two months ago I bought a voucher at London drugs and it worked straight away. 

This is the rumour. Some vendors may not reconcile their terminals until some unknown time after you've bought the voucher. It sucks. A lesson would be to not try to pay for the renewal on the very last day. Shouldn't be of course.

Then there have been reports of vouchers not working at all even after some passage of time. It sucks. Luckily though, unused vouchers don't have an expiry. I held onto one for a couple months then finally used it.

popping

@Marabls wrote:

No I can't ask anyone for a credit card, I bought the voucher today but the clerk didn't know anything about it. 

Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.

You may want to get a voucher at London Drug again and get your account renewed ASAP.  Moderator can sort out your CT voucher in a few days and you will get the credit for your next renewal.

Marabls

I tried 4, 5 times already and it's not working, not through the phone, not online 😞

Marabls

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marabls wrote:

Voucher from Canadian tire is not working. I'm pisted off. I cant pay online because I don't have a Visa at the moment. So what should I do??? My plan is expired today!

Do you have a working Paypal account?

recharge.com takes Paypal.

Great suggestion as PayPal can take money from bank account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marabls wrote:

Do you have a working Paypal account?

recharge.com takes Paypal.

Need Help? Let's chat.