cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a new sim today. I want to change to the $15 plan from the $45 plan.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I bought it today. I want to change to the $15 plan. but already paid $40 with $10 off for 8 months in this case. when I change the current plan to another plan, will i pay $15 today?

16 REPLIES 16

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

Yep. I'm going to deactive my current plan (not new plan) soon but I want to keep my number on the new sim. 

There's no point in doing that. As already stated, you would have to port out by buying a sim and plan from another carrier and then you would have to buy another Public Mobile plan (the $15 plan) and then port the number back in.

The promotion for the $15 plan is to receive $5 off for each of 8 renewals for a total discount of $40.  You've already paid $40 and if you go about switching around to get the promo for a $15 plan on a new account, you lose that $40.   Why not just stay put on the $40 plan at least for the first 30 days?

@computergeek541   IIRC, I believe OP wants to activate a new $40 plan to take advantage of the current promo ($10 promo discount) because he is already an existing customer (since last Sept).  He wants to change his current plan from $45 (noted in the heading) to $15 and then deactivate it.  I don't remember any $45 plan though...maybe that was an older plan that was phased out, or OP might have made a typo and is on the current $40. 

Either way, hopefully, he has worked out the costs involved in order to keep his current number with porting out/in and new SIMs.

@Joelkim wrote:

Yep. I'm going to deactive my current plan (not new plan) soon but I want to keep my number on the new sim. 

There's no point in doing that. As already stated, you would have to port out by buying a sim and plan from another carrier and then you would have to buy another Public Mobile plan (the $15 plan) and then port the number back in.

The promotion for the $15 plan is to receive $5 off for each of 8 renewals for a total discount of $40.  You've already paid $40 and if you go about switching around to get the promo for a $15 plan on a new account, you lose that $40.   Why not just stay put on the $40 plan at least for the first 30 days?

Hate to tell you @Joelkim to transfer your old number to the new one SIM you have to port it out.  And then port it back in. Porting numbers within PM is not permitted.

@Joelkim wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

I wanted to have the 5GB plan on the promo, but I'm the exiting customer so the promo was for new activation and wanted to save more money about $80 for 8 months. 

So you are activating a new account to take advantage of the promo and dropping down to the $15 plan for your current account?  That makes sense:)

@Joelkim wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

I wanted to have the 5GB plan on the promo, but I'm the exiting customer so the promo was for new activation and wanted to save more money about $80 for 8 months. 

So you are activating a new account to take advantage of the promo and dropping down to the $15 plan for your current account?  That makes sense:)

You will have to get a new number for the new plan as numbers are not allowed to be transferred between existing PM accounts. 

If you don't plan on using your existing plan, then you could opt to instead remove your CC (if registered) and then let it suspend.  Just make a payment within 90 days (advised at 85 day) of suspension to not lose the plan or number and repeat this procedure as long as you need.

Joelkim

@dabr wrote:

@Joelkim wrote:

Joelkim

I won't change the new plan for 8 months. Thank you so much. 

@Joelkim You are welcome.  Glad that we could help you.  Have a great weekend .

@Joelkim wrote:

Thank you so much. I will probably lose the promo if I change to a new plan, but I will keep the new plan with 5GB 😄 Thank you for your reply.

@Joelkim wrote:

Joelkim

Hi,

I know I don't need, but the promo is not for exiting customers and I wanted to have the 5GB plan with discounted price for 8 months. I had no way but I don't think the mod will give me the promo to the plan I already opened in last Sep.

Joelkim

Thank you so much. I will probably lose the promo if I change to a new plan, but I will keep the new plan with 5GB 😄 Thank you for your reply.

@gail709 fyi the mods only honour the promotions if you go to a higher priced plan. 

Joelkim

gail709

Technically the sale price is for new activation.  They may not consider you 'new' since you already have a plan.  Best for you to talk to a moderator and see if they will switch it for you.  Click on the question mark at the bottom of the page and type in moderator.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Joelkim wrote:

I bought it today. I want to change to the $15 plan. but already paid $40 with $10 off for 8 months in this case. when I change the current plan to another plan, will i pay $15 today?

@Joelkim  You don't need to purchase a new SIM to change your plan, unless you mean to open another account with a new SIM.  Also I believe according to the rules of the latest promo you will lose the discount if you decide to make any changes until the promotion discounts are all paid out.

But as a general rule of thumb you should always schedule to future date any change in plan as there is no pro-ration or refunds for unused features of your current plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Joelkim If you do it immediately you will lose your 40 and be charged another 15 for the new plan. It is recommended to set the plan to change on the next cycle. In this case you will also lose the Lunar promotion. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Joelkim wrote:

@Joelkim Yes, and you will start a new 30 day cycle. More info is here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.